Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The original Universal concept plans for Nintendo World included flat rides based off of Bullet Bill and spinning Koopa shells. This might be what Hollywood gets instead of the Yoshi ride.

Good god! They were planning on fitting all that into Kidzone?!

Last edited by a moderator:
The original Universal concept plans for Nintendo World included flat rides based off of Bullet Bill and spinning Koopa shells. This might be what Hollywood gets instead of the Yoshi ride.
A Koopa ride would be cool, honestly until Walugi is added Bowser and Koopa are the two characters I'd want a picture with most....so would not mind a ride based off him.
Also while it would be a small space...bet it would have lines of 30+ mins for the first few years of being open..so worth the land for it

I wonder if "Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge" will contain animatronics of the characters during the racing. I would love to see animatronic versions of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Toad and Yoshi racing alongside you. I feel like this is wishful thinking though due to the emphasis on AR tech. I hope there's at least an animatronic Bowser in the pre-show.

Reactions: Freak and belloq87
I wonder if "Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge" will contain animatronics of the characters during the racing. I would love to see animatronic versions of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Toad and Yoshi racing alongside you. I feel like this is wishful thinking though due to the emphasis on AR tech. I hope there's at least an animatronic Bowser in the pre-show.
There will be animatronics on the ride

I mean, these were the plans that Nintendo turned down, so just because they were designed at one point doesn’t mean they’re still on the table for the future. This was just a pitch.

Nintendo was like, "Okay it seems you've played our games...but have you played our games recently? Or any of them within the last decade?"
I mean Nintendo Oked everything.....no clue who DK is for? The Mario Kart ride already hits newer and the older gamers from the 80's.

I think Spatoon while not as big as most IPs works really well for a ride, Zelda is hot enough now and with more than enough different styles to work, and Pokemon is the biggest WTF to me...Pokemon is the biggest IP in the world (look it up) and after Mario would have made a land and rides with them and tried to tie Pokemon Go into the land/parks.

I mean Nintendo Oked everything.....no clue who DK is for? The Mario Kart ride already hits newer and the older gamers from the 80's.

DK is a timeless character with a tailor made ride. Not to mention a good aesthetic for a theme park.

I think Spatoon while not as big as most IPs works really well for a ride, Zelda is hot enough now and with more than enough different styles to work, and Pokemon is the biggest WTF to me...Pokemon is the biggest IP in the world (look it up) and after Mario would have made a land and rides with them and tried to tie Pokemon Go into the land/parks.

Splatoon would be cool, but far from the easiest property to build a ride around.

Zelda and Pokemon would require their own lands, and Pokemon has other controlling interests to deal with.

The fact is Donkey Kong is already Mario-adjacent, and works in the small space that they had for a secondary big attraction. That space just wouldn't make sense for something as big as Zelda or Pokemon.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
DK is a timeless character with a tailor made ride. Not to mention a good aesthetic for a theme park.
I'm a Nintendo fan so no hate on DK, I like the idea of a ride but makes no sense compared to other IPs.
Its one of those times I'm confused on who is doing these ideas, so they don't want to get the most amount of people in from an Ad and make money at the gift shop? Or Maybe Nintendo wants to make DK a bigger character again and the deal was one big IP and the other to boost a more medium sized character.

There will be animatronics on the ride
Thank you

I'm a Nintendo fan so no hate on DK, I like the idea of a ride but makes no sense compared to other IPs.
Its one of those times I'm confused on who is doing these ideas, so they don't want to get the most amount of people in from an Ad and make money at the gift shop? Or Maybe Nintendo wants to make DK a bigger character again and the deal was one big IP and the other to boost a more medium sized character.
Donkey Kong is a character who will never "die", makes a naturally great themed land and the Mine cart idea probably won the whole team over.

Outside of Metroid and Luigi's Mansion, I'm not sure how other major Nintendo IPs like Zelda, Animal Crossing, Splatoon and Fire Emblem would be incorporated into theme parks outside of merch easily.

Donkey Kong is a character who will never "die", makes a naturally great themed land and the Mine cart idea probably won the whole team over.

Outside of Metroid and Luigi's Mansion, I'm not sure how other major Nintendo IPs like Zelda, Animal Crossing, Splatoon and Fire Emblem would be incorporated into theme parks outside of merch easily.
Kirby and animal crossing as well. Nintendo has a lot of hot things that could work for lands...heck they really could have made their own theme park and been fine.
DK is cool, im just saying it's weird to me he is second on the list with how little Nintendo uses him outside of Smash/Mario Kart. We got games on Wii and Wii U but since then its nothing.

Does anybody else think we won’t get DK for a while afterwards like 2024-2025?
That would make sense if we get it at all now, who knows what Universal plan is post Nintendoland...we have no idea if the parks will be crowded or not after whats happening now because until the unemployment benefits go away we really don't know the real impact of everything going on

Reactions: Pacific
Again, the amount of land that DK occupies is too small for a bigger franchise like Zelda or Pokémon. DK makes more sense as a mini land in a Mario area since the two are already linked.

plus Donkey Kong has a tailor made ride in the the Mine Cart levels. It’s just a no brainer

If SNW Hollywood ever has a scarezone, should they borrow the MSHI HHN concept that the villains take over the area? Minus the gore though, which we all know because Marvel was unhappy with Universal with the IOA Marvel scarezone back in 2002, but it would be at least a nice come back. Either Ganondorf of Bowser taking over SNW after defeating Mario and his friends/allies from other Nintendo-made games.