Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was in the park a couple weeks ago and sightlines seemed to be an issue.

Particularly from HP, the Nintendo green hills obviously stuck out. The attempt they made at trying to blend in some forest into the hills from the Hogsmeade side doesn't work very well. Hopefully there are some trees growing/going up?

Granted I know sightlines have never really been a huge concern for Universal, but that stuck out to me.

Considering the amount of leaks from Beijing, I’m surprised there hasn’t been one leak of inside either Yoshi or Mario Kart. We’re clearly spoiled on Beijing construction but when you look at that compared to this project and the amount of leaks, Universal has done a nice job keeping a tignt lip on all this. Nothing from inside Hollywood yet either

Considering the amount of leaks from Beijing, I’m surprised there hasn’t been one leak of inside either Yoshi or Mario Kart. We’re clearly spoiled on Beijing construction but when you look at that compared to this project and the amount of leaks, Universal has done a nice job keeping a tignt lip on all this. Nothing from inside Hollywood yet either

Nintendo probs has something to do with it. The two exclusives in Beijing are both Universal-owned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Japan holds photography of construction sites albeit..with a bit of force.

Its why you would see at the parking structure next to SNW signs of I recall, to tell people not to take photos.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
True I guess its just different rules in practice in a different place, its just interesting we've seen legit a part of everything I think at USB haha and still the Mario Kart ride in practice (not queue) there hasn't been 1, very impressive Imo.

True I guess its just different rules in practice in a different place, its just interesting we've seen legit a part of everything I think at USB haha and still the Mario Kart ride in practice (not queue) there hasn't been 1, very impressive Imo.

Even if Japan didn't have that strict of a photo policy, I'm honestly expecting heavy policing on ride photography and video footage, not by Universal's hand but more by Nintendo's.

Even if Japan didn't have that strict of a photo policy, I'm honestly expecting heavy policing on ride photography and video footage, not by Universal's hand but more by Nintendo's.
Very good point. Universal has always released less info though compared to Disney so sometimes I forget how jarring it can be haha. I still expect footage of the ride in some capacity for sure, even if it is just news coverage.

Plus who knows, maybe we Kidzone closes in January and we aim for a 2024 Orlando opening, id considering holding out on a POV if possible

It wasn't all that long ago that even Universal Orlando was super strict on photos and videos with Security playing Big Brother roles. Orlando has really relaxed their stance and probably finally realizes the value of free
marketing that social media gives them.

Yeah, I'm not waiting 5, 6, 7+ years for this to arrive in Orlando. I want to see what the rides look like as soon as footage appears.

If we were still getting it in 2023, I'd probably (try to) hold out.
I'm sure there will be plenty of POV videos from Hollywood when it opens within a couple years. They'll even let you film in HHN houses there.

I'm sure there will be plenty of POV videos from Hollywood when it opens within a couple years. They'll even let you film in HHN houses there.

I still think we'll end up getting some stuff out of Japan.

Tokyo Disneyland supposedly enforces "no photography" rules pretty hard, yet we got the Beauty and the Beast ride-through.

I still think we'll end up getting some stuff out of Japan.

Tokyo Disneyland supposedly enforces "no photography" rules pretty hard, yet we got the Beauty and the Beast ride-through.
For whatever reason they appeared to be allowing it for that one day. Cast Members can even be seen waving to cameras. Seems off brand, but might've even been encouraged? Just that once anyway.

Hidden cameras in glasses have been one of the only ways we've gotten POVs from Universal Japan in the past. Let's hope someone brings them to Nintendo World.

Reactions: belloq87
Someone better provide an in-depth review. I saw someone who claims to live in Japan here? Gonna be hard for the usual media to get that much coverage for obvious reasons.

And given Hollywood's...ahem, situation, the prospect of having to wait until SNW opens there is not exactly reassuring.

Last edited:
Someone's totally going to film the ride without AR glasses on. It's going to be huge news so people will likely whip out phones and cameras.