The Falcon and the Winter Soldier | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This trailer finally made this thing feel like a full on Marvel film. Seems like they cleaned up some of the flight CGI too. Can’t wait.

By far the best trailer
I wouldn’t be surprised if this looks so much better because some of this footage is from the footage they shot towards the end of 2020 and they probably only recently finished post-production on that stuff.

When WandaVision premiered, they had yet to complete post-work on Episode 9, which I heard is why they decided to give us two episodes instead of three when the show debuted as that bought them an extra week to finish the finale.

Reactions: HalfGlass
Out of the three confirmed Marvel shows this year (yeah yeah more will come but we dont have dates yet) this one is the one I'm most excited for.

NO magic just some political commentary and good old cool hand to hand fights with some flying in there. Also think Zemo is going to be just if not better this time because he will have more screen time

Out of the three confirmed Marvel shows this year (yeah yeah more will come but we dont have dates yet) this one is the one I'm most excited for.

NO magic just some political commentary and good old cool hand to hand fights with some flying in there. Also think Zemo is going to be just if not better this time because he will have more screen time
I’m easily least excited for this, but doesn’t mean I’m not looking forward to it. I just have some high expectations for Loki.

But also, I’m not a big fan of the F&F franchise at all and this is giving me major F&F type vibes.

I’m easily least excited for this, but doesn’t mean I’m not looking forward to it. I just have some high expectations for Loki.

But also, I’m not a big fan of the F&F franchise at all and this is giving me major F&F type vibes.
god i hope not...this should be the semi sequel to Civil war...so god I hope not...lol

The only thing making me feel this is the forced comedic exchanges between Bucky and Sam. I don’t know if it’s the script or their chemistry, but nothing feels natural between them. I didn’t feel this way when either of them interacted with Chris Evans.

Reactions: Nick
First promotional interview i've seen with the director of the show, Kari Skogland. Noteworthy quote: "If Endgame was a fantastic otherworldly spectacle, this is the opposite". Cites Marvel's want to use the Disney+ shows to explore these characters that we know and love on a deeper level in the post-blip world.

Reactions: joelbryant11
First promotional interview i've seen with the director of the show, Kari Skogland. Noteworthy quote: "If Endgame was a fantastic otherworldly spectacle, this is the opposite". Cites Marvel's want to use the Disney+ shows to explore these characters that we know and love on a deeper level in the post-blip world.

Good with me

The best part of Wanda Vision was the music, the two main actors getting to act with so many different emotions and Visions Philosophic talks.

While I hope the last episode of this show has a cool action scene...what I want is some Vemo vs Falcon talking about morals

So this show is set after WandaVision (as that was set just weeks after Endgame), but it's set before Far From Home by about 2 months (I believe FFH was 8 months after Endgame).

I wonder if there's some story rationale (or other justification) for why all the Phase 4 stuff so far is taking place in no real chronological order at all. I'm sure the scheduling changes have played a role to some extent, but let's look at this:
  • FAR FROM HOME: 8 months post-ENDGAME.
  • Then we jump backwards 7.5 months for WANDAVISION.
  • Then we jump ahead again 6ish months for TFATWS.
  • Then we jump back five years for BLACK WIDOW.
  • With LOKI, in the most literal sense, we're heading back to (an alternate) 2012, but in a narrative sense it's directly following ENDGAME's events.
That's not a criticism. I just find it fascinating to see a major multimedia story swinging back and forth in the timeline it's established, and I wonder if there's something motivating it.

I wonder if there's some story rationale (or other justification) for why all the Phase 4 stuff so far is taking place in no real chronological order at all. I'm sure the scheduling changes have played a role to some extent, but let's look at this:
  • With LOKI, in the most literal sense, we're heading back to (an alternate) 2012, but in a narrative sense it's directly following ENDGAME's events.
That's not a criticism. I just find it fascinating to see a major multimedia story swinging back and forth in the timeline it's established, and I wonder if there's something motivating it.
Covid affected the schedule greatly. It was originally supposed to be Black Widow, Shang-chi, FatWS, Eternals, WV, Multiverse of Madness, Loki, Thor 4, etc.

Of course that still has the timeline all over the place, but that's just because we're dealing with a lot of "dead" characters in these shows. Black Widow is dead so they have to go back in order to give her a movie. Vision is dead, so it had to be right after to tell the story with him and the story of Wanda's grief. Loki is dead, so the whole concept is that it takes place in 2012 because of the Tesseract.

Last edited:
Reactions: joelbryant11
From the rumors I've read, this is the current timeline.
Black Widow: 2016
Infinity War: 2018
Shang-Chi: 2020 (based on a single set video with 2020 graffiti in it)
Endgame: October 2023
Wandavision: October/November 2023
Falcon and the Winter Soldier: April 2024
Spider-Man FFH: June 2024
Spider-Man NWH: Summer 2024-Christmas 2024 (based on set photos)
Hawkeye: Chinese New Year 2025 (based on set photos)
You can probably infer from the timeline where other shows fit in.

From the rumors I've read, this is the current timeline.
Black Widow: 2016
Infinity War: 2018
Shang-Chi: 2020 (based on a single set video with 2020 graffiti in it)
Endgame: October 2023
Wandavision: October/November 2023
Falcon and the Winter Soldier: April 2024
Spider-Man FFH: June 2024
Spider-Man NWH: Summer 2024-Christmas 2024 (based on set photos)
Hawkeye: Chinese New Year 2025 (based on set photos)
You can probably infer from the timeline where other shows fit in.
Wouldn't Black Widow be 2017 (or possibly anytime from 2016-2018 after CW and before IW?)?

Makes sense, post snap world is interesting and think most of the films will be dealing with the bigger events moving forward and the shows are there to make you care more/understand the people behind the masks more, along with being a way to get Wanda in Dr Strange 2 without another film or something

Reactions: belloq87
Very good premiere episode overall with an ending that left me practically yelling at the screen when the credits rolled because I wanted to see more.

I have to say, I’m surprised just how progressive of a take they were willing to go with here as the social/political commentary, while imo is extremely welcomed and I was very surprised to see, it’s sure to rub some people the wrong way.

I’m glad Marvel made the choices they made knowing it would be potentially controversial though. Kind of shows that with these Disney+ shows, they are willing to be much more risky than in the movies where they tend to follow a risk-averse formula.

What I really like with this show off the bat, is just how subdued it can actually get. It kind of feels refreshing not jumping instantly to one battle or the other; but rather seeing how they navigate the world around them. I'm really glad that Henry Jackman is doing the score for this series, as already it's a freaking banger.

Echoing what Nick says, I was more surprised than usual on the social/political commentaries on how The Blip would affect the world around them. And not only of the aftermath of the blip, but also to see the prejudice between others already.

It's a rather fun and bold risk, and I quite like it already. What I absolutely love in this episode, is the credits. I really like that this seems to insinuate that within every episode, we'll see a new change to the credits. I love that.

Reactions: chris.g
Have not finished it but watched more than half

I will enjoy this more than Wanda Vision.....I think that show started slow and ended to me well. But I just prefer these characters with no magic most of the times more.

The opening scene is like a love baby from Ironman 1/Winter Solider and for people thinking it would not be as interesting as Civil War/Winter Solider looks like you were wrong the villains seem very politically motivated.

Also love seeing Bucky and Sam living day to day life...it just adds to them...this show for me could end up being my favorite show of the year if its keeps this up

I love how badass they made Falcon look in the opening action sequence, too. Falcon has been in 6 movies before this, but I feel like maybe just he’s been around such bigger characters he’s never been aloud to stand out until now.

Has he always done the wings used as a shield move? For some reason I took particular note of it and it was just awesome to watch.