Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If we are throwing items at characters instead of other guests, I wonder how that will be done.. The characters would need to react in real time.. The real question is whether these characters are physical animatronics or on screen.. would we even be able to throw items at physical animatronics? hahaha

If we are throwing items at characters instead of other guests, I wonder how that will be done.. The characters would need to react in real time.. The real question is whether these characters are physical animatronics or on screen.. would we even be able to throw items at physical animatronics? hahaha
I feel all of Team Mario will be animatronics while select Koopalings, some enemies like Chain Chomp and of course Bowser will be animatronics. The rest of the Koopalings and some other enemies will probably be hyper realistic projections.

I have no idea how the Team Bowser animatronics would react to getting hit. Maybe we won't be able to hit them and the they'll command the enemies to sabatoge?

I predict that in each scene, the Koopalings will try to sabotage us by bashing into us or something to that extent. Then, they'll command the enemies to attack then a Team Mario member will come to our "rescue".

Edit: Oh wait...I'm actually curious if the AR tech is just for the shells or the enemies appear within them as well.

I wonder if you can ride this without the AR.

Even if a part of me is significantly annoyed Orlando is the last to get MK, I remember we're also the only one to have MIB. So, if MIB is heading towards the chopping block any time soon, all I ask is that MIB stay until at least MK opens. :)

Maybe there is some type of programming cued up to an accurate or inaccurate “throw” during a scene, I’m sure they designed the AAs not at total random, they probably have like 2 or 3 different motions to deal with whatever comes at them in the scene since each outcome can be different. Could be getting hopes up but this sounds sorta realistic

Reactions: Pacific and Mike S
Maybe there is some type of programming cued up to an accurate or inaccurate “throw” during a scene, I’m sure they designed the AAs not at total random, they probably have like 2 or 3 different motions to deal with whatever comes at them in the scene since each outcome can be different. Could be getting hopes up but this sounds sorta realistic
Seems like the next generation of shooting the back of the car in MIB and making it spin

Kind of a throwback queue, to a certain extent. Several large (but themed) rooms with LOTS of switchbacks.
That sounds very disappointing. I had expected Universal would go for a more interactive queue system like Fallon or Secret Life of Pets. Let's hope this gets a make-over when it lands in Orlando.

That sounds very disappointing. I had expected Universal would go for a more interactive queue system like Fallon or Secret Life of Pets. Let's hope this gets a make-over when it lands in Orlando.
Might be too difficult (or space consuming) to do such a large queue with interactive elements.

Side-note: Man, this site is almost unusable on mobile. Ads will block the text box and the bottom tabs almost constantly, and closing them only opens another ad seconds later. It's extremely frustrating.

I don't think that type of queue system would be viable for MK, which is the major headliner for the land. From the sounds of it, MK has the giant queue so it can keep it out of the land and avoid congestion from it. Fallon's setup can only hold so many at a time, anything above that and it's waiting outside in the virtual queue...and waiting outside is something they don't want in SNW.

For MK being the massive E-ticket of the land I expected a massive amount of switchbacks and waiting rooms if I'm being honest

Here are some quotes from 2019 regarding virtual vs standby for Mario Kart (and well before the pandemic was on our radar):

Mario Kart won’t have a virtual queue. It’ll have one of the largest queue spaces of any Universal ride. The whole second level is queue. The first level is the ride.
SNW, the land itself, is so tiny, it'll be a good thing to have enough space for many thousands of guests in the Mario Kart queue... otherwise there's no room whatsover for them, and no room for overflow into the land the way it is set up

The MK building itself is essentially the size of SNW’s land (if not longer, at least?) so it makes sense. Every single person who goes into SNW will do that ride, need all the possible space available. Especially if this thing becomes one of the best rides out there

Reactions: badlactose
I think they could've kept the massive queue but still made it... fun? I've heard rumors that this show building can hold 4-5 hours worth of queue..

They could've easily added interactive elements in the big switchback rooms... Keep it a people eater but still make it entertaining to wait in.. A lot of the stone castle walls are literally bare with nothing on them..

Call me crazy but if you're not going to have an interactive queue, I would rather you just cover the entire warehouse rooms with screens/MK TV monitors showing highlights... at least I have something to watch/pump me up while surviving through those dreadful switchbacks.

Reactions: tielo
I’m sorry but people would still get bored of the limited games they’d have available. Yes it’d make the first wait in the queue maybe more fun but I really don’t think it’s a big issue. All the interactivity budget for this Id assume went into the Augmented Reality, idk, I think they did a good job with Bowser’s Castle honestly cause I’m not sure what else they could have theoretically done.

I think they could've kept the massive queue but still made it... fun? I've heard rumors that this show building can hold 4-5 hours worth of queue..

They could've easily added interactive elements in the big switchback rooms... Keep it a people eater but still make it entertaining to wait in.. A lot of the stone castle walls are literally bare with nothing on them..

Call me crazy but if you're not going to have an interactive queue, I would rather you just cover the entire warehouse rooms with screens/MK TV monitors showing highlights... at least I have something to watch/pump me up while surviving through those dreadful switchbacks.
If this is similar to other Universal attractions then you wont be standing around for too long in the same spot

Also if this is a Universal attraction, if you are waiting in switchbacks it means it's an extremely busy day anyway lol

Reactions: Pacific
I also wouldn’t be surprised to see something akin to the Galaxy’s Edge queue games available through the virtual Nintendo/Universal app.