Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Then why are we discussing hyperbolic, unrealistic hypotheticals? (Besides the “cuz it’s a discussion board!” because that excuse doesn’t fly for everything)
I mean it’s been speculated on here by people in the know a possibility of Orlando-Hollywood opening together. May be unrealistic but it’s literally been discussed on here. We have a land complete in Japan that is not opened with no timetable to open, we have a world of uncertainty, it’s not crazy to think this moves back to 2022 it just isn’t and it’s not worthless speculation either imo as it’s USH’s biggest project right now.

• Haha
Reactions: alias8703
I mean it’s been speculated on here by people in the know a possibility of Orlando-Hollywood opening together. May be unrealistic but it’s literally been discussed on here. We have a land complete in Japan that is not opened with no timetable to open, we have a world of uncertainty, it’s not crazy to think this moves back to 2022 it just isn’t and it’s not worthless speculation either imo as it’s USH’s biggest project right now.

I mean, when Hollywood "paused" work on SNW, it was a short timeframe of when it was paused, and when it went back to work.

And now, a lot of the land is rising up quick. And if they follow the Hogsmeade approach, of prefabrication and installation, they may be looking at mid 2021 as part of their timeline.

Although another thought occurs--could Osaka be holding off on SNW opening until 2021? If Orlando gets started on SNW right now, they probably wouldn't have it ready until 2023 (assuming it moves to USF of-course), but with Osaka, they have a land that while complete--they can fully iron out all the kinks on every aspect. it could allow them to ready the land for the 2021 Olympics; and in a potential manner, lining it up in a way, to where the land launches in a similar timeframe as Hollywood's.

I must've missed that... and that's still crazy. Are you sure you're not confusing a USJ/USH dual opening? Anywho, I believe that Nintendo wants Japan to get the rub first before the other parks.

Let's say EU does get pushed out pretty far out or canceled, and UO decides to bring Nintendo to USF, we're talking a 2023-2024 timeframe of opening. Universal is not going to let USH's Nintendo sit there for 2-4 years for a synergetic opening.

It's already been clarified that USJ's Nintendo is holding to open to wait out the pandemic, and they are wanting to open the land before the Olympics next year (which start in July).

I mean, when Hollywood "paused" work on SNW, it was a short timeframe of when it was paused, and when it went back to work.

And now, a lot of the land is rising up quick. And if they follow the Hogsmeade approach, of prefabrication and installation, they may be looking at mid 2021 as part of their timeline.

Although another thought occurs--could Osaka be holding off on SNW opening until 2021? If Orlando gets started on SNW right now, they probably wouldn't have it ready until 2023 (assuming it moves to USF of-course), but with Osaka, they have a land that while complete--they can fully iron out all the kinks on every aspect. it could allow them to ready the land for the 2021 Olympics; and in a potential manner, lining it up in a way, to where the land launches in a similar timeframe as Hollywood's.
This to me makes more sense, but I know some insiders mentioned the whole dual coast announcement and rush SNW Orlando to catch up. Doesn’t seem to be the cast. Regardless, USH hasn’t even open yet so I could easily see it pushed back to 2022 because they may not have full capacity for 2021. Negative thinking I know but it’s certainly not unrealistic right now.

I must've missed that... and that's still crazy. Are you sure you're not confusing a USJ/USH dual opening? Anywho, I believe that Nintendo wants Japan to get the rub first before the other parks.

Let's say EU does get pushed out pretty far out or canceled, and UO decides to bring Nintendo to USF, we're talking a 2023-2024 timeframe of opening. Universal is not going to let USH's Nintendo sit there for 2-4 years for a synergetic opening.

It's already been clarified that USJ's Nintendo is holding to open to wait out the pandemic, and they are wanting to open the land before the Olympics next year (which start in July).
Ya some insiders have reported it, I agree it wouldn’t make much sense espeically with the progress we’re seeing. The only thing I could see is a dual announcement of like 2022 Hollywood opening for the summer and spring 2023 for Orlando. Close enough together that marketing together isn’t too crazy. If anytbing the idea of opening along with Japan does make more sense for a global campaign. Maybe the rumor mill is getting caught up in the US of it all when really Japan isn’t super close to opening.

As I said above though, I don’t think the land not opening until 2022 is a possibility as USH has not even opened back up yet

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513

I believe this one message is what they are referring to:
I poked around a bit for some info. Here are the rumors I was told. Remember these are rumors about on going discussions. They are not a plan yet.

EU, as we know it is dead. Pencil in the 3rd gate for a 2030 Grand Opening. Everything else cancelled except the 2 things below.

They finish up the Velocicoaster and a Diet JW placemaking around the land.

ALL available resources thrown at fast tracking SNW into KidZone so they can try and catch up to Hollywood so they can do a big national ad campaign for both coasts.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I might have added some fuel to this fire, too, by speculating about a Hollywood/Orlando co-opening. But 1) I’m not an insider and have literally zero insight into this stuff, and 2) I was being facetious in my thinking and mostly making a joke.

It’s just that there hasn’t been any indication that USH will open in the near or even not-so-near future, and the idea that USH won’t re-open until a hypothetical SNW is built and ready in Orlando felt “realistic” only in the sense that, again, there’s just no indication that USH is re-opening anytime soon. Just trying to say a “lol who even knows at this point” kinda thing.

If I have any “insider” info, it’s from a couple friends who work for LA County, and they’ve indicated on more than one occasion that Universal Studios is extremely, extremely, extremely low on the priority list, but that shouldn’t surprise anyone or require insider info to discern.

Reactions: Brian G.
I’m done speculating on here idk what you all want us to do. All I said is 2022 isn’t out of the question because nothing is out of the question

By the time Nintendo is done (next summer) there will almost certainly be a vaccine. They’ll open the land in that case. To think otherwise is folly
First off we dont know that....second is most people dont have it and its going to take months for everyone to get it it wont matter.

If by next summer we are back to "normal" then sure there is a chance they open it....but still not getting my hopes up with no evidence. Next fall is a safer bet considering how CA is handling this all.
I might have added some fuel to this fire, too, by speculating about a Hollywood/Orlando co-opening. But 1) I’m not an insider and have literally zero insight into this stuff, and 2) I was being facetious in my thinking and mostly making a joke.

It’s just that there hasn’t been any indication that USH will open in the near or even not-so-near future, and the idea that USH won’t re-open until a hypothetical SNW is built and ready in Orlando felt “realistic” only in the sense that, again, there’s just no indication that USH is re-opening anytime soon. Just trying to say a “lol who even knows at this point” kinda thing.

If I have any “insider” info, it’s from a couple friends who work for LA County, and they’ve indicated on more than one occasion that Universal Studios is extremely, extremely, extremely low on the priority list, but that shouldn’t surprise anyone or require insider info to discern.

Its funny how many keep rumoring the parks open next month...with no evidence. People are just dreaming and wanting things to be true at this point

First off we dont know that....second is most people dont have it and its going to take months for everyone to get it it wont matter.

If by next summer we are back to "normal" then sure there is a chance they open it....but still not getting my hopes up with no evidence. Next fall is a safer bet considering how CA is handling this all.
Summer, fall, whatever. It’s still be 2021

Reactions: Freak
I’m done speculating on here idk what you all want us to do. All I said is 2022 isn’t out of the question because nothing is out of the question

2022 certainly isn't. I've heard encouraging things about 2021 still being possible but obviously, things can change; but the whole "USH waiting until Orlando's version is ready" was what I was finding hard to consider.

I think a bit of the problem here is what is being considered speculation and actual rumor. People in the know do speculate without any insight with plans, and sometimes that can be interpreted as rumor reporting. Of course, another thing is insiders never bat 1.000%. I've been wrong. Alicia's been wrong. Dave's been wrong. Even ol' Hatetofly has been wrong.

Since SNW Hollywood is still in fast-construction and much is now still in progress, there hasn't been any announcement when it really gonna open (as expected given the circumstances). The situation off course largely depends on the current pandemic that is ravaging across America. If there's a vaccine widely available to the masses by early 2021, then my guess is that USH would open the area between fall/winters 2021 or early 2022 for a grand opening depending on the severity of the pandemic and how effective the vaccine would be.

2022 certainly isn't. I've heard encouraging things about 2021 still being possible but obviously, things can change; but the whole "USH waiting until Orlando's version is ready" was what I was finding hard to consider.

I think a bit of the problem here is what is being considered speculation and actual rumor. People in the know do speculate without any insight with plans, and sometimes that can be interpreted as rumor reporting. Of course, another thing is insiders never bat 1.000%. I've been wrong. Alicia's been wrong. Dave's been wrong. Even ol' Hatetofly has been wrong.
I certainly don’t believe I ever stated it as fact, and just added it in as a discussion point on the topic of when it will open. I really don’t understand the big deal, I’m speculating just as much as they are! I won’t bother discussing it

I certainly don’t believe I ever stated it as fact, and just added it in as a discussion point on the topic of when it will open. I really don’t understand the big deal, I’m speculating just as much as they are! I won’t bother discussing it

And throwing out a discussion point does not make it immune to disagreements.

And throwing out a discussion point does not make it immune to disagreements.
Of course, but you made it seem like you wanted the discussion all shutdown period so I honeslty didn’t get the response. Disagreements are one thing cause I sure as hell have zero info but that wasn’t the tone I got lol