Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 164 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think everyone needs to remember that Potter hosted softs for MONTHS.

I would be very, very surprised if Nintendo isn’t “unofficially” available from mid-November on, with a grand opening in January or early February.

Japan also did something similar for the same land too.

I think everyone needs to remember that Potter hosted softs for MONTHS.

I would be very, very surprised if Nintendo isn’t “unofficially” available from mid-November on, with a grand opening in January or early February.

Clive, what was the Potter situation again? I remember there was the official April opening but when did they start? I'm already looking at my calendar for a 2023 trip.

I could see it have previews as early as December of this year, as long as construction/materials delays cooperate, but y'all know I have been saying spring 23 for grand opening recently

Spring 23 has been my feeling lately.

Not getting this open in time with a movie won’t be the worst loss of synergy. This land will be popular for years to come, no matter when it opens.

Clive, what was the Potter situation again? I remember there was the official April opening but when did they start? I'm already looking at my calendar for a 2023 trip.
Well I'm not Clive, but I remember Potter starting softs in February. It opened fairly consistently until grand opening in April 7th. So softs for two months.

February 12, grand open April 7. It was open and operating just about every day during that window. My personal guess (supported by internal progress + entertainment prep) is that they want this open in January, which puts them doing softs for the Thanksgiving rush. To Alicia’s point, supply/contractor delays could throw a wrench in those plans.

Spring would be abundantly safe though, in my opinion.

Can confirm Potter opened mid February, I was there that day, and essentially everything was open. We probably made at least 5-7 visits to Hosmeade before it was "officially" open in April. So I'm with everyone else... while the "offical" date is 2023, I think softs could easily happen late 2022 (which means anyone who predicted 2022 or 2023 are validated either way)

Reactions: chris.g
Would also highly highly suggest renewing APs a.s.a.p... I'm not kidding.
So I'll ask again since it got buried by the first reactions, should Platinum and Gold Passes be in the clear? Cause I'm still on my gold flex pay, so I could just cancel that at the drop of a hat and then get a Platinum pass and stick with flex pay. I just wonder if they'd hinder the days for even gold carriers once 2023 rolls around. Even so, Universal Express usage after 3PM sounds really nice, and considering I was able to use it (A UE pass) the day Jurassic World opened for softs, it might come in handy for MK.

I forget if the blackout dates we saw earlier were for Cali neighbor passes or whatever else is the lowest tier.

bruh they took down the sign from feature presentation at the end of the day apparently?

Also since I think it was missed, here's what the sign originally looked like:

Reactions: HydraGen2299
You think its worth to get off the flex pay?
Yes, it's what I plan on doing.

So I'll ask again since it got buried by the first reactions, should Platinum and Gold Passes be in the clear? Cause I'm still on my gold flex pay, so I could just cancel that at the drop of a hat and then get a Platinum pass and stick with flex pay. I just wonder if they'd hinder the days for even gold carriers once 2023 rolls around. Even so, Universal Express usage after 3PM sounds really nice, and considering I was able to use it (A UE pass) the day Jurassic World opened for softs, it might come in handy for MK.

I dont think Platinum will be, but I *think* (THINK!) Gold may be?