Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That sucks. That means we have nothing next year from USH. 

I really hope they delay Mummy's closure until then because we can't have less rides. 

Personally, why couldn't Pitch Perfect (if that's still rumored to happen) be our 2017 Project? It would make sense, but that's just me.

It probably is.

2017 will focus a bit more on CityWalk and wooing AP-ers back to the park. I wouldn't be surprised to possibly see those new interactive elements from Japan added to entice Potter fans.

In a way, this makes sense to have done due to a few reasons.

A.) With the Evolution Plan, we've been seeing most of the change go to matters like getting the parks infrastructure more stable, making new changes to the Studio on minor (at first) aspects, and; getting the parking better for the guests with the ET structure. It makes sense to back off on the theme park itself (Besides SLoP) and focusing on adding brand new items that would get people to come to the City walk more often.

I would also think, considering that movement has been happening; Fung Lum should be the resorts third biggest project (behind SLoP and Soundstage Construction). It would make sense, but that's just me.

And

B.) They need to get the pass holders back to the park. They took the first step with the most recent changes, but I have to think that they will be doing more changes to accommodate Pass holders; and to more importantly, to increase attendance. And while I wish they make it much similar to UOAPs pass system; I can't see that happen.

Do I think that the park could receive an addition to make that "one addition per year" happen for the park? I don't doubt it. Do I think that Hollywood could allow Potter to allow it's revenue to steam through for long term? Yes. But, I hope that they don't do nothing for CW (Besides Universal Cinema and Margarittaville), when they can fill up some of it's more 'dead' spots. Especially when SLoP won't come till 2018, it would be wise to invest more in CW ( and you know.. open its shops and dining earlier than 11 AM in the morning).

Reactions: Dylan Beck
This is a tad late, but has anybody noticed that SLoP construction has significantly stalled? http://insideuniversal.net/2016/08/photo-update-august-20-2016-halloween-horror-nights-citywalk-hollywood-and-the-universal-backlot/

From what I've heard, things are generally the same as they were a couple weeks back. So what's the hold up?

One guess is that the movie was such a dynamite success that they're waiting to bulldoze the other soundstages around it and possibly rethink the future LL layout in this area. Still, unless this actually involved the attraction which was supposed to be a ride-in-a-box a la its neighbor, obviously there's more to it. The film is on track to soon become the third-highest grossing film of the year domestically (the biggest possible threat of such is most likely only Rogue One), and it's still raking in money worldwide for quite a hefty total for a non-Disney original animated film. I can't see any dramatic redesigns being a budget cut (screens), so we can only speculate at this point.

Your thoughts?

I believe the SLoP project is waiting for the stage removal of 29-30 first. SLoP is a medium sized attraction which could still easily make spring 2018. 

As for a 2017 attraction...has anyone considered more structural upgrades instead of a ride?

Reactions: Ryan and Alexshow.
I believe the SLoP project is waiting for the stage removal of 29-30 first. SLoP is a medium sized attraction which could still easily make spring 2018. 

As for a 2017 attraction...has anyone considered more structural upgrades instead of a ride?

While I don't see that impossible of it being Structural upgrades (and the Cartooniversal Replacement) and that's it..has it been ruled out of that Pitch Perfect rumor from a while back that would've taken over SES? If they still wanted a 2017 addition, they could easily close down SES after Horror Nights and open it back up early in the year for a new show in there. It's a guess, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them not do anything major (and by major, I mean Big attractions)..

Last edited by a moderator:
While I don't see that impossible of it being Structural upgrades (and the Cartooniversal Replacement) and that's it..has it been ruled out of that Pitch Perfect rumor from a while back that would've taken over SES? If they still wanted a 2017 addition, they could easily close down SES after Horror Nights and open it back up early in the year for a new show in there. It's a guess, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them not do anything major (and by major, I mean Big attractions)..

Think...operational upgrade...

Has anybody thought about upgrades to existing rides?
Simpsons HD/4K, Jurassic Park. or something of the like. Honestly, I doubt JP but I've been seeing minor upgrades
on things lately. The infamous Transformers projector issues, as HHN has started, seems to be less frequent.

Simpsons HD/4K, Jurassic Park. or something of the like. Honestly, I doubt JP but I've been seeing minor upgrades
on things lately. The infamous Transformers projector issues, as HHN has started, seems to be less frequent.

Simpsons is IMAX, which is already a much higher resolution than 4K. Brightness on the other hand needs to be improved.

Reactions: XD005

I could see TF getting some improvements next year in terms of projectors and exterior improvements, but who knows at this point.

I'm curious to know what @Chris means though by the Operation upgrading in my opinion though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've noticed Uni does not like to tweak their rides very much.
But I could definitely see improvements to the lower lot in the coming years, preparing for the new SLOP ride,
in order to keep guests in the lower lot for a longer time. I think opening the new restaurants was the start of this preparation.
It's probably in Universal's best interest to try and get a show down. We've got the Raptor encounter, TF characters. Maybe they can make some kind of skit with the TF characters.