Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 157 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everyone wants a classic style dark ride until they’re at Islands and never ride Cat in the Hat.
At DCA, we call it The Little Mermaid.

EDIT: Also based on these forums, this kind of dissapointment literally happens with every attraction, along with the specious argument that the experience could be had at home.

EDIT 2:
We’ve. Seen. One. Scene.

Also there’s not a group of people I care less about their opinion on this than WDWMagic posters.
I wish the cynical, entitled spreaders of Covid misinformation on the Disneyland side of those forums a very happy deletion of their accounts.

Last edited:
If only they went to that length in the actual ride.
Oh wow! I totally misread your post!

Do you have a full POV to share with us so we can see what you're talking about?

Comparisons to TSMM are not being made in good faith. The tech and visual trickery on display make TSMM look like Buzz Lightyear
My goodness people are dense

MIB has always been better than both and it was built around the same time as Buzz and before TSMM

So now someone from the Youtube comment section of the partial Mario Kart POV who's clamed to have been on the ride five times (once more, this isn't a final confirmation or anything so don't take it to heart) says that the ride DOES have animatronics (characters like the Thwomps and Chain Chomp). It could just be the AR elements because the graphics on it look surprisingly very good. We'll just wait and see.

Also, do people NOT want screens or AR to fill the backgrounds? Nothing says Mario Kart like a practical set with a ceiling I can see above it. Need this for the immersion
I would’ve loved if it just filled backgrounds and wasn’t the main focus. Would’ve been more like Rise of the Resistance than Millenium Falcon if that were the case. I do enjoy Smuggler’s Run for what it is, but it’s also not the land’s main E Ticket. That’s Rise.
So now someone from the Youtube comment section of the partial Mario Kart POV who's clamed to have been on the ride five times (once more, this isn't a final confirmation or anything so don't take it to heart) says that the ride DOES have animatronics (characters like the Thwomps and Chain Chomp). It could just be the AR elements because the graphics on it look surprisingly very good. We'll just wait and see.
Any of Mario, Bowser, etc.?

Last edited:
I would’ve loved if it just filled backgrounds and wasn’t the main focus. Would’ve been more like Rise of the Resistance than Millenium Falcon if that were the case. I do enjoy Smuggler’s Run for what it is, but it’s also not the land’s main E Ticket. That’s Rise.
lol come on. Comparing what we’ve seen of MK to Smugglers Run

I think a piranha plant or two too probably. Just not Mario and Koopa characters. Those apparently are all AR I guess.

EDIT: And maybe more moving set pieces as well, like gears and propellers in a couple scenes. Not sure if those would be stationary or rotating... In any case, moving stuff would be great set against the animated backgrounds and AR characters in foreground. Layerz!!

The other ride in the exact same land has 0 screens. Literally right next door.

Also, I’m sorry, but the “I wanted it for real” refrain just holds no water for me. Sitting at home with your switch is not the same thing as the characters literally flying around you in 3 dimensions while you try and pepper them with items to win the race.

I think he means "E-ticket." To be fair, we've gotten Hagrid's (although that did replace a non-screenz ride as well, by the same token several of Uni's screenz rides replaced other screenz rides).

That being said, this is a massively entertaining thread. :lol:

Last edited:
lol come on. Comparing what we’ve seen of MK to Smugglers Run
Two large scale rides that put a heavy focus on being played like a video game. Mario Kart could’ve set it itself way apart but from what I’m hearing what you guys are saying that there will be some sets here and there that just makes me think of Ratatouille. Sure it has sets, but it’s still mostly virtual.

Again, I wanted it for real. I wanted to look beside me and see Bowser right there realized in full animatronic glory. You know, something I haven’t seen at home on my TV before.

Again, I wanted it for real. I wanted to look beside me and see Bowser right there realized in full animatronic glory. You know, something I haven’t seen at home on my TV before.
Just cause it's digital doesn't make it bad

I personally don't have projection mapping or AR in my house

But I'm also not as rich as @Joe to afford such luxuries

My point is that I didn’t want to see virtual creations. I wanted physical creations of these characters that you’d only ever see at a theme park.

*looks around one-bedroom apartment* nor the space

My point is that I didn’t want to see virtual creations. I wanted physical creations of these characters that you’d only ever see at a theme park.

Which there is throughout the land, in Yoshi, and on this ride.

Reactions: Frogki
I think he means "E-ticket." To be fair, we've gotten Hagrid's (although that did replace a non-screenz ride as well, by the same token several of Uni's screenz rides replaced other screenz rides).

That being said, this is a massively entertaining thread. :lol:

Yea, Hagrid just opened and Velocicoaster opens this year. The past 2 E-tickets at the resort.

Two large scale rides that put a heavy focus on being played like a video game. Mario Kart could’ve set it itself way apart but from what I’m hearing what you guys are saying that there will be some sets here and there that just makes me think of Ratatouille. Sure it has sets, but it’s still mostly virtual.

By this justification every rollercoaster is the same.
You’ve never seen this kind of attraction at hone on your TV, and you cannot pretend otherwise.

A few notes passed to me:

“It’s like Spider-Man meets Toy Story Mania”

“It’s gonna make TSMM look like a crappy Six Flags ride”

“IT WAS AWESOME”

“AR will take dark rides to the next level”
This is what I hoped to hear, gah I cannot wait for a full POV, my lord lol.
Do you have a ride vehicle and AR goggles at home along with that massive show building? Dude let’s hangout.

A few notes passed to me:

“It’s like Spider-Man meets Toy Story Mania”

“It’s gonna make TSMM look like a crappy Six Flags ride”

“IT WAS AWESOME”

“AR will take dark rides to the next level”
Let's not pretend TSMM wasn't *already* a crappy Six Flags ride

Also, I've said it before

The potential future advancement and implementation of AR is super mindblowing

It's the new 3D as far as I'm concerned

Let's not pretend TSMM wasn't *already* a crappy Six Flags ride

Also, I've said it before

The potential future advancement and implementation of AR is super mindblowing

It's the new 3D as far as I'm concerned
This is finally putting 3D/Screen elements right around us, next to us, it’s insane. I feel AR is going to make everything feel even more personal and immersive I just cannot wait to see how they did this. This is how you finally get the entire room around you to participate using every inch of space available, that’s how we get into an animated world, literally so cool.