Springfield | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm going to bold and say that one week from today, walls will be down. TMs staffed in front for a week while the project wraps up.

Also: Duff's will be open by May.

(throws money down)

Let's do this

Reactions: Freak and William
CAEpoihVEAAI3k7.jpg

Lot of work going on at Duffs. Photo from @ryanthemepark's Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told next Saturday some of this might be open. To give employees a warm up for the bigger crowds . it not far off from the march 28 rumored date.

Do we know if the old SES overflow queue is being integrated into Duff as a seating area (kind of like the backside of Orlando's), or will it continue to be SES overflow?

I've wondered this myself. It's been behind walls for many months, but it hasn't changed at all. If they were going to take it out they probably would've done so already. I hope they use it for more seating (they ended up doing that back when Louie's got crowded), but it'd be terrible if SES crowds filled up the plaza leading to Springfield and Hogsmeade because the queue wasn't long enough.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Anyone have some before/after photos from the Simpsons Ride of the Duff-Louie's area? I'd love to see what buildings are being reused.

This is similar to someone else's photo posted earlier today, but my camera was just high enough to capture the cool light fixtures to the right.  Wondering where they'll put the big neon sign and the Duff's blimp.  Second pic is rear of Duff's from SES entrance.  Notice how the smoke stacks aren't finished at the bottom.  Love that they're brick.  Orlando's are solid color.

Springfield_031415_1.jpg

Springfield_031415_2.jpg

The 'mountain' mural is back up today.  It's lower now.  Here's a before and after.  It seems more correct now that it's not blocking the 'D' in Springfield. 

Springfield_031415_3.png

This is similar to someone else's photo posted earlier today, but my camera was just high enough to capture the cool light fixtures to the right.  Wondering where they'll put the big neon sign and the Duff's blimp.  Second pic is rear of Duff's from SES entrance.  Notice how the smoke stacks aren't finished at the bottom.  Love that they're brick.  Orlando's are solid color.

Springfield_031415_1.jpg

Springfield_031415_2.jpg

The 'mountain' mural is back up today.  It's lower now.  Here's a before and after.  It seems more correct now that it's not blocking the 'D' in Springfield. 

Springfield_031415_3.png
Did you get any pictures of the posts at the front of Springfield.

You might think the subject of the first photo is Hogwarts but you'd be wrong.  It's the CHEF -- one of two I saw -- who came out of the record store which is actually an employee kitchen exit.  Do chef's go into kitchens, in uniform, if the kitchen isn't ready to make food?  Hmm...  Also, love the detail in the iron tree surrounds in the sidewalk. 

Springfield_031415_5.jpg

Springfield_031415_6.jpg

Did you get any pictures of the posts at the front of Springfield.
I consider those part of Hogsmeade so I'll be posting those in that forum shortly.

Touch up paint is progressing.  Glad they're mindful of the details.  Wide photo isn't great but it shows the black and yellow stripes on top of taco truck.  Getting closer!

Springfield_031415_4.jpg

Springfield_031415_7.jpg

Reactions: Aaron
After looking at pictures from @b4ben666's Twitter account and seeing pictures of universal chefs coming out of the building, I am 99% sure the façade will be reveled in around a week and soft openings in less than 3 weeks. Here is one of the photos from @b4ben666, it has 2 (real) construction workers in the shot but you can see the background that everything is almost done and all the tiny details are being put on. I can't wait to get a chicken and waffle sandwich :)
CAGetR9VEAE5Stv.jpg

Reactions: b4ben24 and JPLA
Great, great photos, JPLA! It seems that the awkward part of the mural I pointed out not too long ago is, indeed, because they positioned it too high. 

That first photo you posted of Duff Brewery makes it look like smoke is actually coming out of it. Haha.

Great pictures! We're so close now. It's amazing how we blink, and literally the span of one day so much changes.

And yeah, it's amazing to see all the little details our Springfield has. I also love that they're taking the time to test different colors and readjust the "hillside" before it opens.

Wow, they are screaming towards the finish line. Kind of funny that once this opens and we all go "ooh" and "ahh" suddenly we'll be reminded that F&F is a thing that is also coming a month or two later.