Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The main thing here is it's still happening!!!

Still really shocked they already have theming elements this far along.

Was thinking the other day, If DK does eventually come to Hollywood, I could see it being built entirely indoors - that would help contain noise, especially if it's sat right next to production facilities.

Reactions: BriefCasey
2022 certainly isn't. I've heard encouraging things about 2021 still being possible but obviously, things can change; but the whole "USH waiting until Orlando's version is ready" was what I was finding hard to consider.

I think a bit of the problem here is what is being considered speculation and actual rumor. People in the know do speculate without any insight with plans, and sometimes that can be interpreted as rumor reporting. Of course, another thing is insiders never bat 1.000%. I've been wrong. Alicia's been wrong. Dave's been wrong. Even ol' Hatetofly has been wrong.
I'm wrong fairly often because I throw out almost everything I hear unless it's just flat out ridiculous.

I don't think this one was as ridiculous as it sounds now. And I think a lot of it is still on the table. Except, obviously, the simultaneous opening. As a matter of fact, instead of pausing Hollywood, they took a short pause and then it looks like they actually kicked it up a notch or two.

I'm wrong fairly often because I throw out almost everything I hear unless it's just flat out ridiculous.

I don't think this one was as ridiculous as it sounds now. And I think a lot of it is still on the table. Except, obviously, the simultaneous opening. As a matter of fact, instead of pausing Hollywood, they took a short pause and then it looks like they actually kicked it up a notch or two.
I also certainly didn’t mean to take that one comment you made and run away with it as fact, so I’m sorry if I presented it that way.

If anything the opening of these lands will be one of the more interesting things to follow and there are just so many possibilities

Given its proximity to the actual working studio, that's actually quite pragmatic. A little more to build, sure, but hey, if it helps to ease filmmaking troubles, might as well.

I really must have missed something here in this discussion, but I do hear from some users here that more soundstages would eventually be torn down to make room. Is the MK ride in Hollywood gonna be in the same length as Japan's considering it to be entirely practical attraction combined with AR technology? Isn't that why the levels of the current building will be on big? I know my perception of the land if skewed, but I have a feeling the MK attraction is a bit small, considering the Princess Peach Castle entrance and parts of Yoshi Shop being assembled.

I really must have missed something here in this discussion, but I do hear from some users here that more soundstages would eventually be torn down to make room. Is the MK ride in Hollywood gonna be in the same length as Japan's considering it to be entirely practical attraction combined with AR technology? Isn't that why the levels of the current building will be on big? I know my perception of the land if skewed, but I have a feeling the MK attraction is a bit small, considering the Princess Peach Castle entrance and parts of Yoshi Shop being assembled.
Going by early aerials the ride path for Mario Kart in Hollywood looked identical to me as Japan... The upper floor, where the queue is located (as well as a gift shop in Japan,) looks to be configured differently in Hollywood though. This is most likely due to the placement of the entrance being in a different spot though..

Reactions: alias8703
Going by early aerials the ride path for Mario Kart in Hollywood looked identical to me as Japan... The upper floor, where the queue is located (as well as a gift shop in Japan,) looks to be configured differently in Hollywood though. This is most likely due to the placement of the entrance being in a different spot though..

It'd be interesting to see considering SNW Hollywood is slated to have only one attraction as opposed to two in Japan. We probably won't get a Yoshi attraction at Hollywood, but might be something else if the area is ever to be expanded. We'll probably don't get DK roller coaster as far as I'm concerned though.

Lots of Easter eggs in the last couple seconds of footage showing fabrication prepped. It would be awesome for someone to screenshot what we have and start labeling what we know will go where... First impressions: the land looks.... very small.. and it doesn't look like we are getting that grand circular entrance plaza that Osaka got (attached below for reference). The entrance seems to be squeezed in such a tight corner in between show buildings and Panda Express... do we know if panda is staying? Do we know what the size of this land is compared to Hogsmeade?
Photo Update: Super Nintendo World in Japan makes incredible progress

Reactions: alias8703
So I suppose that big entrance there would be the MK attraction? I don't really know the length of how long the ride should be given to how the land is structured, but it should be between 4 to 6 minutes. In future expansions, would more soundstages be torn down just to make room? It...just don't give me the confidence how SNW Hollywood would turn out.

So I suppose that big entrance there would be the MK attraction? I don't really know the length of how long the ride should be given to how the land is structured, but it should be between 4 to 6 minutes. In future expansions, would more soundstages be torn down just to make room? It...just don't give me the confidence how SNW Hollywood would turn out.

The entrance of Mario Kart should be on the second story pathway, similar to how Osaka is--as it has been listed via leaks of the attraction at a 5 minute total.

Queue should be on the second floor, with the ride on the first.

The entrance of Mario Kart should be on the second story pathway, similar to how Osaka is--as it has been listed via leaks of the attraction at a 5 minute total.

Queue should be on the second floor, with the ride on the first.

Since it will be on the second floor, does this mean there will be some created-path that would lead to the entrance? Not like the first stairs to the entrance? How will the land be expanded given its proximity to the actual studio as well as the possible purchase of the Golf Course nearby? I really hope it's all practical attraction with some AR technology blended in.

Lots of Easter eggs in the last couple seconds of footage showing fabrication prepped. It would be awesome for someone to screenshot what we have and start labeling what we know will go where... First impressions: the land looks.... very small.. and it doesn't look like we are getting that grand circular entrance plaza that Osaka got (attached below for reference). The entrance seems to be squeezed in such a tight corner in between show buildings and Panda Express... do we know if panda is staying? Do we know what the size of this land is compared to Hogsmeade?
Photo Update: Super Nintendo World in Japan makes incredible progress

As expected, Hollywood simply doesn't have the space that a full-theme park like Japan does. However, Panda Express might be staying, considering the vertical space of the land near the Transformers building. I have to admit, the Osaka entrance is a bit awkward imo. It would have been put something like Islands of Adventure areas' entrance for example, something people from nearby areas can walk into and not having them force into a singular route. It would have been far too crowded for people to follow this route if SNW Japan is to really open following the infamous pandemic.

Since it will be on the second floor, does this mean there will be some created-path that would lead to the entrance? Not like the first stairs to the entrance? How will the land be expanded given its proximity to the actual studio as well as the possible purchase of the Golf Course nearby? I really hope it's all practical attraction with some AR technology blended in.

As a guess--via the latest drone footage:

The entrance and exit seems to primarily be on the first floor (entrance around Studio Deli and the exit in-between the restrooms and Jurassic Cafe), with the mountain blocking the 10UCP facade. There should be an staircase around that mountain, and closer to Bowser's Castle.

As far as a potential expansion, they could have a form of a passageway on the second floor set that'd connect SNW to Soundstages 16-20, for while not a large expansion, something new.

Also, I like to add that we're not getting the Yoshi ride, but there are rumors Hollywood is getting a flat ride based off of Bullet Bill, which would use the ride system used in Minions freeze ray sliders at Universal Japan.

source?

I just can't believe how quickly this has gone from bare bones to fleshed out structures.

Soooooo damn happy that we are getting a mountain, even if smaller than USJ, It's the icon/weenie of the land. :exclap:

Seeing this area from above just makes it seem even more crazy they didn't at least remove/move the current LL restrooms to give more retail space for SNW.

Also, I like to add that we're not getting the Yoshi ride, but there are rumors Hollywood is getting a flat ride based off of Bullet Bill, which would use the ride system used in Minions freeze ray sliders at Universal Japan.

If that was going to happen I think we would have seen ground work for it - sliders is a big structure which is partially built into the ground. I'd love a second attraction, even a flat, but it's looking HIGHLY unlikely at this point.

No source, but I heard a rumor earlier around the net. Just take it as a grain of salt, but it's probably what we might be getting in the long run. Yoshi Ride is very unlikely, that's for sure.

As a guess--via the latest drone footage:

The entrance and exit seems to primarily be on the first floor (entrance around Studio Deli and the exit in-between the restrooms and Jurassic Cafe), with the mountain blocking the 10UCP facade. There should be an staircase around that mountain, and closer to Bowser's Castle.

As far as a potential expansion, they could have a form of a passageway on the second floor set that'd connect SNW to Soundstages 16-20, for while not a large expansion, something new.

True, but I don't think it's enough. The only true expansion would be Universal purchasing the Golf Course right across them. Off course, the owners have no interests in selling, so it might make some attractions really hard to be exciting and long as possible.