Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I watched basically the entire Endgame climax the week before it came out.

Something will always slip through the net
lol why the hell would you want to spoil the most anticipated movie of all-time before actually seeing it? I get wanting to know. I'm antsy too, but at that point, what's the point in seeing the movie if you've already ruined it for yourself?

I guess i'm just that way in general. I don't watch POVs for ANY ride (even if it's an opening day DL ride) unless i've been on it. I was on a cruise when Endgame came out and staying away from spoilers for a week was incredibly hard. But I managed. I guess I just don't get the appeal of seeing something early if you're just going to experience it anyway. I can understand way more with theme park rides, but i've never been able to understand why with movies.

lol why the hell would you want to spoil the most anticipated movie of all-time before actually seeing it? I get wanting to know. I'm antsy too, but at that point, what's the point in seeing the movie if you've already ruined it for yourself?

I guess i'm just that way in general. I don't watch POVs for ANY ride (even if it's an opening day DL ride) unless i've been on it. I was on a cruise when Endgame came out and staying away from spoilers for a week was incredibly hard. But I managed. I guess I just don't get the appeal of seeing something early if you're just going to experience it anyway. I can understand way more with theme park rides, but i've never been able to understand why with movies.
Spoilers don't bother me. I don't care *what* happens. I care how it's dramatized and presented. If that's done well it'll hit the same every time.

Spoilers don't bother me. I don't care *what* happens. I care how it's dramatized and presented. If that's done well it'll hit the same every time.
That's where you and I differ.

The thing for me is, I'm pretty sure I have a good enough grasp on *what* happens. You sit in you're Go-Kart, put on an AR head set and then it's basically a dark ride sort of simulating as if you were actually racing through a Mario Kart course. That's all I need to know really. For RotR, it was the same thing for me. I just sort of knew based on rumors and what Disney told us what to expect. It ended up exceeding even my fairly high expectations.

I guess since I stay plugged in to what's going on, I just like to keep some things as a surprise. And that just goes as a general thing in life for me. I follow a lot with movies and TV, but would I have wanted to know how Mandalorian Season 2 ended before I sat down and watched the whole episode? Of course not.

I watched the POV for Forbidden Journey too many times to count before I actually got a chance to ride it. It still blew my socks off and heavily surprised me. I treat theme park spoilers very differently from media. And even then, sometimes I want spoilers for films and games (like The Last of Us 2 or Rise of the Skywalker) and sometimes I don't (like with Soul and Horizon Zero Dawn). Its all very contextual for me.

Reactions: Frogki
I watched the POV for Forbidden Journey too many times to count before I actually got a chance to ride it. It still blew my socks off and heavily surprised me. I treat theme park spoilers very differently from media. And even then, sometimes I want spoilers for films and games (like The Last of Us 2 or Rise of the Skywalker) and sometimes I don't (like with Soul and Horizon Zero Dawn). Its all very contextual for me.
Video games is sometimes different for me as i'm paying $60 for something (or now $70 on PS5) so you want to make sure it's good. But even still, I just look at spoiler free reviews. I never like knowing plot details beforehand. It's just one of those things for me.

Reactions: Pacific
Once again, his review was a whole lot of nothing. It reminded me of at HHN a couple of years ago and I was in a conversation with a married couple about what they had done so far. They said they had done one house but had no idea which one it was and were completely unable to describe it. :lol:

As long as it's dominated by practical sets, then I'm good.

Reactions: Freak and Pacific
The only thing that bugged me a little is when he said "I Never felt we were going faster than we were". Hopefully some effects weren't working. Im sure the AR and sets will be out of this world and make up for it if so.

The only thing that bugged me a little is when he said "I Never felt we were going faster than we were". Hopefully some effects weren't working. Im sure the AR and sets will be out of this world and make up for it if so.
It’s pretty clear that showed him my video about Mario Kart and he references/rebuts the rumors in that video from a year ago several times. This is why he states that characters in other cars do not drive up beside you. And it is why he says he didn’t notice any effects or things moving to make it look like you’re going faster than you really are.

Part of why the review reads strangely on its own is that it’s referencing a video he just watched, and it’s a part two of a longer review that sets up a few things about his views and his visit.

EDIT: His review aims to answer specific questions from the author of the article he is commenting on. Here are the questions he was asked the day before he attended the preview. That explains a lot actually.

7E834610-718E-41E4-99F9-60DD2BD251A6.png

Last edited:
It’s pretty clear that showed him my video about Mario Kart and he references/rebuts the rumors in that video from a year ago several times. This is why he states that characters in other cars do not drive up beside you. And it is why he says he didn’t notice any effects or things moving to make it look like you’re going faster than you really are.

Part of why the review reads strangely on its own is that it’s referencing a video he just watched, and it’s a part two of a longer review that sets up a few things about his views and his visit.

EDIT: His review aims to answer specific questions from the author of the article he is commenting on. Here are the questions he was asked the day before he attended the preview. That explains a lot actually.

View attachment 13683
Does explain a lot, hence the "characters riding alongside you" component as there is a direct link to the article where you mention it. If that component is true and its only in AR thats my only takeaway from this review, everything else sounds like what we've been expecting to a degree! Just one review on one ride though,.

Reactions: Pacific
That explains the weird wording of the review. Let's wait for someone more familiar with theme parks to review it. Kind of sucks the characters won't ride up besides you but I'll live.

The implementation of AR does sound very exciting though.

Last edited:
All this talk about the MK review, but I’d love to hear anything about Yoshi at this point.
Mods delete if I’m saying too much cause I don’t wanna be messing with rules, but on themeparx there’s a picture clearly taken on the ride of the view of the rest of the land, as well as a rumored (now confirmed!) AA before you enter the warp pipe. Not posting Incase I’m not allowed to but I saw it as recently as today.

I dont want to gang up on anyone that left a comment replying to another comment on an article btw. That "review" wasn't meant for us, I just thought some aspects of it were informative. Namely that they actually figured out AR, that's incredible to me. And could be the real game changer here.

I dont want to gang up on anyone that left a comment replying to another comment on an article btw. That "review" wasn't meant for us, I just thought some aspects of it were informative. Namely that they actually figured out AR, that's incredible to me. And could be the real game changer here.
I'm trying my hardest not to make too many assumptions of the ride from that review.. but to set myself up for enjoying this, I'm just going to think of this attraction as a "Toy Story Mania on crack".... I feel like a lot of us are comparing this new E ticket to the other really impressive story driven dark rides that have recently been developed (FJ, Rise etc).. but this seems to be more of a video game attraction than a classic dark ride experience with enhanced features (3D glasses etc)... It's just a competitive shooting game ride and I'm not necessarily mad at that considering this entire land expansion is based off of a video game.. not a movie or tv show...

I'm trying my hardest not to make too many assumptions of the ride from that review.. but to set myself up for enjoying this, I'm just going to think of this attraction as a "Toy Story Mania on crack".... I feel like a lot of us are comparing this new E ticket to the other really impressive story driven dark rides that have recently been developed (FJ, Rise etc).. but this seems to be more of a video game attraction than a classic dark ride experience with enhanced features (3D glasses etc)... It's just a competitive shooting game ride and I'm not necessarily mad at that considering this entire land expansion is based off of a video game.. not a movie or tv show...
The good news is there are dozens of moving figures on the Yoshi ride, which looks adorable. And when it comes online, Donkey Kong will have some AAs along with water and fire effects, so seems like they'll have all their bases covered for different attraction styles.