Test Track 2.0 | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 2.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Excellent upgrades to the entire interior! I love the soothing tone. I guess that, with the limited budget given, everything across the exterior was skimped upon so that the main foci (the design phase, driving phase, etc.) would get the most attention. I'll just keep my eyes closed and thus ignore the canopy and costumes so that I can actually enjoy the actual good parts, lol.

No info on soft openings yet, but signs indicating technical rehearsals have been placed in front of the attraction. Let's hope the walls come down soon!

One can also see why this was a plus for Disney and TDO were so happy with it after GM footing most of the bill and build...

because in the long run this ride is more blacklit paint and light effects rather than anything physical actually moving. This means the only true physical practical parts to maintain would be the Vehicles.

As far as one can tell no more fog, belgium blocks, cone crashing or any robotic arm movement from scene set pieces(like the Corrosion Robots or crashing Barrier Test car that were never repaired)

I also know they don't want to stress the ride and the way it was built as well as not make it too scary/thrilling for the family audience but it would of been nice if they could of cranked the finale speed to 75.

I dig the voices and chime too. Reminds me a bit of the computer voice from Men In Black Alien attack mixed with a bit of Jenifer Tilly.

I thought maybe, but after listening more (going by the video quality) I don't think so. Seems more like the MIB computer voice.

It does sound super close to it.

Last I heard, they were having a good number of issues lately getting the ride working at even Technical Rehearsal quality because of the amount of changes made. All hoping that its soon though!

Walls are still up today. No word yet on soft openings.

*EDIT*

From twitter. "Test Track: 2-9:30 Cast plus guests on Main Gate. Subject to change."

Last edited by a moderator: