Test Track 2.0 | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 2.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
they DON'T have the ability to make a custom car, but choose from an existing car based upon the factor of the 4 tests.

Oh, so these screens don't actually let the guests design a car? None of them were actually on while I was there and I just assumed that's what they were for. At least they have something interactive though. I thought they bypassed everything and went directly to the ride. My mistake.

I used the fastpass process once. You get 30 seconds to choose which attribute is most important to you and then you get to pick from several pre designed cars. That's it. Still better than nothing.

I got to ride twice yesterday and I enjoyed it. It's crazy how different the queue is now. I think once they work out the kinks, it'll be a lot of fun to ride. I personally wish that the fastpass/single rider would have the opportunity to design a car since I know I will not be waiting in stand-by for a very long time once the attraction opens.

(how ironic, my user rank is now crash dummy :lol:)

This entire thing has me so excited to be visiting in a few months, and I didn't think I'd ever really say that again for any WDW park right now. I've watched every POV video posted here so far, and they've each given me chills like Epcot used to do for me. That's a good feeling.

Yeah that music in the queue is awesome. They somehow captured the classic Epcot feel like I thought they never could again. My favorite thing in the queue is the car model effect with the video. Such a neat effect.

And the new trash cans are also pretty awesome :look:

Yeah that music in the queue is awesome. They somehow captured the classic Epcot feel like I thought they never could again. My favorite thing in the queue is the car model effect with the video. Such a neat effect.

And the new trash cans are also pretty awesome :look:

I loved watching that, too. A really creative demonstration of the design process.

Here's a nighttime POV that includes the queue and post-show:

[video=youtube;nW5yDFbfgA8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW5yDFbfgA8[/video]

Last edited:
It's open to everyone, I saw numerous guest walking right up.

It's honestly a lot of fun. Significantly better than it's original incarnation. If you love Tron, you'll absolutely love it. The ride portion is obviously almost identical but with a new overlay on it. There are definitely some improvements though. There are a lot of large plasma screens and projectors that really add to the overall experience. The whole process is really fun, from start to finish but I honestly had the most fun with my personal design after the ride and it looks like they have more plans that what is currently working and could easily do more with the concept. The post design scenes, i.e. making your own Chevy car commercial with your car is hilarious. There are numerous narrators, locations, music, and messages (power, eco-friendly, cost, etc.) for the commercials and it's a lot of fun to play around in.

So here is what everyone wants to know, if you are a guest how do you enter? Swing to the far left and head towards Mission Space. You'll see Test Track and there will be Cast Members with the gate open. If they are not checking for I.D.'s than anyone can ride. I maybe waited 20 minutes. Not sure what other wait times looked like throughout the day or if they were originally only having it open to CM's but it was too dead. Point being, if you are in Epcot, it is worth a try. I imagine that it was open to guest all day but they were keeping it hush hush enough where they had guest on it, but not bombarding them. Until the front is actually open, it will probably stay rather low-key sans communities like us.

It's open to everyone, I saw numerous guest walking right up.

It's honestly a lot of fun. Significantly better than it's original incarnation. If you love Tron, you'll absolutely love it. The ride portion is obviously almost identical but with a new overlay on it. There are definitely some improvements though. There are a lot of large plasma screens and projectors that really add to the overall experience. The whole process is really fun, from start to finish but I honestly had the most fun with my personal design after the ride and it looks like they have more plans that what is currently working and could easily do more with the concept. The post design scenes, i.e. making your own Chevy car commercial with your car is hilarious. There are numerous narrators, locations, music, and messages (power, eco-friendly, cost, etc.) for the commercials and it's a lot of fun to play around in.

So here is what everyone wants to know, if you are a guest how do you enter? Swing to the far left and head towards Mission Space. You'll see Test Track and there will be Cast Members with the gate open. If they are not checking for I.D.'s than anyone can ride. I maybe waited 20 minutes. Not sure what other wait times looked like throughout the day or if they were originally only having it open to CM's but it was too dead. Point being, if you are in Epcot, it is worth a try. I imagine that it was open to guest all day but they were keeping it hush hush enough where they had guest on it, but not bombarding them. Until the front is actually open, it will probably stay rather low-key sans communities like us.

Great review! Sounds like they learned their lesson from the SSE post show. Not ashamed to admit I try to hit up the driving game there when I ride :lol:

I was watching foursquare (cleaning up some venues in the area) and saw test track swarm up to 40 checkins in the evening today pretty fast... guess people found out ;)

Okay, conflicting reports. It seemed that they DECIDED to let guest in later on in the day and seemed to relax the no photography rule. For various reasons they started letting guest in. SO, if you go tomorrow and want to ride, initially it may only be open to Cast Members, but stay in the park and try again closer to close. They might end up letting you in.

The post show is AWESOME, and it seems like they will have it planned where it shouldn't bottle neck too much. What I did notice was that in certain areas there are definitely abilities to expand on the existing post show and add more kiosk. So whether TDO will do that is the true wild card, but it's possible.

Okay, conflicting reports. It seemed that they DECIDED to let guest in later on in the day and seemed to relax the no photography rule. For various reasons they started letting guest in. SO, if you go tomorrow and want to ride, initially it may only be open to Cast Members, but stay in the park and try again closer to close. They might end up letting you in.

The post show is AWESOME, and it seems like they will have it planned where it shouldn't bottle neck too much. What I did notice was that in certain areas there are definitely abilities to expand on the existing post show and add more kiosk. So whether TDO will do that is the true wild card, but it's possible.

they laxed the no photo rule like yesterday afternoon... by the time i was there my instagram feed was filled with test track... I was told that CM preview with friends was this weekend only... so we'll see when they reopen for guests.. friends said tomorrow is good chance unless they are busy installing something else.

they laxed the no photo rule like yesterday afternoon... by the time i was there my instagram feed was filled with test track... I was told that CM preview with friends was this weekend only... so we'll see when they reopen for guests.. friends said tomorrow is good chance unless they are busy installing something else.

With this information, I say go to the parks and ride away, but check Twitter first!