Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 179 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
.....Marioverse.....I low-key want to see a movie or video game on this: "Into the Mario-verse": Professer E. Gadd created a machine that jumps between dimensions and Mario and Luigi see alternate universe Marios like the proper video game Mario, the live action Mario with Bob Hoskins.....I digress.
Whoa, whoa, woah. Are you saying that Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo don't appear at all in this new land?!

f49bfd73eb42ee0516b7d3e80c5f5520.gif

It’s fine to have criticisms or appreciations. I think the one thing that isn’t fair is saying that the AR sucks if you haven’t experienced it, as it does not film as intended. However, critiques about creative choices and story are fair game. People have done it with Star Wars and Harry Potter. Not sure why is Mario fans can’t. We’re not trying to be contrarians, and there is much we already love about the land.

I have to say watching the non AR POV again, Twisted Mansion is ridiculous. I am not sure how they are able to do what they do in that scene, but they nailed it. I’m glad it’s slightly longer than some others personally, there’s soooo many things to be looking at in that one scene alone. I think it’s my fav non AR scene that we’ve seen personally it looks cool

I have to say watching the non AR POV again, Twisted Mansion is ridiculous. I am not sure how they are able to do what they do in that scene, but they nailed it. I’m glad it’s slightly longer than some others personally, there’s soooo many things to be looking at in that one scene alone. I think it’s my fav non AR scene that we’ve seen personally it looks cool
Agreed. Twisted Mansion didn’t even look that good in Mario Kart 8.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee

My favorite part has to be when the painting drops and leaves a pokey behind like the magic paintings in 64. A really clever use of AR, and a really funny callback.

It’s fine to have criticisms or appreciations. I think the one thing that isn’t fair is saying that the AR sucks if you haven’t experienced it, as it does not film as intended. However, critiques about creative choices and story are fair game. People have done it with Star Wars and Harry Potter. Not sure why is Mario fans can’t. We’re not trying to be contrarians, and there is much we already love about the land.
To be fair, that specific video really makes the AR look like a dumpster fire - I'm assuming that the point of the ride is to shoot shells at bad guys that pop up, but there's so much crap flying around and noises that it genuinely looks like a mess.

That said, you are correct - shooting video with a phone through one lens of a set of goggles is not a representation of what it would look like to a person riding, so people should have an open mind and wait to experience it before actually declaring the AR to be a mess.

My first thought was that it makes Buzz Lightyear look like a piece of crap.

There’s a lot I already love about the land. The positives outweigh the negatives. The Yoshi ride is really the only thing I’m criticizing (well, that and the absence of some significant Mario characters).
I agree with the said thing. It would have not cost anything to have Waliugi, Dasiy, and Wario apart of this....like nothing to just have some things themed to them.

I get no band day one..but also the lack of a Bowser band to me is weird

I agree with the said thing. It would have not cost anything to have Waliugi, Dasiy, and Wario apart of this....like nothing to just have some things themed to them.

Probably cause they’re trying to make us feel a part of team Mario, especially since we battle with Boswer and Boswer Jr, it may look sus to be wearing a bowser power up band

Daisy is there. Rosalina, Wario, and Waluigi are the absent ones, and I don’t understand why. Rosalina is very odd, considering she was playable in both of the games the land was based on. Wario and Waluigi are also Mario Kart Staples. You can hear one of them “Wah” ing in the queue, but you can’t see them. They don’t even sell merchandise with them. What gives?

I want everyone to take a step back and a deep breath.

No one here, to my knowledge, has actually visited the land or been on either of the rides.

Please accept that your ability to meaningfully critique any of it is drastically limited by virtue of you have not experienced it yet. This is especially true for Mario Kart, as arguably the most pivotal piece of the puzzle - the AR - cannot be measurably experienced in the form of a POV.

No one's saying you can't have reactions to firsthand accounts or what the POVs show. But let's please take it down a notch and acknowledge the distinction between criticizing something you're only seeing pictures of and something you have actually seen with your own eyes.

Daisy is there. Rosalina, Wario, and Waluigi are the absent ones, and I don’t understand why. Rosalina is very odd, considering she was playable in both of the games the land was based on. Wario and Waluigi are also Mario Kart Staples. You can hear one of them “Wah” ing in the queue, but you can’t see them. They don’t even sell merchandise with them. What gives?
I'm pretty sure Wario and Waluigi weren't included in Mario Kart because they don't fit the "Team Mario vs Team Bowser" narrative they're going for. The ride is chaotic and busy enough without adding more factions into the mix.

The Rosalina talk reminds me, is there talk about a Super Mario Galaxy ride or attraction some day? I may have missed the spec.
There’s a really strange reference to it in the pipe of the Yoshi ride, like it’s some far off World you can’t visit quite yet. But as far as I’m aware, there was never any plan to incorporate Galaxy in the land, nor is there any plan to in the future.

It would have made for a great third attraction to give something to those looking for a thrilling epic dark ride.

As for characters not yet represented, I’m assuming merch will be released over the coming years. They’ll need to do new releases to keep the stores fresh. When we look at history, Magic Bands and Magic Wands have continued to be released with new iterations. I’m sorry a character you love is not represented, that’s gotta be frustrating. I have full faith that new things are coming.

Reactions: Brer Oswald