Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was merely pointing out there’s a legitimate criticism to be made especially considering there was no actual big ride added with New Fantasyland. Donkey Kong and Yoshi on the other hand are compliments to Mario Kart. I imagine there would’ve been less backlash from fans if the expansion also gave us the B&tB ride that’s about to open in Tokyo. SDMT would’ve had much less pressure.
Yes, I remember SDMT being lauded as an E-ticket and "better than Gringotts"

Most of it was the usual fan hype

• Haha
Reactions: Jones14
Yes, I remember SDMT being lauded as an E-ticket and "better than Gringotts"

Most of it was the usual fan hype
If SDMT was like, 1 1/2-2 min longer than there’s taking time be bad for that and if some other rumored scenes were going to be involved. But, we didn’t get that. Wonder if we find out one day what we missed from DK and if we’ll wonder the same thing. I feel not, cause everything we know about Nintendo so far sounds just perfectly done

Reactions: Mike S
Yeah. It's actually a very similar situation to that over at Hong Kong Disneyland, where their version of SDMT (Sliding Sleighs) doesn't have a lot of expectations on it due to it being a supporting attraction to Frozen Ever After.
Frozen Ever After will be a clone as far as we know so Frozen land actually is a bit disappointing. They have the option to start completely fresh and they’re cloning a ride that was squished into an already existing 30 year old ride.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
If SDMT was like, 1 1/2-2 min longer than there’s taking time be bad for that and if some other rumored scenes were going to be involved. But, we didn’t get that. Wonder if we find out one day what we missed from DK and if we’ll wonder the same thing. I feel not, cause everything we know about Nintendo so far sounds just perfectly done
There's actually two other track layouts from pictures I've seen online. One is from the oldest KZ build and the other is unknown.

I think Universal is gearing DK to be the second E-ticket of SNW...Therefore I'm expecting greatness

In fairness, half of that statement is correct!
;)
Both were equally disappointing from two companies that can do better, in my eyes

I don't outright dislike either, but I don't love either of them.

If Mine Train was consistently a 20 - 30 minute wait, I'd do it every trip, but the value (to me) just isn't there to wait any longer than that. I'd much rather go walk on Little Mermaid or Small World (or both!), and feel like my time is better spent.

With Gringotts, the best part of the whole experience is the wait.

Gringotts is a much better and cohesive attraction than 7DMT. I mean it’s not even close. 7DMT feels like a weak thunder mountain. Kind of sad to build a brand new coaster that’s Instantly over shadowed by one bullt 30 years before it.
the track shortening and nerf of the “swing mechanic” of the train pretty much made it a non starter. Sure it’s popular because it’s a family coaster in a family park, but it could have been SO much better.

Gringotts is a way better all around attraction....but 7DMT is still a good attraction.

Just “ok” in my opinion. It’s not the best “kids coaster” at WDW. That belongs to slinky, even with its lack of theming.

anyway....back on topic . This looks to put all the kids coasters to shame. At least thematically. I’m thinking it will be a nice light thrill for families.

also I don’t consider Hagrid a “kids coaster”. It’s fairly intense.

Donkey Kong is having animatronics correct?
Ya I believe there’s going to be show scenes, I think I’m intentionally making this plural as well. But not like a lot just maybe 2-3 instead of just 1. We shall see, it’s gonna be awesome theming all around regardless and AAs are heavily rumored. I think some for the queue as well are rumored to interact with guests

Reactions: Mike S