Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Didn't they already gut the inside of 29 and 31? Because I'm wondering if it's more due to that they may be simply waiting for the Metro Soundstages to be finalized before further work begins on not only SLoP but also on the Falls Lake soundstages.

Because it's either that, or they may be waiting on the success of Illumination's Sing and Trolls to make any further decisions on what they could be doing; but I would suspect more of the waiting for the Metro Soundstages in my guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JaySalahi
Didn't they already gut the inside of 29 and 31? Because I'm wondering if it's more due to that they may be simply waiting for the Metro Soundstages to be finalized before further work begins on not only SLoP but also on the Falls Lake soundstages.

Because it's either that, or they may be waiting on the success of Illumination's Sing and Trolls to make any further decisions on what they could be doing; but I would suspect more of the waiting for the Metro Soundstages in my guess.

Sing and Trolls has nothing to do with it.

They aren't shooting in 29 anymore and I worked 3 days on the backlot over the last 2 weeks. There was 0 activity there. Empty inside. nothing happening on the outside. I expect them to come down in the New Year once these two new sages are up and running full speed post Hairspray Live. I assume, they cant have too much construction down there at once. Too many shoots, people, plus the trams. You gotta have room for regular cars and golf carts at all times too. Thats the main path for everyone getting from the Soundstages to the other end of the lot.

The back Path along the river only links costume/Transpo area, River Road parking lot (which has no Golf cart access, only some stairs that you pop up right before the tram goes to BTTF area)  Amblin, and all the way in front by the far right parking garage (NBC/telemunto). 

Reactions: Jon Fu
Okay I'm really surprised by that, especially since SLoP did so well. 

I really hope it's not Sing. I just don't see how that will translate well for a ride. Spongebob would be cool, but that just seems odd considering how old it is. 

What I REALLY want to see is Ghostbusters. We're lacking a MIB-style shooter ride and GB would be perfect to fit the bill for a trackless shooting ride. It would fit so well being next to Transformers. 

I would trust Taylor Strickland of OI more than ORLParkNews, as he's mainly reporting that SLoP is still happening and that any other rumors should be treated as such, rumors.

I like how he called it Secret Life of Legs at one point in the article.  That sound like an interesting movie and/or ride, lol.

Reactions: Ryan and Alexshow.

Something may have stalled the development of the ride, but the head of NBCUniversal acknowledged that Universal was planning to release an attraction based on the film. Simple research will tell you that, and to get that detail wrong discredits that website and their article.

Did the attraction get canceled? Perhaps - but to say that the attraction was never confirmed is wrong.

If anything, the film's overwhelming success may prompt Universal to think bigger and change things around.

If they really did cancel for Sing, that would be an insanely indecisive move. Might as well throw a tennis ball out there and see Uni's head immediately spin around and plan an attraction around that.  :lol:

I definitely think something most likely changed, but not a cancellation.

If anything, the film's overwhelming success may prompt Universal to think bigger and change things around.

If they really did cancel for Sing, that would be an insanely indecisive move. Might as well throw a tennis ball out there and see Uni's head immediately spin around and plan an attraction around that.  :lol:

I definitely think something most likely changed, but not a cancellation.

Food for thought, but what if they moved the attraction over to Soundstage 29 and 31? That spot is already awkward and sort of hidden, and if we were to assume that the restrooms/Panda Express/grab-and-go will go, 28 is the only piece of property holding them back if they were to expand further beyond the park into the backlot.

The issue I have with that is the recently confirmed Nintendo area, which obviously needs a comfortable spot all within its own. Inserting SLoP into there would awkwardly bisect the expansion available. Of course, this is unless Mummy (and beyond it) is all destroyed for Nintendo instead. The impending lower lot expansion is a bewildering mystery at the moment.

Side note, any further word on what happened to the Phantom set?  Will it ever go on display anywhere?  Where is it being kept in the meantime?

Expect the old 29&31 stages to become offices for Lower Lot management. The demotion stalled most likely because SLoP wants to build simultaneously. I am surprised for SLoP stall, but I can (first hand) confirm there was a ride in development.  They could be going back to the drawing board with SLoP, but I think with Karen taking over, she was placed there to make things more streamlined with Creative. 

Nintendo will eliminate Mummy and the surrounding stages. I am rather confident of that.