Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rides can open whenever but are normally opened around summer time...which is busy. Why would December be a bad time, it could literally make it where USH is busy from January-the end of the next year....a first for that park since Potter opened

Reactions: salismetho
My bet is that SNW opening next year would be Spring. I know for the fact SNW isn't going to be open for the Holidays because it would be a bad idea anyways.
How is it a bad idea?

Anyways, construction has been picking up like crazy recently. A TON of detailing a painting work, parts of this land is already looking finalized and other parts are getting there. A lot of rock work, and the warp pipe is getting closed in

Rides can open whenever but are normally opened around summer time...which is busy. Why would December be a bad time, it could literally make it where USH is busy from January-the end of the next year....a first for that park since Potter opened

Was it because the most famous, renowned themed areas tend to be open around summer, Spring or Fall? Can't recall any famous IP-themed areas for the past 12 years at both Universal or Disney parks to open around in the Holidays. It's sort of a pattern and it makes sense for these seasons because people in the holidays tend to worry about either the Cold or their relatives.

Was it because the most famous, renowned themed areas tend to be open around summer, Spring or Fall? Can't recall any famous IP-themed areas for the past 12 years at both Universal or Disney parks to open around in the Holidays. It's sort of a pattern and it makes sense for these seasons because people in the holidays tend to worry about either the Cold or their relatives.
If the ride is done this winter but they dont open it because its "cold" then I hope the parks lose money from it because in Southern CA we don't normally have weather that is too cold to stop you from riding rides or going to theme parks....I'd say many summer days are much worst because its hot as heck and you can't really cool down much

If the ride is done this winter but they dont open it because its "cold" then I hope the parks lose money from it because in Southern CA we don't normally have weather that is too cold to stop you from riding rides or going to theme parks....I'd say many summer days are much worst because its hot as heck and you can't really cool down much

I’m not talking about rides themselves but rather the entire themed areas themselves. If you’re talking about the rides only, then that’s a different issue altogether.

I’m not talking about rides themselves but rather the entire themed areas themselves. If you’re talking about the rides only, then that’s a different issue altogether.
I mean once again in Southern CA, the winter's here are beautiful we get maybe ten days of from fall-spring, and while it gets "cold" here its not snowing. You can put on a jacket and be fine

If this land is done by Christmas but they hold it just cause.....then I would like new management.

I mean once again in Southern CA, the winter's here are beautiful we get maybe ten days of from fall-spring, and while it gets "cold" here its not snowing. You can put on a jacket and be fine

If this land is done by Christmas but they hold it just cause.....then I would like new management.

Maybe a limited opening of SNW or MK ride itself in December would be possible, but the fact USH isn't officially and fully opening the land until next year speaks for itself. People in general have nothing to do after the holidays, and most would go on vacation in Spring, Summer, or Fall, and that's where Universal is aiming at.

More theming is becoming visible, an update from Universal Parks News today:

Good! I saw it today too and I'm finally happy to see them visible. My bet is the rock portions of some sides of the castle would be finished by next month.

Reactions: joerodriguez
Maybe a limited opening of SNW or MK ride itself in December would be possible, but the fact USH isn't officially and fully opening the land until next year speaks for itself. People in general have nothing to do after the holidays, and most would go on vacation in Spring, Summer, or Fall, and that's where Universal is aiming at.

I think you're kind of missing the point of what people are saying. No one's suggesting that it grand open in December. USH is obviously going to "officially" open it when vacationers are gonna be swarming, yes, but the idea is to soft open the land in advance, like in the said quiet, post-holiday/December period people have mentioned, so that operational kinks can be worked out, staff can get used to working with guests in an "open" land, and so forth without being slammed and overwhelmed like they would be if it all just opened for the very first time on grand opening day so that everything can be ready for grand opening day and the crowds it brings.

Last edited: