Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Today, Nintendo held a Direct presentation centered around Universal Studios Japan’s upcoming Super Nintendo World, giving us an up-close look at some of the elements that will be featured in the highly-anticipated new land.

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. I’m not a huge Nintendo fan by any stretch, even though I’m looking forward to SNW here in Hollywood because more stuff is always great, but that tour video got me incredibly hyped! Even without a single drop of footage from within the rides, this thing is going to be one hell of an experience just to walk around in.

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. I’m not a huge Nintendo fan by any stretch, even though I’m looking forward to SNW here in Hollywood because more stuff is always great, but that tour video got me incredibly hyped! Even without a single drop of footage from within the rides, this thing is going to be one hell of an experience just to walk around in.

For real. I was a Playstation user my entire childhood and even then I had my jaw slacked the whole time.

That walkthrough with the Bob-ombs flashing red? Genius. The Shy Guys whose hoods are flopping? Amazing.

It’s definitely worth your time to download the app. Playing around with the map alone and reading some of the backstory is incredibly fun!

Looking at the app, it seems like there's a linear path you can take between the various key challenges, which should help if they need to create lines for these experiences.

I was very surprised about all the stuff they showed yesterday.
The warp pipe looks cool and the inside of Peaches castle is stunning. I loved the gazebo outside the castle and the backdrop.
The game where you have to time the blast of a block to send the shell up looked fun. I understand why people are concerned that congestion could be a problem for people who want to play but we thought the same thing about the wand at Potter but it just works out fine. I expect we have seen just the tip of the iceberg. The cost also will be another hurdle. It's cool he said the "bracelet" can be used with your Switch, giving Switch owners an extra insentive.
The restaurant was my highlight. The chairs and tables looked so cute and the themed food looked amazing. And what about the popcorn, peach and mushroom flavor, I don't know about the mushroom but the peach sounds great.
Having the factory store with unique Nintendo merchandise will give Universal another Potter like revenue stream as I expect the fans to go wild.
Seeing the land from the inside is still unreal. It looks so perfect and out of this world. I can't wait to see this land at night with all the things that light up while people are playing.
(Reminder: I'm not a Nintendo fan.)

A Jimmy fallon esque MarioKart Princess peach course under her Castle would really Solidify this land.

Doesn't look like we'll be able to meet Bowser, but oh well. At least his merch is available. XP
To be fair we’re gonna go thru his castle. I know the concept art that was released is a total Mis-match of things but it’s been rumored that characters will ride along side you and Bowser does that in the concept art, then we have the giant volcanic like Bowser in the concept art too so not trying to get my hopes up but between his castle and those possible AAs, we’ll get plenty of him haha.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
And what about the popcorn, peach and mushroom flavor, I don't know about the mushroom but the peach sounds great.

The popcorn is interesting. I wonder if we’ll get different flavors, but I expect them to not be as diverse as Japans options. Flavored popcorn (almost any flavor you can think of) is incredibly popular in Japan. Look at the flavors they sell at Tokyo Disney Resort to see what I mean.

That being said, I frickin love those star buckets!

Looks like there will be another play area under Peaches Castle. Pause at 9:55 in the latest video. Could also be restrooms.
@Alicia mentioned a theatre possibly, if it’s restrooms that’s disappointing hahaha, but I also don’t see where the other restrooms are.

If it’s a theatre of ant kind I’d imagine a Dreamworks theatre type theatre, I don’t feel a stage show could fit in that space.

Reactions: shiekra38
@Alicia mentioned a theatre possibly, if it’s restrooms that’s disappointing hahaha, but I also don’t see where the other restrooms are.

If it’s a theatre of ant kind I’d imagine a Dreamworks theatre type theatre, I don’t feel a stage show could fit in that space.
DreamWorks theatre would fit quite well in that space. I remember the area beneath Peaches Castle seemed oddly large in aerial imagery.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee