The Falcon and the Winter Soldier | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For a simple reason: We don't need to start the X-Men now. Introduce the Mutants slowly, have them appear over time and gradually. i'd assume that Young Avengers has been on the pipeline for some time, regardless of the Fox deal.
End Game is the first time we really see them ramping up for it and thats because of the actress change

Wanda Kids are Phase 4, Hawkeye Phase 4
I'm not saying Xmen need to come now I want a slow build up but with Secrets Wars...the New Avengers...GOTG most likely changing up after the last film, the Eternals and at some point soonish Fantastic 4...its just alot and wish they were saved for ten years down the line when we miss some of these heroes and want the kids to take over.

For a simple reason: We don't need to start the X-Men now. Introduce the Mutants slowly, have them appear over time and gradually. i'd assume that Young Avengers has been on the pipeline for some time, regardless of the Fox deal.
Yup.

Kevin Feige said in 2018/19 that he had a five-year plan that didn’t involve the X-Men and he wasn’t changing. Likely no X-Men until 2023 at the absolute earliest or 2024.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Yup.

Kevin Feige said in 2018/19 that he had a five-year plan that didn’t involve the X-Men and he wasn’t changing. Likely no X-Men until 2023 at the absolute earliest or 2024.
Honestly, I see similar to the rumors--a standalone Mutants film that doesn't have any established connection to the X-Men or Mysterio. I see it focusing on Wanda after Multiverse of Madness, trying to recover from whatever happens with the Scarlett Witch and finding out that because of her actions; the entire world has shifted due to the creation of Mutants.

Deadpool 3 should also help fill the gap too, especially if they use that as a starting point for Wolverine.

End Game is the first time we really see them ramping up for it and thats because of the actress change

Wanda Kids are Phase 4, Hawkeye Phase 4
I'm not saying Xmen need to come now I want a slow build up but with Secrets Wars...the New Avengers...GOTG most likely changing up after the last film, the Eternals and at some point soonish Fantastic 4...its just alot and wish they were saved for ten years down the line when we miss some of these heroes and want the kids to take over.

This would be something that'd likely be filed and settled since 2018, when Endgame was in production. I'm honestly not too sure that Scott's daughter will even be apart of Young Avengers. Considering they already got a varied lineup for the next wave of Avengers with Young Avengers.

This would be something that'd likely be filed and settled since 2018, when Endgame was in production. I'm honestly not too sure that Scott's daughter will even be apart of Young Avengers. Considering they already got a varied lineup for the next wave of Avengers with Young Avengers.
I mean, Cassie/Stature is a part of the Young Avengers in the comics.

Honestly, I see similar to the rumors--a standalone Mutants film that doesn't have any established connection to the X-Men or Mysterio. I see it focusing on Wanda after Multiverse of Madness, trying to recover from whatever happens with the Scarlett Witch and finding out that because of her actions; the entire world has shifted due to the creation of Mutants.

Deadpool 3 should also help fill the gap too, especially if they use that as a starting point for Wolverine.

If they aged her up not to use her...then I'd be even more upset. You stopped using the other actress why then?

Rumors since Antman one was her taking up the mantle after Scotts character was done with his arc. So we will see, I trust Marvel just weird we might see them before Fantastic 4...I just want them to finally make a good film..lol

Back on Subject it will be interesting to see where this new Captain America lands....considering we know Abomination is coming back I wounder if this new guy becomes a super hero by the end only to end up as a "villain" on the governments own team

Back on Subject it will be interesting to see where this new Captain America lands....considering we know Abomination is coming back I wounder if this new guy becomes a super hero by the end only to end up as a "villain" on the governments own team
I think that we could see an arc where they are enemies (and almost fighting a civil war instead of the true enemy) until they need each other in the finale. I think ultimately John Walker will give up the shield.

I think that we could see an arc where they are enemies (and almost fighting a civil war instead of the true enemy) until they need each other in the finale. I think ultimately John Walker will give up the shield.
We will see, at some point we needs "villains" teaming up to be threats. Especially with how many hero's we have

So be interesting to see if he is a hero....middle ground....or villain by the end of this.

I think once Zemo turns (and yes, I think Zemo is going to be in an allied partnership on removing the new Supersoldiers); John will give the shield to Falcon. Either by trial by combat or by John nearly dying.

We will see, at some point we needs "villains" teaming up to be threats. Especially with how many hero's we have

So be interesting to see if he is a hero....middle ground....or villain by the end of this.
I think that's also a possibility. If he goes full on US Agent, I can see him teaming up with the Flag Smasher side of things and then you have Bucky and Isaiah as two super soldiers to fight against them and Falcon and Eli to assist in tactical areas.

I think that's also a possibility. If he goes full on US Agent, I can see him teaming up with the Flag Smasher side of things and then you have Buck and Isaiah as two super soldiers to fight against them and Falcon and Eli to assist in tactical areas.
Yeah, my fingers are crossed Nuke comes into the MCU...he started off well in Jessica then they just killed him off for no reason.

But I would be down for an annoying group of government agents who aren't bad...just not real hero's

But I would be down for an annoying group of government agents who aren't bad...just not real hero's
I would classify the direction I see them headed in as people who aren't necessarily bad people. John Walker doesn't necessarily seem like a bad guy and the Flag Smasher girl also seemed to have a specific reason for heading down this path. But the flag smashers (among many others) had to fight to survive for five years during the blip. John Walker is a trained soldier (something Steve never was), so he's going to be Captain America the way HE thinks the job should be done.

I think those two sides working together by the end makes a lot of sense.

I would classify the direction I see them headed in as people who aren't necessarily bad people. John Walker doesn't necessarily seem like a bad guy and the Flag Smasher girl also seemed to have a specific reason for heading down this path. But the flag smashers (among many others) had to fight to survive for five years during the blip. John Walker is a trained soldier (something Steve never was), so he's going to be Captain America the way HE thinks the job should be done.

I think those two sides working together by the end makes a lot of sense.
They could but im also open to him becoming an Antagonist like Wanda.

Hell is paved with good intentions

They could but im also open to him becoming an Antagonist like Wanda.

Hell is paved with good intentions
That's sort of what i'm saying. If he becomes a villain (which I think is probably inevitable), it'll be because he thinks he's doing the right thing based on what he knows as a soldier.

When you can say that each episode is "The best", you know you're doing something right. And someone pointed this out, but it's probably because, you have freaking Derek Kolstad aoart if this.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Idk if I would call this episode the best yet (I still liked last week's episode the most), but all are on a high bar. I really like the direction all of the characters are taking and this truly feels like a sequel to Civil War 7 years later (by MCU time).

I definitely wasn't expecting anyone from Wakanda to show up in this series, so Ayo being there was a big surprise. Could lead to interesting things going forward.

Last edited:
So so so good. I see why they wanted to lead off with this one.

Imagine if we had D+ back in 2016 and they made Civil War as an 8 hour series
It's much better done this way where it's a more grounded sequel to that movie years later. It wouldn't have worked if they had done it all at one time anyway. It feels much more earned, at least in the sense of Zemo being in prison for 5 years made this all feel more like a natural story progression.

Reactions: SeventyOne