Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Your busiest time of year is the holidays. That's precisely the time not to open it. You are going to be crowded no matter what. You don't need the extra draw. If it were going to be ready to open in September, sure, open it then. But it's apparently not going to be ready then. Personally, I'd soft in January to draw more people on days you'd be less crowded and open in February, but, since it is Mario, March 10th makes sense.
Actually, if you just soft-opened it in the middle of the day and the park is extremely crowded, it might be ideal to soft open it to spread the crowds out. I think a November-December soft is totally feasible. I still think a January opening is most likely going off the January block out dates. Why wait a whole two months after the land will have been soft opened for two months already just for the sake of opening on Mar 10? The land is ready, the kinks will have (In theory at least), been worked out. Just open it. Makes no sense to keep you from making more money from the GP.

Completion around September/early October, soft openings/TM previews around November, and then grand opening around January. That's my prediction and I'm sticking with that.

Remember, the ride inside is done! Some higher-level staff have been riding it! They just gotta work on the outside and then work on the insides of the stores.

Last edited:
Your busiest time of year is the holidays. That's precisely the time not to open it. You are going to be crowded no matter what. You don't need the extra draw. If it were going to be ready to open in September, sure, open it then. But it's apparently not going to be ready then. Personally, I'd soft in January to draw more people on days you'd be less crowded and open in February, but, since it is Mario, March 10th makes sense.
I get if its not open why but if it is ready this year...open it

Spring and Summer are very busy times as well and theme parks never seem to have an issue adding new rides then. Unlike say movies when timing can be everything, not so much on this. You could open this tomorrow and the crowds would be there for 12-16 months.

Also is the ride is 100% done now....I will sign my rights away. Blind fold me and lead me through the Q and let me ride it, lol

I have a random question... is that pipe entrance literally the only entrance/exit to the land? Even Hogsmeade has a second access point, but I haven't heard of any other access points for this land. Seems kinda crazy that every person will have to both enter and exit that one relatively small tunnel, especially when you consider how many people will want to take pictures in front of it. Seems it'd be pretty congested all the time.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I have a random question... is that pipe entrance literally the only entrance/exit to the land? Even Hogsmeade has a second access point, but I haven't heard of any other access points for this land. Seems kinda crazy that every person will have to both enter and exit that one relatively small tunnel, especially when you consider how many people will want to take pictures in front of it. Seems it'd be pretty congested all the time.
Officially Simpsons land has two ways to enter and leave...but 9/10 people dont use the HP exit....so yes I bet we only have one way in and one way out.

USH for the past 5 years has been bad with controlling crowds and I have not seem them do a thing to make them better, back before Simpson/HP lands they had wayyyyy more paths to get around

SNW Japan has an exit in another route instead of back through the Princess Peach castle entrance where you come from. Maybe we might have something like that in Hollywood and we just don't physically see it.

The park is brought to its knees during the holidays. They will take all the capacity they can get and sell a lot of merch in the process.

You guys are forgetting they do not advertise the soft openings. Most major media publications do not really talk about them, either. They could open this thing by November and be just fine.

The park is brought to its knees during the holidays. They will take all the capacity they can get and sell a lot of merch in the process.

You guys are forgetting they do not advertise the soft openings. Most major media publications do not really talk about them, either. They could open this thing by November and be just fine.

Extra capacity doesn't make them more money unless that allows them to sell more tickets. Doesn't that park hit capacity during the Holidays? The merch side is a legit consideration.

I know parks open things during busy seasons. And some of that is for optics. 10 hour lines gets attention. But from a sheer demand slant, you get a bigger boost from increasing demand during slow times, than during busy times.

Doing softs during the Holidays to add capacity and get the extra merch sales, then grand opening in January/February to get an attendance boost could be the best of both worlds.

Extra capacity doesn't make them more money unless that allows them to sell more tickets. Doesn't that park hit capacity during the Holidays? The merch side is a legit consideration.

I know parks open things during busy seasons. And some of that is for optics. 10 hour lines gets attention. But from a sheer demand slant, you get a bigger boost from increasing demand during slow times, than during busy times.

Doing softs during the Holidays to add capacity and get the extra merch sales, then grand opening in January/February to get an attendance boost could be the best of both worlds.

In this scenario, they're not trying to sell extra tickets (though some profit-minded exec might try to). Not sure they even can if Nintendo World isn't "official" capacity and can technically close at any time. They're just trying to give people more places to move and drive guest happiness. Happier guests stay longer, spend more, tell friends, and return.

This just looks so ugly:ack:. Land could’ve been bigger if they just demoed panda and studio cafe then just rebuild them underneath the second story of the land.
I mean it goes without saying that this isn't finished. I'm waiting for now.

I really hope they get rid of the lines in the green hills though.

Reactions: Clive
i can't tell if this is serious or a joke, but currently the hills have very obvious lines splitting each segment from when they were theming. This is not present in Japan's, where the hills are smooth. Don't think it's intentional unless I'm missing something
View attachment 16097

The land is still under construction after all and we're a year away from the grand opening, so when all of this is said and done, USH will cover up the lines displayed here.

i can't tell if this is serious or a joke, but currently the hills have very obvious lines splitting each segment from when they were theming. This is not present in Japan's, where the hills are smooth. Don't think it's intentional unless I'm missing something
View attachment 16097
I also hate how you’re able to see the unthemed MK show building directly next to the land’s entrance.

This just looks so ugly:ack:. Land could’ve been bigger if they just demoed panda and studio cafe then just rebuild them underneath the second story of the land.

Though it’s not what you were making, this does make for an interesting point. Now Panda and the Cafe are truly land-locked—sandwiched between JW, SNW, and Transformers, which kind of limits what Universal could do with that little area were they to decide to get rid of Panda and the cafe.

I’m not sure how big of a space that is comparatively, so maybe someone could drop an answer, but in theory, is it big enough to fit something the size of, say, SLOP there? Considering I never eat at that Panda and very, very rarely step foot in the cafe, I wouldn’t hate if it was turned into a small little expansion there for SNW (with the entrance obviously inside the land) or something else based on whatever happens to the Mummy.

(My pipe dream would be if Mummy became the indoor Velocicoaster a lot of us have discussed elsewhere that the Panda area could be a secondary building connected to the main show building by enclosed tunnel archways over the walking path for the coaster to travel between, with that whole area converted into a JW theme for unity, but that’s neither here nor there, and I’d be a-okay with something else happening there.)

Though it’s not what you were making, this does make for an interesting point. Now Panda and the Cafe are truly land-locked—sandwiched between JW, SNW, and Transformers, which kind of limits what Universal could do with that little area were they to decide to get rid of Panda and the cafe.

I’m not sure how big of a space that is comparatively, so maybe someone could drop an answer, but in theory, is it big enough to fit something the size of, say, SLOP there? Considering I never eat at that Panda and very, very rarely step foot in the cafe, I wouldn’t hate if it was turned into a small little expansion there for SNW (with the entrance obviously inside the land) or something else based on whatever happens to the Mummy.

(My pipe dream would be if Mummy became the indoor Velocicoaster a lot of us have discussed elsewhere that the Panda area could be a secondary building connected to the main show building by enclosed tunnel archways over the walking path for the coaster to travel between, with that whole area converted into a JW theme for unity, but that’s neither here nor there, and I’d be a-okay with something else happening there.)
Whatever is destined to replace Panda and the Cafe will likely be JW-related and be a two story eatery. I don’t see anything else going in there unfortunately. They’re going to need more dining space down there.

For Mummy, there’s plenty of room for a decent size coaster that’s either indoors or heavily patted for sound. Using that restaurant space won’t be necessary for the ride

wouldn't surprise me if this becomes a second exit

View attachment 16092

While this may make the most sense for an alternate exit, I don't think it'll be here as those are concrete walls dividing the lands and the pathways are too narrow for an exit. See the images below and where I think the alternate exit could be. It's currently being used to truck materials in/out of the land. It could be connected to the Dino Play/JW queue.

Credit: Santa Clarita Drone on Youtube

SNW 1.jpg
SNW 2.jpg

Reactions: salismetho
So could be wrong but Universal has many days they hit 100% capacity \, this land opening should allow a few thousand more guests in AND Merch. Potterland while getting people in lines is the first goal the second is to sell merch and Nintendo will be the same. Kids/families will buy the Bands and so will AP's if they have the games/raids like in Japan. The restaurant will have 30+ min lines all day and then T shirts, toys and what not.

This is why I've been so confused on why Universal isn't getting this land done yesterday even if it costs this land prints money and will make I think close to Potter numbers in terms of merch, Nintendo is hugeeeeeeand I'd think they want to get Mario Kart and DK out of the way for the big boy....Pokemon but hey if they want to wait 5 years to add Pokemon the biggest selling single IP ever then fine, enjoy less profits.