Test Track 2.0 | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 2.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Scouring the social media world" my ass.

Instagram > Explore (compas icon) > search hash tags > [HASHTAG]#testtrack[/HASHTAG]

I don't know why people think that track photo is of the Belgian blocks area, does not look like that area at all. I say it's viewing down towards the dispatch area.

A CM posted the first review I've seen for the ride over on Theme Park Review..

The actual ride is actually referred to as the Sim Track.

Heavy use of Blacklight and brings a sort of Tron Vibe. Almost all traces of 98 Test Track are gone! (Exception of some Black and Yellow paints in Load/Unload areas and the Maintenance Bay) And the Semi-Truck gag is back but really well done.

Lots of little references to EPCOT Center, World of Motion and even a Cars reference!

Designing the car is very similar to Sum of All Thrills! But a lot more fun! you can create anything from realistic concept car to Even a huge Truck that looks like a tank! (Thats what I did!)

Did not experience post show beyond the big screen that shows every ones car and stats (Much like the Globe post show at Spaceship Earth)

They were cycling cars much closer than what I remember... On the Speed Loop, I felt like a Hot Wheels on those old plastic dueling tracks with the motors.

The design stage has variable design times of 9 mins, 7 mins, and 5 mins. Based on line length... So I see it never going to 9 mins, maybe 7 mins in January/February.

The line will constantly have at least a 60 min wait time. Fastpasses will be gone in an hour. Because every family with a male child will want to go and design their own car. Actually everyone will want to ride, even if all they want to do is design their own car.

My opinion: Even with not everything working right quite yet, It is a significant improvement over the past Test Track. No more industrial feel, all sleek Tron/Epcot Center feel. This is the best re-imagining Disney has done at Epcot,or even Walt Disney World, rivaling Summer Nighttastic's Tower of Terror. Its a must not miss.

But I will say this: Bill McKim. You will be missed...

I've heard good things so far, but all from Disney fan sites. Not getting my hopes up but still somewhat excited!

I'm not expecting TT to reinvent the wheel here (pun intended), but I do expect it to be much better than the prior incarnation. Now, "better" isn't saying much, it's more a matter of how much better.

From @bigeeeee

Testing is happening tonight. I can hear the cars. Not much wait left.

i41ziNelvhAAs.jpg

CM testing continues this morning. If I had money, I'd say a 4pm soft opening today would be possible (nothing earlier).