The Falcon and the Winter Soldier | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love how badass they made Falcon look in the opening action sequence, too. Falcon has been in 6 movies before this, but I feel like maybe just he’s been around such bigger characters he’s never been aloud to stand out until now.

Has he always done the wings used as a shield move? For some reason I took particular note of it and it was just awesome to watch.
Yeah he did it when they fought Crossbones and his squad in the first action scene in Civil War

Also just finished the Episode....this show could be just like one thing but they have two interesting heros and not just one villain but maybe two.

Along with making people who didn't want to see Sam as Captain America a reason to want him to be it now...just so dam smart

Reactions: Nick
Wasn't a big fan of the first episode. Hoping things are better written after this. It's got the right ideas but the execution and writing feels really forced so I wasn't a big fan.

I love how badass they made Falcon look in the opening action sequence, too. Falcon has been in 6 movies before this, but I feel like maybe just he’s been around such bigger characters he’s never been aloud to stand out until now.

Has he always done the wings used as a shield move? For some reason I took particular note of it and it was just awesome to watch.

I think he did that in the Lagos scene in Civil War. Once flying and once on the ground.

I’m really impressed with Kari Skogland’s directing. The visuals here are totally on par with their movies. Between her visuals and Jackman’s score, it feels just like the Russos’ Cap movies.

I agree that I’m glad that they’re going to tough places in the story. It does have a chance to cause some controversy because the protagonist/antagonist divide seems to toe the line of a very current philosophical debate the whole world has been going through. It’s going to be similar to the politics of Black Panther I think. It makes sense for this show to be the one that goes into this direction because it’s a continuation of TWS and CW, the other two of the three most political movies in the MCU.

Wasn't a big fan of the first episode. Hoping things are better written after this. It's got the right ideas but the execution and writing feels really forced so I wasn't a big fan.
If I'm not mistake this was you take away from Wanda as well....gonna be honest the MCU might never cater to you then.

Its been this for ten years and doubt the tones, Dialogue, or acting will change

If I'm not mistaken if this was your take away from Wandavision as well....gonna be honest the MCU might never cater to you then.

Its been this for ten years and doubt the tones, Dialogue, or acting will change
No I actually enjoyed Wandavision with the exception of how something in the last episode was handled. Felt it was a breath of fresh air and ultimately really dug the show.

Maybe because I was expecting this show to be more in line with Winter Soldier and Civil War in terms of tone? The emotional stuff in this first episode feels forced and kinda poorly written compared to how it's done in Winter Soldier and Civil War.

But again this can change, this is only the first episode.

Last edited:
Not gonna lied, I laughed really, really hard at this:

No I actually enjoyed Wandavision with the exception of how something in the last episode was handled. Felt it was a breath of fresh air and ultimately really dug the show.

Maybe because I was expecting this show to be more in line with Winter Soldier and Civil War in terms of tone? The emotional stuff in this first episode feels forced and kinda poorly written compared to how it's done in Winter Soldier and Civil War.

But again this can change, this is only the first episode.
I'll admit there was some small bits of dialogue I wasn't the biggest fan of (the bar scene for example), but overall I really enjoyed it and it's still only 40 minutes into the show. I feel like this was all very good set-up for the remaining 5 episodes as this episode basically laid out for you what each character is struggling with and we were introduced to multiple villains in this episode, it would seem.

I really like it. The exploration of Bucky’s PTSD and Sam struggling to accept the weight of Captain handing him the shield grounds it deeper than almost anything since the Netflix shows.

I really like it. The exploration of Bucky’s PTSD and Sam struggling to accept the weight of Captain handing him the shield grounds it deeper than almost anything since the Netflix shows.
I was thinking the same thing about it being close to the Netflix shows. We're not going to get the gore level of a Daredevil, but we don't need to. These deeper conversations and explorations of the characters are nice and it also seems like one of the main goals of the Disney+ goals right now (aside from developing underdeveloped characters), is showing how everyone is dealing with "The blip".

Also, I love that they are entrusting these series' to TV directors instead of feeling like they need to bring in movie directors for the shows. Both Matt Shakman (WandaVision) and Kari Skogland (directing this show) are absolute veterans in TV. This isn't Skogland's first Marvel show either, having directed an episode of The Punisher back in 2017 (Episode 4, Season 1). Kate Herron, who is directing Loki, is actually more of an up-and-coming director, but she's got a background in comedy in what she has done and that seems like a good choice for a Loki series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grabnar
Wyatt Russell is a perfect casting. He's both likable and douchey at the same time. Reminds me a bit of how John Cena described his Peacemaker character to be, although i'm sure that will be way more bonkers.

While I am enjoying the show through the first two episodes, it's also not overly impressing me, although this was always my least hyped Marvel show anyway (really looking forward to Loki and for some reason I feel like Hawkeye is gonna be really fun since we've never seen him shine much + Kate). I felt WandaVision, love or hate some of the choices, was a bold direction for Marvel to choose and I loved that ride all in all.

These first two episodes of TFatWS have been a lot of character development and story, which is great. I just feel like this is a show I would've enjoyed more on a binge (or at least release 2 episodes per week). This is basically one long movie and we keep getting cut off. Unlike WandaVision, it's not much of a show where there's a ton of speculation involved so far, either. I just feel like we'll all enjoy this a lot more when we can go back and watch this in one sitting, since it's almost meant to be watched that way.

Isaiah Bradly being introduced was nice, with Eli Bradly/Patriot introduced as well, y'all are crazy if you think they aren't building a Young Avengers team. We now have:

Hawkeye (Kate Bishop coming in Hawkeye)
Patriot
Wiccan & Speed (Wanda's working on them)
Miss America (She's coming in Strange 2)
Stature (Cassie Lang)
and I wouldn't be surprised if we get Hulkling in She-Hulk

Technically I don't think Ms. Marvel has been a part of a Young Avengers team before, but I could see them adding her in here.

Last edited:
I can't pinpoint why, but I'm finding this show bland and it's not keeping my attention. I want to love it but it's not connecting yet.

I can't pinpoint why, but I'm finding this show bland and it's not keeping my attention. I want to love it but it's not connecting yet.
There's a lot of exposition in this show and if the action isn't doing anything for you or especially if the comedy isn't clicking, it's not necessarily gonna work with you.

I actually think it's brilliantly written so far, but I actually couldn't care less about some of these fight sequences. That's actually where the show is losing me. I'm really enjoying the dialogue and how it's showing things from all sides. The show is smartly sort of making you understand why the flag smashers are doing what they are doing, showing us that John Walker's side as he struggles with holding the mantle of Cap and he truly tried and wanted to work with Bucky and Sam. It's also showing Bucky and Sam's perspectives.

As I said, I think this show will be a much better watch as a binge than individually.

Last edited:
I absolutely loved this second episode. That Baltimore scene was awesome. Excited for what they’re setting up for both the rest of this show and projects after.

Reactions: Nick
Loved the action again but the characters are killing it...I like the fact the new Cap isn't just a nice guy being controlled by the government or some villain. Not saying he won't do bad things but this guy isn't some black and white badguy.

Think post snap world is really interesting and a video game set during the days after the snap...and then a sequel of when the people come back would be cool. Feel its just an interesting idea

Reactions: SeventyOne
This is arguably my favorite MCU title to date, following this episode. It feels like such a leap forward for Marvel Studios, not just on subject matter; but to accomplish large scale in multiple episodes. Even more than when Mando was doing large scale set-pieces.

This episode has already cemented my love for this show. It has one of the best character driven scenes in the MCU; and the way they shine on problematic subjects is outstanding. Can't wait for more.