Test Track 2.0 | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 2.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's open to everyone, I saw numerous guest walking right up.

It's honestly a lot of fun. Significantly better than it's original incarnation. If you love Tron, you'll absolutely love it. The ride portion is obviously almost identical but with a new overlay on it. There are definitely some improvements though. There are a lot of large plasma screens and projectors that really add to the overall experience. The whole process is really fun, from start to finish but I honestly had the most fun with my personal design after the ride and it looks like they have more plans that what is currently working and could easily do more with the concept. The post design scenes, i.e. making your own Chevy car commercial with your car is hilarious. There are numerous narrators, locations, music, and messages (power, eco-friendly, cost, etc.) for the commercials and it's a lot of fun to play around in.

So here is what everyone wants to know, if you are a guest how do you enter? Swing to the far left and head towards Mission Space. You'll see Test Track and there will be Cast Members with the gate open. If they are not checking for I.D.'s than anyone can ride. I maybe waited 20 minutes. Not sure what other wait times looked like throughout the day or if they were originally only having it open to CM's but it was too dead. Point being, if you are in Epcot, it is worth a try. I imagine that it was open to guest all day but they were keeping it hush hush enough where they had guest on it, but not bombarding them. Until the front is actually open, it will probably stay rather low-key sans communities like us.

i watched a full YouTube video of the whole process, it looks like so much fun! they're outdone themselves, truly!

Super excited to ride this later today! I've been holding off watching the POVs to try and keep the experience fresh for the first time

Just to clarify...single rider / fastpass CAN design your own car but there are only 3 available screens in which to do so. Otherwise you get to choose a premade option.

I've rewatched the video a couple of times already :lol:

Honestly, this is spectacular, it is amazing that it took Chevy and GM to fund the upgrade to make this ride what it is now, which is truly a ride with the embodiment of Epcot. Honestly this ride just took the top spot away from Soarin at the top ride at Epcot again, which isn't saying much, but this should have been the top ride for a long time already

There's a couple of things I find odd. Stuff like that volcano with the lightning bolt and the little miniature city. It just seems like random crap that looks really out of place. But everything else is great and those few things hardly take away.

There's a couple of things I find odd. Stuff like that volcano with the lightning bolt and the little miniature city. It just seems like random crap that looks really out of place. But everything else is great and those few things hardly take away.

The lightning bit is weird. But I like the city. It's a nice nod to clasic Epcot.

Screamscape posted a link to a Disney and More article in which they believe the not so subtle aesthetic similarities between Test Track 2.0 and the production design of Tron was intentionally done to try out the concept for Shanghai's Tron ride.

(12/4/12) Disney and More mentioned in their update on Test Track, what I had been thinking, but decided not to say last night. Much like now the new Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow attraction at the Hollywood Studios park is seen as lifesized “Proof of Concept” for some new technology intended for the Pirates ride going into Shanghai Disneyland, the obvious Tron inspired comparisons with the new version of Test Track is also very likely to be intentional. Think of it as a giant sandbox experiment for Disney Imagineers to test out just the right way to take park guests into the world of Tron, which is the themed of a rumored Tron Light Cycle coaster heading to Shanghai Disneyland in place of a Space Mountain. Given the videos I’ve seen so far, I think they’ve managed to capture the look of Tron perfectly within Test Track.

EDIT: From Disney Parks Blog

Peek Inside The New Test Track Presented by Chevrolet with Imagineers & Chevrolet Design​
While Test Track Presented by Chevrolet doesn’t celebrate its grand opening until later this week, Walt Disney Imagineers and Chevrolet Design have offered up an exclusive look inside the new attraction to share with you today.

ibvL3Bk7nCUJQb.jpg

The two groups, who worked together to create the reimagined attraction, recently met at Epcot to tour the nearly complete attraction. (Check out the attraction’s sleek new logo above).

iVKD5cafc13sZ.jpg

iOxMSOhkHHO3h.jpg

Here, the group checks out the new pre-show area, where guests will be introduced to the attraction’s automotive design concepts of Capability, Efficiency, Responsiveness and Power.

iQ7WSuZ02AHzH.jpg

Further along in the queue, the team tests out a touchscreen display that will give guests a sense of how they’ll create their own vehicle in the upcoming Design Studio.

iE2hDAlPA0uwq.jpg

il90Up0kOayOP.jpg

Once inside the Design Studio, they make a series of selections to create their ideal virtual custom concept vehicle. From here, they’ll board a six-passenger SimCar for a test drive to see how their own design compares to the attraction’s SimCar in Capability, Efficiency, Responsiveness and Power.

iOFEEs6qh0AbZ.jpg

ibw3A74QW3PgUy.jpg

iyNf5uLMkJAJE.jpg

From these photos, it looks like the post-show will be a blast. Here, guests can see how well their car performed, and race it over changing terrains and extreme conditions on a digital driving table. Guests can also produce and star in a TV commercial for their custom cars, explore a Chevrolet showroom that will feature the latest models, and more.

Last edited:
I rode it twice tonight using single riders and I loved it. I didn't really care for the original TT but I loved this version. I'll have some more thoughts on it later.

I have to amit that I am not even the slightest bit interested in this redo. I never cared for the original TT, and while this looks visually more interesting, the storytelling seems all over the place.

I am glad that EPCOT is getting some attention, and am also glad that this upgrade seems to hitting the right buttons with the fanbois so all is good. Just not something that I am overly interested in.

Last edited:
Why in the world would they hold the press event for this in the evening of opening day?!? I understand Fantasyland opened this morning but you don't close a ride at 3 pm on it's opening day. Very disappointing Disney...

EDIT: Better yet they closed off all of Future World East at 3... :mad:

Last edited: