Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think you're kind of missing the point of what people are saying. No one's suggesting that it grand open in December. USH is obviously going to "officially" open it when vacationers are gonna be swarming, yes, but the idea is to soft open the land in advance, like in the said quiet, post-holiday/December period people have mentioned, so that operational kinks can be worked out, staff can get used to working with guests in an "open" land, and so forth without being slammed and overwhelmed like they would be if it all just opened for the very first time on grand opening day so that everything can be ready for grand opening day and the crowds it brings.

I wasn’t really talking about the soft opening but about the full opening of the themed area like Avengers Campus and Pandora which opened during summer (where people mostly go and spend their vacations). I would have obviously said something differently if I were to talk about soft opening.

I think had they of specified the window of which SNW will open, things might be a bit more clear and digestable. However, they have only mentioned 2023 and..well, not much too it.

While it isn't seen, it has been the case before in SoCal where themed amusement attractions and experiences opened during the Winter season. Not just Rise, but also coasters such as West Coast Racers, Silver Bullet, and more. Also is helpful to point out as @Clive mentioned, people are riding Mario Kart.

I think it's honestly just a matter of completing the land itself, moving staff TM's allocated for the starting wave, and beginning to prepare for an opening around Early 2023. I will be surprised if the land isn't open around the Holiday period for soft openings, and I can easily see February (unless they want it to fall on Mar10 Day for 2023).

More theming is becoming visible, an update from Universal Parks News today:
I'm surprised with how construction is picking up now. I'm excited to see more and more of the land come together.

Reactions: joerodriguez
For what it's worth, I've heard that they are hoping to have this land done (and maybe open) way before 2023

SNW Hollywood staggered for a while due to the unexpected COVID pandemic, but now they're trying to pick up the pace. Given the progress of the construction of rocks in certain SNW castle areas, the land will likely be done before September, with some jinx needed to be tweaked out. I'm really excited and I've waited eight years for this to happen especially for those who couldn't afford a trip to Japan.

Reactions: BriefCasey
SNW Hollywood staggered for a while due to the unexpected COVID pandemic, but now they're trying to pick up the pace. Given the progress of the construction of rocks in certain SNW castle areas, the land will likely be done before September, with some jinx needed to be tweaked out. I'm really excited and I've waited eight years for this to happen especially for those who couldn't afford a trip to Japan.
Even then, I'm not sure if a trip to Japan is even possible because of the pandemic. I heard that you need a travel visa, which they stopped giving out because of the Pandemic and the only visitors that can go are those that have family, school, or work in Japan. Not sure if that's changed since then but I think it's worth pointing out.

Even then, I'm not sure if a trip to Japan is even possible because of the pandemic. I heard that you need a travel visa, which they stopped giving out because of the Pandemic and the only visitors that can go are those that have family, school, or work in Japan. Not sure if that's changed since then but I think it's worth pointing out.

Japan is slowly trying to reopen its borders one by one, starting with foreign students first to around 10,000 arrivals a day starting next month. They definitely don't want to stay closed forever though because people are already strongly criticizing their measures and how long they went, even if reasonable. It's just a matter of when they open to regular tourism in the future and it might be either fall 2022 or next year.

Tourism has been completely closed for 2 years. There's been various periods of "1 step forward, 2 steps back" for re-opening even for people who have a reason to be there like foreign residents and students.

Some cautious optimism in the past month as re-opening seems to be slowly progressing. But we'll see. Japanese government is very irrational and panic-sensitive when it comes to COVID. When Omicron happened, all re-opening policies were immediately reversed and it took months for things to pick up again.

going back to SNW itself, work is moving quick
1647916777767.png

Mt. Beanpole, which is covered in rockwork, has been tarped up, Perhaps painting going on underneath? Notice all that paint and detailing by the pyramids, that's what the tarps were covering last week. Hard to see here but there's also some painted areas under the pyramids as well.
The warp-pipe has also been taking a lot more shape and is getting closed in. Overall seems we are back in business!

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 7.43.12 PM.png

Source: https://www.youtube.com/c/PaulMayorga

going back to SNW itself, work is moving quick
View attachment 16089

Mt. Beanpole, which is covered in rockwork, has been tarped up, Perhaps painting going on underneath? Notice all that paint and detailing by the pyramids, that's what the tarps were covering last week. Hard to see here but there's also some painted areas under the pyramids as well.
The warp-pipe has also been taking a lot more shape and is getting closed in. Overall seems we are back in business!

View attachment 16090

Source: https://www.youtube.com/c/PaulMayorga

The whole land will be probably finished before September (or maybe even before or mid-August) due to the pace of construction. The facade on the last maze looks so very promising!

I'm confused....people here think this land could be done before the fall but they dated it for next year?

they dated the grand opening for next year. softs and previews can (and likely will) start much earlier
I know we get soft opening for a few weeks before the ride opens normally but feels weird this could be ready within 6 months yet wont be advertised as open for over a year.

Can someone tell me why, as a business you would do this is something is ready to go wouldn't it make more to just open it then?

I know we get soft opening for a few weeks before the ride opens normally but feels weird this could be ready within 6 months yet wont be advertised as open for over a year.

Can someone tell me why, as a business you would do this is something is ready to go wouldn't it make more to just open it then?

Your busiest time of year is the holidays. That's precisely the time not to open it. You are going to be crowded no matter what. You don't need the extra draw. If it were going to be ready to open in September, sure, open it then. But it's apparently not going to be ready then. Personally, I'd soft in January to draw more people on days you'd be less crowded and open in February, but, since it is Mario, March 10th makes sense.

Reactions: Paulio
Your busiest time of year is the holidays. That's precisely the time not to open it. You are going to be crowded no matter what. You don't need the extra draw. If it were going to be ready to open in September, sure, open it then. But it's apparently not going to be ready then. Personally, I'd soft in January to draw more people on days you'd be less crowded and open in February, but, since it is Mario, March 10th makes sense.
Alternatively, it would mean that merchandise sales would be insane and they could add decent capacity to the park. There's also some precedent, with attractions like Dreamworks Theatre opening during summer break

Reactions: Clive