The Falcon and the Winter Soldier | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
John Walker is all of a sudden my most hated villain in the MCU. Absolutely screw that guy (not you Wyatt, you’re doing amazing bb)

Now that he has the serum it’s going to take a lot to take his ass down. I think Sam and Bucky will agree to team up with Karli to end him. Did you notice how the gash around his ear got bigger and bigger at the end? Could be a reference to the Red Skull.

Is the door now shut on Sam getting the serum to fully become the new Cap by the end of the show?

I could see Zemo not showing up for the rest of the show. It’s also possible that he decides to go back to Sam and Bucky once he finds out John took the serum because he’d want to help take him down.

This episode made me way more anxious than I ever thought this show would make me. Bold stuff.
I’m pretty sure Sam gets the shield by the end of next episode. Remember, we’ve seen him throwing it in the trailer. Of course, I guess the Wakandans could always make him an extra shield until they’re able to do something about Walker.

Reactions: kristenabelle
This was my favorite episode of the show so far. The extended runtime really allows us to get into the heads of all the major players.

That ending was absolutely brutal.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Great, great episode. This show does an absolutely phenomenal job with Karli, John Walker, and Zemo at playing the “grey zone”.

Like they are doing a lot of bad things, but the show is doing a good job of showing their motivations and why they are doing what they are doing.

Also:
Where the hell did Zemo go? And do you guys think Sam gets the shield back next episode after John Walker went full John Wick in public?

I do wish they would’ve shown John Walker taking the serum though.

I'm guessing next episode we'll see Zemo at the Sovokia statue that's seen in the trailer, confronted by Bucky and maybe the Dora Milaje. I have to think, he'll be back for Black Panther II. I can't see them wasting his character just yet.

Reactions: joelbryant11
I'm guessing next episode we'll see Zemo at the Sovokia statue that's seen in the trailer, confronted by Bucky and maybe the Dora Milaje. I have to think, he'll be back for Black Panther II. I can't see them wasting his character just yet.
Zemo will definitely be back after this show.

There’s supposedly a special guest that is currently unknown in next episode. I think it’s a small chance, but do you guys think there’s a chance we see Chadwick? Its been rumored one of the characters will cause an emotional response.

Reactions: SeventyOne
What an episode that was. John Walker is ruthless and now I love it. Wyatt Russell did a fantastic job on playing as Walker. And not to forget, this episode made me love Zemo even more

Im betting that Walker gets the shield taken away or he drops it, and is now passed on to Sam or Bucky. Later on, we get to see Walker become U.S Agent, with his own shield and black outfit.

This show is really leaning hard into a lot of the moral ambiguity of both military service and hero worship. I love this so much. Zemo is becoming the best Marvel villain since Warmonger.

This starting to feel like an MCU take on Watchmen. The brilliance of casting Zemo as the "Rorschach" can't be understated.

Reactions: WillQ92 and Nick
I really, really hope that by the end of this series John Walker gets his Black US Agent costume and he sticks around in some way.

Reactions: WillQ92
Feige has sort of hinted that there may be a Season 2 for this show, but isn’t saying anything yet as confirming a second season could be a spoiler. I can totally see how this show could do another season, especially since as far as we know, Sam, Bucky, etc are not in any of the upcoming movies, so another season would be a good way to keep them on screen in the mean time.

As far as potential cameos for the rest of this season, Martin Freeman’s Everett K. Ross would make a lot of sense. And it’s possible we’ll see William Hurt’s Ross in some way.

I doubt we’ll see her, but Maslany was cast as Jennifer Walters right around when this show picked up production again last fall. Could be a coincidence.

I’d like for Wakanda to take Zemo and I could see Bucky choosing to go back there to become the White Wolf after Sam becomes Cap.

As far as potential cameos for the rest of this season, Martin Freeman’s Everett K. Ross would make a lot of sense. And it’s possible we’ll see William Hurt’s Ross in some way.
I think the Shurri namedrop indicates the potential for her appearance. The mystery surrounding the Power Broker means Trevor/Ten Rings/The Mandarin could show up. The Nu Black Widow could appear. There are a lot of options, especially when you consider how much the story for the show centers around forging away from old legacies. Obviously, no one wants to assume a new character is getting introduced after WandaVision. But that show was about accepting that the past was the past. This show is about creating a new future that learns from the past.

Last edited:
I think the Shurri namedrop indicates the potential for her appearance. The mystery surrounding the Power Broker means Trevor/Ten Rings/The Mandarin could show up. The Nu Black Widow could appear. There are a lot of options, especially when you consider how much the story for the show centers around forging away from old legacies. Obviously, no one wants to assume a new character is getting introduced after WandaVision. But that show was about accepting that the past was the past. This show is about creating a new future that learns from the past.
I've definitely been going with the theory that the Power Broker is The Mandarin, especially since he likes to make a fuss out of himself. It also has a chance to work as a perfect tie-in to Shang-Chi.

With leaks going around for Nu BW being in Hawkeye, I can definitely see a scenario to where we see Florence in an end-credits, perhaps with Bucky.

Power Broker is on two beliefs for me as of now: The first being the obvious, Power Broker is The Mandarin. I don't think there needs to be as much of an explanation to why I'd think that, because @Nick summed it up nicely. That said, if Daredevil and Jessica Jones are being rebooted in the sense to be integrated into the MCU better..i mean, one person comes to mind for me. And I would actually say a case, for David Tennant to pop back up as Purple Man, using the Power Broker alias as a cover.

Purple Man would be an interesting villain to bring back up, more so as an overarching villain for the sake of the MCU's TV shows, especially if they borrow small elements here and there from the JJ Netflix series. I would understand why if they can't, due to the timing of the relapse back, but I kind of hope they find a way to bring Tennant (And D'nofrio) back as their villains for when they're tackled again.

With leaks going around for Nu BW being in Hawkeye, I can definitely see a scenario to where we see Florence in an end-credits, perhaps with Bucky.

Power Broker is on two beliefs for me as of now: The first being the obvious, Power Broker is The Mandarin. I don't think there needs to be as much of an explanation to why I'd think that, because @Nick summed it up nicely. That said, if Daredevil and Jessica Jones are being rebooted in the sense to be integrated into the MCU better..i mean, one person comes to mind for me. And I would actually say a case, for David Tennant to pop back up as Purple Man, using the Power Broker alias as a cover.

Purple Man would be an interesting villain to bring back up, more so as an overarching villain for the sake of the MCU's TV shows, especially if they borrow small elements here and there from the JJ Netflix series. I would understand why if they can't, due to the timing of the relapse back, but I kind of hope they find a way to bring Tennant (And D'nofrio) back as their villains for when they're tackled again.
I loved Tennet in Daredevil, but if anyone besides Charlie Cox is going to come back from the Netflix series, then I really want to see D'nofrio back as Kingpin.

I feel like that's unlikely for *this show* though as didn't the Netflix contracts only just end in the fall when they were finishing up filming in Czech Republic? Something like that would've had to have been planned out ahead of time and they were already expecting to have not only wrapped shooting, but had the show airing during that timeframe.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I mean, the obvious Power Broker is Sharon. She would have connected with Flag Smashers because no political borders means can return to the US, and her experience in SHIELD working with Steve gives her extra incentive to want the serum. And, obviously, she’s doing well financially for herself in Madripoor.

I mean, the obvious Power Broker is Sharon. She would have connected with Flag Smashers because no political borders means can return to the US, and her experience in SHIELD working with Steve gives her extra incentive to want the serum. And, obviously, she’s doing well financially for herself in Madripoor.

Honestly--I'd argue that'd be a cheap move. Especially if it's a character that Zemo would've known before Civil War (he is royalty and a baron), meaning if Sharon was even the Power Broker, then she doesn't add up.

I loved Tennet in Daredevil, but if anyone besides Charlie Cox is going to come back from the Netflix series, then I really want to see D'nofrio back as Kingpin.

I feel like that's unlikely for *this show* though as didn't the Netflix contract's only just end in the fall when they were finishing up filming in Czech Republic? Something like that would've had to have been planned out ahead of time and they were already expecting to have not only wrapped shooting, but had the show airing during that timeframe.

With the rumors of Krysten coming back for She-Hulk, I think incorporating Jessica Jones characters isn't far off the beaten path. There's also a benefit that because Falcon and The Winter Soldier got delayed, they could work around this and plan ahead of time to ensure that it bypasses the date of which the rights rescinded back to Marvel Studios. It's unlikely, sure. But I have to think if it's someone major for the long term, that'd surprise people; incorporating Tennant would be a big one.

To me, it seems like Sharon is well-connected to the Power Broker, possibly his top-agent, but I don't think it's actually her. I believe in the most recent episode, she referred to the Power Broker as "he".