Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Because realistically, I still don't see Nintendo characters dressing up for Halloween especially for daytime operations. If Disney reserves most of their Halloween stuff/costumes for their own nighttime Halloween events, I doubt Universal would put out the same for SNW characters for normal/daytime operations before Halloween night. I just don't see that Universal would do something like that in real life.

As for whether SNW could be open as a scarezone or not for HHN, my reasoning was since Booville, a non-scariest place for HHN 2002 yet classified as a scarezone, could open, then SNW can do the same as well. I guess that Booville in 2002 was very different than the current SNW, but again, it's not that far fetched. SNW doesn't have to be scary, but it makes much more fun if it has Halloween overlays and Nintendo ghoul-like characters roaming around the area. Nintendo also makes music that are creepy and doesn't really shy away from it at all. Play some scary Nintendo music especially if most of the attendees are mature people along the way similar to The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror opening/ending credits at the Upper Lot. Again earlier I said, I'm not saying it should be that scary, but it would be a nice to have some Halloween overlays and some scary music rather than being generic.
If you want to actually compare to Boo-ville: No characters were officially out in Boo-ville (though the Grinch would randomly pop up in 2003) and the rides were closed. Boo-ville existed because they couldn’t do nothing with Suess Landing. So they threw creepy music in it and, literally, turned everything off “because the Whos were scared and didn’t want anyone to know they were there.”

What you’re proposing is a seasonal overlay of a IP meant to draw in families that only occurs during an “PG 13 and up” event. They’re two completely different audiences.

Any seasonal overlay of Halloween is going to occur during daytime operations. Universal wants the 8 year olds to see Franken-Mario too.

Yeah, Nintendo just won't do anything that scary the member who said have some boos in the land would be the best we would get and really would be enough for me.
But I don't see this happening when Potter area has yet to get a Halloween themed meet and greets like over in Florida

What you’re proposing is a seasonal overlay of a IP meant to draw in families that only occurs during an “PG 13 and up” event. They’re two completely different audiences.

Any seasonal overlay of Halloween is going to occur during daytime operations. Universal wants the 8 year olds to see Franken-Mario too.

I can't find anything that Universal historically puts out Halloween seasonal stuff for daytime operations including meets and greets when it comes to certain IPs like Nintendo. As far as I know, they keep most of that stuff for Halloween-related events during the actual HHN, similar to what Disney does for theirs. I disagree that just because HHN is mostly for adults doesn't mean SNW shouldn't at least have some Halloween fun (It can be some Halloween overlays, not really graphic/scary, and be fun for all ages including adults who loves Nintendo). It's not even that far-fetched considering Nintendo has plans for certain overlays of seasonal events.

But I don't see this happening when Potter area has yet to get a Halloween themed meet and greets like over in Florida

We don't get a scarezone at Wizarding World because there aren't going to be enough people crowding the area to justify keeping it open. That's up to the LAFD fire marshal, who are responsible for determining if the area should open or not (according to certain USH employees). SNW at the Lower Lot inevitably would get much more crowd due to HHN mazes being situated nearby between Transformers and the SNW area well as its popular MK ride, so it will be inevitably open during the event.

Last edited:
If MK is going to be kept open to divert the crowd flow of the event, I can see SNW taking a page from Boo-ville with the creepy music and no characters out. I'll acknowledge that Nintendo's no stranger to eerie music, and it knows how to spook when it wants to.

But people usually go to HHN to get their pants scared off, and Nintendo won't ever go to that level of scares; it's not in their brand. And...
What you’re proposing is a seasonal overlay of [an] IP meant to draw in families that only occurs during [a] “PG 13 and up” event. They’re two completely different audiences.

Any seasonal overlay of Halloween is going to occur during daytime operations. Universal [and Nintendo want] the 8-year-olds to see Franken-Mario too.
The Halloween decorations can stay during HHN, but aside from MK being open, that's it. Any family-oriented Halloween activities at SNW will only occur during the regular daytime hours.

Last edited:
Do not become Disney and give me a "Franken-Mario". No. Absolutely, no. I don't want Mario to wear a minion outfit, either. Or a Gryffindor Cloak, just NO.
Mario literally just starred in a game where he got new looks for every world he went to. I don’t see the harm in special Halloween meet and greets like USH has been doing for the past few years

Mario literally just starred in a game where he got new looks for every world he went to. I don’t see the harm in special Halloween meet and greets like USH has been doing for the past few years
Yes but linking Mario to other UNIVERSAL properties is different in my eyes, idk feels weird to me. Seems world breaking so Nintendo characters in halloween get ups? Sure, but not specific IPs.

If MK is going to be kept open to divert the crowd flow of the event, I can see SNW taking a page from Boo-ville with the creepy music and no characters out. I'll acknowledge that Nintendo's no stranger to eerie music, and it knows how to spook when it wants to.

But people usually go to HHN to get their pants scared off, and Nintendo won't ever go to that level of scares; it's not in their brand. And...

The Halloween decorations can stay during HHN, but aside from MK being open, that's it. Any family-oriented Halloween activities at SNW will only occur during the regular daytime hours.

I can accept the fact SNW would be similar to Booville with scary music and no scary characters and all, so I must be wrong about that earlier. However, I don't really see any precedent that Universal might put out Halloween-like characters--kid friendly or not--for daytime operations, so I guess we have to agree to disagree.

I can't find anything that Universal historically puts out Halloween seasonal stuff for daytime operations including meets and greets when it comes to certain IPs like Nintendo. As far as I know, they keep most of that stuff for Halloween-related events during the actual HHN, similar to what Disney does for theirs. I disagree that just because HHN is mostly for adults doesn't mean SNW shouldn't at least have some Halloween fun (It can be some Halloween overlays, not really graphic/scary, and be fun for all ages including adults who loves Nintendo). It's not even that far-fetched considering Nintendo has plans for certain overlays of seasonal events.

We don't get a scarezone at Wizarding World because there aren't going to be enough people crowding the area to justify keeping it open. That's up to the LAFD fire marshal, who are responsible for determining if the area should open or not (according to certain USH employees). SNW at the Lower Lot inevitably would get much more crowd due to HHN mazes being situated nearby between Transformers and the SNW area well as its popular MK ride, so it will be inevitably open during the event.
I don't think it even needs to be a scare zone..could be in the day time for all most people care

Point is Hollywood I doubt would do it...they cut back on Christmas last year and don't see them pumping money into halloween themed stuff besides HHN for a while

What type of scary music would Nintendo play at SNW HHN? I'm willing to bet the N64 or Nintendo GameCube-era scary music might come first since most Gen-X and Millennials are far more familiar with them.

What type of scary music would Nintendo play at SNW HHN? I'm willing to bet the N64 or Nintendo GameCube-era scary music might come first since most Gen-X and Millennials are far more familiar with them.

...perhaps I may of missed it, but..why does there have to be something scary for Nintendo? Not just music, but anything.

...perhaps I may of missed it, but..why does there have to be something scary for Nintendo? Not just music, but anything.

Well, it's been already settled here that there won't be any really scary-like zone and characters at SNW during the actual HHN, so SNW might have some Halloween overlays and that's it. However, Nintendo makes music that are unsettling for kids and does not shy away from them, and HHN is mainly targeted towards their main demographics. It's nice for Nintendo to at least have some scary music to accommodate HHN no different than The Simpsons's Treehouse of Horrors opening/closing credits, if both areas are to be open during HHN.

Just like they have yet to continuously open The Wizarding World, I doubt they will open Super Nintendo World, at least at first. They will keep it closed to try and entice people to buy expensive day tickets.