Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought this was funny. I’m not gonna knock the guy at all, but it’s like here we all have been waiting to hear the smallest scrap of anything about the ride itself and of course the first description of the experience had to come from someone who knows absolutely nothing about the IP and therefore glossed over all the details we really wanna know about, like the presence of animatronics or how the various tracks are interpreted.

That said, man... The description was still exciting for what it did offer, and I’m looking forward to the moment when someone more knowledgeable drops the info bob-omb on us.
Pure non-filtered irony

Although, it seemed like they were impressed by the elements presented

I do have to wonder who the hell doesn't at least know a little about Mario's world

I do have to wonder who the hell doesn't at least know a little about Mario's world
Lots of people play games, but often people have just the one game they play versus people who explore various genres. You have people with expensive gaming rigs who only play Fortnite or the new Call of Duty each year. Some people buy a PS5 just to play 2K. My dad doesn't play games, but he swears by this one 2D mobile dirt bike game he'a been playing since the early 2010s. My guess is this guy isn't a gamer, but he got into Half-Life once or he consistently plays Minecraft. However, he hasn't delved into the larger world of gaming and is thus oblivious about certain major franchises.

Again, let's take it as a good sign that someone not familiar with the source material, (or apparently theme parks in general for that matter,) liked this attraction.

Heck, my initial reviews for Rise of the Resistance or Forbidden Journey after riding the first time was that it was overwhelming, but in a good way! I can't wait to see what more people have to say about the ride.

Last edited:
Lots of people play games, but often people have just the one game they play versus people who explore various genres. You have people with expensive gaming rigs who only play Fortnite or the new Call of Duty each year. Some people buy a PS5 just to play 2K. My dad doesn't play games, but he swears by this one 2D mobile dirt bike game he'a been playing since the early 2010s. My guess is this guy isn't a gamer, but he got into Half-Life once or he consistently plays Minecraft. However, he hasn't delved into the larger world of gaming and is thus oblivious about certain major franchises.

Yeah, there's a few games that I have a very deep attachment to, but with the exception of classic World of Warcraft none of them are household names. Basically, I do not have much connection to Mario outside of the original Donkey Kong. Most of my knowledge about the franchise comes from...well, this forum. And despite not being into Mario, I am completely PSYCHED for this area.

What are the chances it actually opens on February 4 and doesn't get pushed back because of you-know-what?

I’m not sure how anyone can perceive that review as negative.

Also, I always figured this was game centric, I mean, it’s a video game come to life. This random guy doesn’t play games and seems to be thinking of all the intricacies of it AND IS HAPPY.

I love everything I read, now we need someone like us to let us for realz.

Hmm, so are there no AAs? It sounds like the environments are basically all practical with some projections and all of the characters are AR. Interesting.

What I'm getting at is that a POV of this attraction will basically be going through some giant amazing set pieces but most of the "animated" action and chaos is happening inside the AR goggles. So, a POV of this attraction is basically pointless.

If that's the case, I won't be scrounging for info anymore as this is an attraction where a POV might make it look "bad".

Hopefully the California parks are open by 2023 so I can ride this without having to sell my arm, haha.

Last edited:
So, maybe oversimplifying it, but is this just MIB 2.0 with a different theme and instead of blasters, AR and car buttons? That review made it sound far more "gamey" than ride. Not that that's a bad thing, just setting expectations correctly.

I think thats probably a likely description of what we should expect. After all this is all based on a video game.

Reactions: Frogki and Pacific
Yes, but he's basing his information on a review that doesn't describe anything beyond the game aspect of the ride.

We all read the same review. It's clear what's involved here. The rider's knowledge of Mario games doesn't change the core components described. That doesn't change if it was a good ride or not. The ride it's being compared to isn't a bad ride.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
We all read the same review. It's clear what's involved here. The rider's knowledge of Mario games doesn't change the core components described. That doesn't change if it was a good ride or not. The ride it's being compared to isn't a bad ride.
Sorry, I wasn't insinuating it was bad, just that his information might not be complete. Anyways, I'm sure we'll have more opinions as winter continues which will give us a better sense of the ride.

Reactions: Pacific
I had a dream about a Mario Kart ride leak (looked good btw) so I need to take a step back lol

Of course now that I do so allll the leaks will happen today.

Reactions: shiekra38