The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know this is a derail, but… were the bands really there? I was at MG for two weeks and didn’t see them listed on any schedules, in the ap, or in any write-ups - did I totally miss them somehow? That would be upsetting.

I wonder why Vamos doesn’t seem to be included on the ap map. I wanted to see them but assumed they weren’t performing.

They usually were with the performers around NY until they left for the parade, and the band usually preceded the parade by about 5-10 min.

Last edited:
Reactions: Casper Gutman
Dang.. I got 15 pages of discussion to sift thru from today. Welcome back, fam.

Bittersweet news. On the one hand, I'm like... why did they bother reopening it? :lmao: But then on the other hand, glad I got to experience it one last time as I'm not sure if I'll make it back by 5/9.

Safe passage back to your world, PF. You've done well.

They usually were with the performers around NY until they left for the parade, and the band usually preceded the parade by about 5-10 min.

Thanks for responding. I wonder if this is an in-house band - the only previous MG I'd attended made a big deal in the brochures and other PR material of listing the details of which "authentic" band was there each week, their background, etc,

I guess I need to trust the show listing on the ap less.

I would very much Zelda get a substantially larger plot than this at EU than being shoehorned into IOA but if this is the only way we get Zelda, I'm very happy. I think the potential Zelda has for this area is tremendous.

I do think someone mentioned 7 acres being too small while I agree...this could be another example of vertically building similar to SNW where the land can be multiple levels

They’re a local Orlando band

Has it been them throughout the entire run? I haven't really done the event since Feb.

Thanks for responding. I wonder if this is an in-house band - the only previous MG I'd attended made a big deal in the brochures and other PR material of listing the details of which "authentic" band was there each week, their background, etc,

I guess I need to trust the show listing on the ap less.

I'm guessing it was a Post-COVID change to rely on more local bands for longer periods of time.

Here’s a dumb question I’ve been thinking about since last night. Say the whole land eventually closes. Do you just keep the main pathway open to Hogsmeade while construction is happening on either side?
I’m not sure how regular ops were back when Hogsmeade opened, but I remember going to grad bash in 2010 right before it did. They still had dueling dragons open and you basically had to walk through a long covered tunnel to get to the ride, I even remember seeing fire and ice signs covering what would eventually be the Chinese fireball and Hungarian horntail signs as if it had already been themed to HP just hiding the fact. Not sure if they did for the full entirety of Hogsmeade construction, but if they kept it open throughout, I could definitely see lost continent “closing” but still being able to use the pathway to get to and from, just very drab to go through.

Behind the scenes Conversation overheard at a USO Executive meeting: " Yeah, sure, we can cut lots and lots of entertainment/shows now, stretch out re-openings of their replacements for a couple of years, and we'll save a ton of money on operational/entertainment costs.
We're making astronomically high record profits now that are carrying the theme park division, while Beijing loses a ton and Osaka just gets by. But these cuts will make our bottom line even better, our reps with Comcast great, and our bonuses way higher. And the beauty of it all is that we have Epic sitting there as our perfect excuse. The rubes are buying it and we can laugh to the bank until Epic opens." :smirk::devil: Of course, I made this up, but it sure as hell might be real. When your new Pres. has a trail of entertainment cuts as her MO, warning signals flash.

Last edited:
Dang.. I got 15 pages of discussion to sift thru from today. Welcome back, fam.

Bittersweet news. On the one hand, I'm like... why did they bother reopening it? :lmao: But then on the other hand, glad I got to experience it one last time as I'm not sure if I'll make it back by 5/9.

Safe passage back to your world, PF. You've done well.

Honestly, the "why bother reopening" was my first thought. Spent money on refurbishing and getting it ready only to close it a few months later. I have felt that area was a little underdeveloped, especially after poor Dueling Dragons were absorbed into HP and then taken out (although Hagrid's is a better ride by far than they were though I did enjoy riding Dragons). So, I am curious what comes into that area. One of six lands will now just be a great restaurant and some pretty scenery until the new experiences are finally added.

I know all signs point towards Zelda, but I have a feeling this isn't Zelda.

It's probably something like "Kung Fu Panda and the Temple of Destiny" and be a mash-up of Posidon's and DreamWorks Theater in Hollywood. For a Summer '24 opening.
I think KFP is already rumored to be a part of the Kidzone re-do. I think it’s 1,000% Zelda and just a matter of when, not if.

I know all signs point towards Zelda, but I have a feeling this isn't Zelda.

It's probably something like "Kung Fu Panda and the Temple of Destiny" and be a mash-up of Posidon's and DreamWorks Theater in Hollywood. For a Summer '24 opening.

I also am on this page. Not exactly KFP, but something along the lines of a new show using the Poseidon system.

I know we’ve seen them do crazy things, but they just installed a new AC system last month. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but a big CapEx like that probably wouldn’t get approved if it was going to meet a bull dozer a month later

Reactions: Mad Dog
I also am on this page. Not exactly KFP, but something along the lines.

They just installed a new AC system last month. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but a big CapEx like that probably wouldn’t get approved if it was going to meet a bull dozer a month later
A new AC system is peanuts for this company.

EDIT: If this was being done for a quick changeover to something else without actual construction, it would have never reopened after the recent refurbishment. Let's really think about this.

Last edited:
I also am on this page. Not exactly KFP, but something along the lines of a new show using the Poseidon system.

I know we’ve seen them do crazy things, but they just installed a new AC system last month. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but a big CapEx like that probably wouldn’t get approved if it was going to meet a bull dozer a month later
What if they installed that hoping it would correct long-standing issues, but it didn’t?