Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 174 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope there's gonna be a ride besides a Mario-themed ride (yes, Donkey Kong is part of the same universe so it counts as a Mario series, even if it doesn't feature Mario). If there's no non-Mario franchises in this themed land, then the land should instead be called Super Mario World (not to be confused with the SNES game with the same name).

I hope there's gonna be a ride besides a Mario-themed ride (yes, Donkey Kong is part of the same universe so it counts as a Mario series, even if it doesn't feature Mario). If there's no non-Mario franchises in this themed land, then the land should instead be called Super Mario World (not to be confused with the SNES game with the same name).
No? Mario is still a Nintendo property lol. Who cares what the land is called?

The focus for SNW is Mario and his friends, and that's where people would recognize them the most, thus driving high attendance in the area. Generally, no one's going to know Star Fox or Zelda as much as Mario and his pals, who helped put Nintendo on the global market in the first place. Maybe having a non-Mario universe-themed ride is possible, but at the current moment, there's no need for it.

Haven’t caught up, but has anyone suggested interactive Power Up Band activities inside Mt Beanpole. That bottom level gonna have a lot of empty room if not being used for Yoshi queue.

And since most of the upper level is just actually queue for Mario Kart, that does mean interactive areas would need to go somewhere else, if they were to have interactive areas that is.

And no, I don’t believe this land has the Yoshi ride. If it did, we would’ve seen them build the Yoshi ride.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
If they don’t have the raid and games then to me they are leaving money on the table
Would be like if the waves couldn’t do anything in Harry Potter land

I fully expect Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda, and Pokemon to be the only franchises potentially implemented from Nintendo into the parks in any manner above merch.

I fully expect Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda, and Pokemon to be the only franchises potentially implemented from Nintendo into the parks in any manner above merch.
I could see Spatoon as well, that game is getting bigger. Its very family friendly and the paint seems like something that would be very fun and different from other attractions

But I agree, and heck I feel like its going to be ten years before either Zelda or Pokemon Show up in the states....i hope im wrong but feel like we are years off from the exciting stuff

As for Kirby?
I bet it will get something in Japan.... maybe a cafe/small ride or even just a little themed area but I bet it gets something one day in Japan...no clue about the states because we just have other IPs people like more over here or would just make more sense

Reactions: BriefCasey
Unfortunately, Kirby, Splatoon, Animal Crossing, Metroid are just not that well known to non-Nintendo fans or nongamers. You might see a Kirby cupcake or Splatoon merch somewhere, but anything farther up than a Meet n Greet is pushing it.

And anything less popular than those (Punch Out, F-Zero, Star Fox, Fire Emblem) are lucky to get represented at all. Pikmin got in based on Miyamoto nepotism alone, as much as I love that franchise.

Unfortunately, Kirby, Splatoon, Animal Crossing, Metroid are just not that well known to non-Nintendo fans or nongamers. You might see a Kirby cupcake or Splatoon merch somewhere, but anything farther up than a Meet n Greet is pushing it.

And anything less popular than those (Punch Out, F-Zero, Star Fox, Fire Emblem) are lucky to get represented at all. Pikmin got in based on Miyamoto nepotism alone, as much as I love that franchise.
I think we could totally see Punch Out in the form of a meet and greet. They could have us line up to meet Mike Tyson and he could punch us. They could go the extra mile and have it themed to the inside of the plane where he punched that guy.

• Haha
Reactions: Horror Lover
I'll gladly take a meet and greet and themed snacks at the very least. It seems better than nothing considering the bigger IPs that would have priority, though I'd argue that Kirby might be right behind Zelda in some way, at least in Japan anyway, cause there is the Kirby Cafe in Japan for one thing.
I bet it will get something in Japan.... maybe a cafe/small ride or even just a little themed area but I bet it gets something one day in Japan...no clue about the states because we just have other IPs people like more over here or would just make more sense
I don't know how it'd work within Citywalk or anything, so call it a pipe dream, but a Kirby cafe being built somewhere in LA or Hollywood would be nice.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'll gladly take a meet and greet and themed snacks at the very least. It seems better than nothing considering the bigger IPs that would have priority, though I'd argue that Kirby might be right behind Zelda in some way, at least in Japan anyway, cause there is the Kirby Cafe in Japan for one thing.

I don't know how it'd work within Citywalk or anything, so call it a pipe dream, but a Kirby cafe being built somewhere in LA or Hollywood would be nice.
I hope Nintendo and universal want this as well

I’d love a Kirby cafe at city walk or an animal crossing one where it’s set up like a little town and all the houses are your table

I agree with the rest, but Animal Crossing is really popular. It's the second best selling game on Switch. It just doesn't have a ton of ride/land material.

I agree with the rest, but Animal Crossing is really popular. It's the second best selling game on Switch. It just doesn't have a ton of ride/land material.
Well, I think you could probably get a boat ride out of Animal Crossing, but I just don't see how it would be terribly interesting. Even adding something as small as adding a drop to make the ride more interesting would seem out-of-place for something so tranquil and peaceful as AC.

I could see making an event themed to that game as what was proposed several pages ago. You could easily have meet-and-greets, pop-up shops, a KK Slider concert, and some fun little decor around the plaza for the event.

Reactions: BriefCasey
Haven’t caught up, but has anyone suggested interactive Power Up Band activities inside Mt Beanpole. That bottom level gonna have a lot of empty room if not being used for Yoshi queue.

And since most of the upper level is just actually queue for Mario Kart, that does mean interactive areas would need to go somewhere else, if they were to have interactive areas that is.

And no, I don’t believe this land has the Yoshi ride. If it did, we would’ve seen them build the Yoshi ride.
It looks like both levels of Mt. Beanpole will be empty (since there's no upper level Yoshi station either), so I'm wondering if we'll see more indoor areas that aren't the Underground or Bowser Jr. All of the minigames could hypothetically be moved inside, or they can add more due to the lack of Yoshi (maybe a Yoshi minigame?). I don't see a ton of room for minigames throughout the rest of the land.

Reactions: chris.g
New Horizons has bumped up Animal Crossing cred a bit from where it was before, but I still place it firmly in the category with Kirby and the rest. Animal Crossing was never a huge seller before NH. Wild World and New Leaf did pretty good but were decently far down best seller lists. I believe the same would've happened to New Horizons. But when an impossibly widespread and frightening pandemic forces everyone on Earth to stay inside with mountains of free time on the launch day of your fun carefree lifesim game, it'll throw the numbers off a bit.

I 100% expect the Animal Crossing series to go down from here, not up. We're already seeing declines. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, an eight year old game and Switch launch title, has retained the top spot that was all but guaranteed for AC:NH. It was a bit of a fad, and people have begun to lose interest again. I do love Animal Crossing but it kinda lost it's chance at being one of the big dogs by not investing in keeping the IP relevant past 2020.

I've ranked them before but here's my tiers of likelihood for Theme Parks.

S-Tier: Super Mario, Pokemon,
A-Tier: Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda
B-Tier: Kirby, Animal Crossing,
D-Tier: Super Smash Bros, Splatoon, Star-Fox, Metroid
F-Tier: Literally everything else

Luigi's Mansion would be with Kirby and AC if it weren't for it's compatibility with Super Mario. DKC should honestly probably be F-Tier, but it has Nintendo's second biggest character as its star, is compatible with Super Mario, and in order to make use of Donkey Kong's best ride concept, Minecart Madness, you need to use the DKC franchise.

But we should probably continue this discussion in the Nintendo in Universal Parks thread if we wanna keep talking about the future. Don't wanna clog up the construction thread.