T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What would be the capacity trade off between the two attractions?

Well, T2's capacity is 700 per show... And the number of shows a day depends on the time of year... As far as the walkthrough, I haven't seen any figures on capacity for Hollywood, and have never been able to find the capacity for House Of Horrors (though anytime I ever did HoH it was walk on). I would assume the capacity is similar or slightly less then a typical HHN maze.

Well, T2's capacity is 700 per show... And the number of shows a day depends on the time of year... As far as the walkthrough, I haven't seen any figures on capacity for Hollywood, and have never been able to find the capacity for House Of Horrors (though anytime I ever did HoH it was walk on). I would assume the capacity is similar or slightly less then a typical HHN maze.
I have never been to HHN. What is a typical maze capacity?

Easily several hundred per hour. Considering T2 is about 26 minutes plus a short preshow and then there's about an hour between each show and this attraction would run continuously, the trade-off on capacity would be minimal. The question is whether it would draw more bodies than T2 currently does.

I've heard the number 1200 before, but I can't say that is accurate with any certainty. I think the trade off with hourly capacity would be comparable or slightly less, but I think TWD would draw more people to the park and, more importantly, that area of the park than T2 currently does.

T2 in USH used to run 2 shows per hour. Do you guys only do one every hour? If so then TWDA would be a capacity boost if it's bigger than the one at USH.

USH was able to do two per hour because they had two theatres. USF only has one theatre.

No, they did not. USH had one theater, which was split into two when Minion Mayhem was put into the space. The theater was slightly larger than Orlando's, and did do a show once every 30 min.

No, they did not. USH had one theater, which was split into two when Minion Mayhem was put into the space. The theater was slightly larger than Orlando's, and did do a show once every 30 min.

Yeah. I was just about to comment on the idea that the show only plays once an hour in Orlando. Just take a look at today's show times... Every half hour until the afternoon, and then planned shows for almost every 20 minutes. I've seen it run only one show an hour, but that's typically only in the slow seasons.

Reactions: Ryan and Mad Dog
What are the chances of seeing anything go into the soundstage behind the New York flat facade. I belive it is SS33. Would it be large enough of a space for another attraction/TWD maze?

What are the chances of seeing anything go into the soundstage behind the New York flat facade. I belive it is SS33. Would it be large enough of a space for another attraction/TWD maze?

Do you mean the special event building used for various events, like for Example; The Last Laugh from last October?

Do you mean the special event building used for various events, like for Example; The Last Laugh from last October?
Yeah i know they have special events in there but how hard would it be to relocate any of the events to another soundstage like the HP events.

Yeah i know they have special events in there but how hard would it be to relocate any of the events to another soundstage like the HP events.
During HHN? Somewhat challenging...Keep in mind too that sometimes soundstages are used for staging attractions and testing....and sometimes even production...33 is just a nice spot to have for special events..convenient..

After going through the Walking Dead attraction (Which I really liked, BTW), I could totally see TWD replace T2. The hospital queue reminded me a lot of your indoor T2 queue and I can totally picture it being converted into a post-apocolyptic hospital.

The only thing I would have against it, besides missing the show, is that the building would provide more space than necessary for the maze unless they have a bunch of huge scenes. Otherwise I think this would be a welcome addition to USF as it's become a super screen-heavy park.

After going through the Walking Dead attraction (Which I really liked, BTW), I could totally see TWD replace T2. The hospital queue reminded me a lot of your indoor T2 queue and I can totally picture it being converted into a post-apocolyptic hospital.

The only thing I would have against it, besides missing the show, is that the building would provide more space than necessary for the maze unless they have a bunch of huge scenes. Otherwise I think this would be a welcome addition to USF as it's become a super screen-heavy park.
I would like to see TWD come to Orlando. It would definitely be something different. No real preference on where the location is.

I'm going to reiterate something I said previously. On the HHN threads, Walking Dead, every year, is almost universally vilified as an attraction that people are tired off and don't want tying up house space. :angry:But then, on this and the Hollywood thread, people are mostly saying they want it to come to Universal Orlando as a permanent walk through attraction. :pray:What's up? This is as much of a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Universal fan reaction as any I've seen to date. It can't be loved and hated by essentially the same people. :bonk:Or could it? I'm confused & perplexed. :huh:

I'm going to reiterate something I said previously. On the HHN threads, Walking Dead, every year, is almost universally vilified as an attraction that people are tired off and don't want tying up house space. :angry:But then, on this and the Hollywood thread, people are mostly saying they want it to come to Universal Orlando as a permanent walk through attraction. :pray:What's up? This is as much of a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Universal fan reaction as any I've seen to date. It can't be loved and hated by essentially the same people. :bonk:Or could it? I'm confused & perplexed. :huh:
I think it's because everyone knows that if it comes, it will stop taking up slots for another IP or original during HHN. Plus, the park will get a year-round haunt to boot. That will put the event up to ten houses including TWD.

TWD is popular every year at HHN.
Not all of us go to HHN. I've never been.