Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

I don’t want to derail the thread, but vaccinating our most pristine athletes before the large majority of the rest of the world should not be a priority.

That's a valid argument. I'd say that by July, in most first world countries, they will be to the point where athletes would be vaccinated. But the rest of the world/third world countries, maybe not.

That's a valid argument. I'd say that by July, in most first world countries, they will be to the point where athletes would be vaccinated. But the rest of the world/third world countries, maybe not.
Let’s hope!!! For either of our arguments though, there’s no proof of that yet so, hard to predict these days I think. Also don’t understand why we couldn’t hypothetically do 2 Olympics in 2022, but I digress.

We can build costly athletic facilities that will never be used again another time, Fryoj

They were cancelled 2 months before opening ceremonies. I'm going to assume most of the facilities were built or under construction at that point.

I'd say that by July, in most first world countries, they will be to the point where athletes would be vaccinated. But the rest of the world/third world countries, maybe not.

I don't think that's true.

In Canada here if things go as planned the 3rd phase of vaccination, which is essentially healthy people under 50, won't even get started until July and rolls backwards from that age through to the end of Sept.

Of other countries I've looked up:
- In the UK they are saying of the last group "By autumn, the rest of the adult population, another 21 million people, will be offered a vaccine".
- France's phase 3 which is similar to Canada's plans and doesn't start until July, also going backwards from age 50 downwards.
- Japan's final "not at higher risk" group of 60 million people doesn't start until end of June.
- South Korea hasn't even decided when they're going to start vaccinating people yet and are taking their time evaluating the vaccines. They say they *might* start vaccinating their high risk populations by end of Feb but their health minister isn't guaranteeing that.
- Australia isn't even starting to vaccinate people until March

Those are just a handful of examples of first world countries.

I don't think that's true.

In Canada here if things go as planned the 3rd phase of vaccination, which is essentially healthy people under 50, won't even get started until July and rolls backwards from that age through to the end of Sept.

Of other countries I've looked up:
- In the UK they are saying of the last group "By autumn, the rest of the adult population, another 21 million people, will be offered a vaccine".
- France's phase 3 which is similar to Canada's plans and doesn't start until July, also going backwards from age 50 downwards.
- Japan's final "not at higher risk" group of 60 million people doesn't start until end of June.
- South Korea hasn't even decided when they're going to start vaccinating people yet and are taking their time evaluating the vaccines. They say they *might* start vaccinating their high risk populations by end of Feb but their health minister isn't guaranteeing that.
- Australia isn't even starting to vaccinate people until March

Those are just a handful of examples of first world countries.
In the Netherlands everyone should be good in October...they say... but the "English mutation" as they call it, is still an uncertain factor. I also expect it to go slower than promised.

Cool me off people if I’m being hyperbolic, and Covid delays impact this obviously, between that, no leaks, barely any concept art of the ride itself, is this the most anticipated ride ever amongst theme park fans? I only ask purely because we haven’t seen a single thing. Its Universals next big ride, its sorta wild. Building the anticipation for this feels just insane haha

Cool me off people if I’m being hyperbolic, and Covid delays impact this obviously, between that, no leaks, barely any concept art of the ride itself, is this the most anticipated ride ever amongst theme park fans? I only ask purely because we haven’t seen a single thing. Its Universals next big ride, its sorta wild. Building the anticipation for this feels just insane haha

I'm not going to actually experience it until it comes to Florida, and I'm not even a Nintendo fan, but I've been mega-hyped about it for some time. (The opening of this, Iron Gwazi and HHN 30 were reasons I was so excited about 2020. :'()

The tour Shigeru did of the land plus the Yoshi POV poured looooots of gasoline on my hype-fire. But, as Gringott's shows, an amazing land doesn't guarantee an amazing headliner attraction.

Maybe the most anticipated ever among 'Nintendo' Theme Park enthusiasts. :lol: