Springfield | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Duff's Brewery has these strung lights ready to unclump and drape across the patio area.  I believe 'unclump' is the technical term.  ;-)    Speaking of lighting, how much do I dislike the location of that streetlight in front of the nuclear plant?  A LOT!  (Sorry about pic quality but my old iPhone 4 is terrible in low light conditions.)

Springfield_031515_1.jpg

Springfield_031515_2.jpg

Not really, they just pushed out a bunch of advertisements on the websites, park maps, social media, etc. The same will probably happen for us, I wouldn't really say this project warrants a grand opening.

Maybe Universal will step up in theming and make each restaurant individual and have no food court so there would be an actual Cletus's chicken shack restaurant and an actual Krusty Burger because the Moes tavern in the picture looks much larger than orlandos
I have a feeling this is what will happen.  From what I have seen so far, this isn't Orlando!

I am also hearing that Springfield training is beginning this week for the food employees.  Expect soft opening within the next two weeks.  I hear Duff and Taco Truck are still behind and will open not long after.

Welcome to Springfield watch 2015!

training for new Duff and luigis  started yesterday. i was told from employee / source that duff will have a more extensive theming compared to orlando which we can already see. the inside will have of a more factory feel to it  like having factory type pipes  on the ceiling , there is also going to be unfinished beers on the ground suggesting that workers have drinking on the job lol . the details for this will be amazing. if i get more info ill post more up later tonight,   as for luigis  its not anything spectacuar but it will be a major update from the previous pizza place obviously  :)  good day everyone.

I'm loving all the details and themeing we're receiving, so intricate, especially compared to Florida! I definitely think Universal will host some sort of commemorative event for the opening, especially with Disney having so many events this year, Universal will want some attention on themselves. And not just for the studio tour and F&F.

My biggest fear with Springfield right now is that there won't be enough seats! I hope it'll be efficient. But I guess the worst that can happen is that you can simply order from Springfield and go find a seat elsewhere in the park.

Springfield in USF can get wildly crowded. I made sure to go to the foodcourt as soon as it opened in the day, because the line will go out onto the street. They've even included a queue inside the building. I think the fact that the main venues are two-stories tall will help.

Yeah, I hope that will help. But Springfield is also an "attraction" so it'll always been packed and more popular, especially being in the busiest artery in the park.

Anyway, I'm still excited :) I can't wait to find out more about "Hollywood and Dine"

Reactions: 12th Man