Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
SDMT is one of the budget wastes ever in a park. It doesn't dominate the skyline. It isn't even worth the theming for the effort given the capacity at all. I would gladly take to lower budget rides that are more fun.

SDMT is one of the budget wastes ever in a park. It doesn't dominate the skyline. It isn't even worth the theming for the effort given the capacity at all. I would gladly take to lower budget rides that are more fun.
I agree for Shanghai, but in Magic Kingdom it was a last minute replacement for two meet and greets, so I’ll always look on it a bit more kindly there.

It’s definitely not worth the lines it draws, but that’s more a MK capacity problem than anything else.

As someone who’s never been on SDMT I thought it looks pretty nice and if donkey Kong is in the vein of that ride I’d love it

Reactions: alias8703
To bring this up, as I feel like it'd be interesting to say.

With Universal having Hotel properties around the Universal Studio's Japan park--perhaps we can see them wanting to put in something similar to what Orlando did with Hogsmeade--testing out the land with a limited amount of individuals. Those individuals, being hotel guests.

With Disney and OLC seemingly going to test it out with Beauty and The Beast possibly, and with this being something Universal has done in the past--perhaps it'd be a way to iron out anything extra that they may forget about.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Does anybody know location of the station? I thought it was near the spike jump (the long section that's right up against Mario Kart), but it looks as if it could be inside the main temple as well (below the waterfall).

Ya not to downgrade but take back what I said about it being better than MK lol. This still seems wonderful however. I’m hoping for 2:15 ride time at best

It could have been worse
I was merely pointing out there’s a legitimate criticism to be made especially considering there was no actual big ride added with New Fantasyland. Donkey Kong and Yoshi on the other hand are compliments to Mario Kart. I imagine there would’ve been less backlash from fans if the expansion also gave us the B&tB ride that’s about to open in Tokyo. SDMT would’ve had much less pressure.

I was merely pointing out there’s a legitimate criticism to be made especially considering there was no actual big ride added with New Fantasyland. Donkey Kong and Yoshi on the other hand are compliments to Mario Kart. I imagine there would’ve been less backlash from fans if the expansion also gave us the B&tB ride that’s about to open in Tokyo. SDMT would’ve had much less pressure.

Yeah. It's actually a very similar situation to that over at Hong Kong Disneyland, where their version of SDMT (Sliding Sleighs) doesn't have a lot of expectations on it due to it being a supporting attraction to Frozen Ever After.

Ya not to downgrade but take back what I said about it being better than MK lol. This still seems wonderful however. I’m hoping for 2:15 ride time at best

Yeah, this ride will be fine. I'm really wondering what the indoor section will be like, as it seems a lot more lengthy than I originally anticipated.