The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Or it’s neither of these options and leaks out of UC have been pretty tight since 2020.
Yep not just Universal ambit Disney as well a lot of rumors and leaks seem to have dried up.
Honestly I am hoping, albeit I'm not expecting it, for LOTR. I do love Zelda, Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite games of all time, but I feel the GP does not know this character to the degree of Mario, Luigi, Peach....Will the movie change perception I guess we will see. I know I'm totally in the minority here so shred me if you must lol.
I agree with this they need to keep the Nintendo properties to one park. Give me LOTR at IOA and it feel likes a more natural evolution from Lost Continent.

I'm all for Zelda replacing Lost Continent but I do think it would be nice to see post-Potter Universal try another original land. I know we're getting the hub at Epic Universe but I mean something that's more than just a walkthrough to more important areas.

On a related note... is there any room for Space Fantasy in the hub?
They’re literally already building a spruce themed roller coaster in the hub

Reactions: shiekra38
Lord of the Rings warrants much more than 7 acres so that's a non-starter. More realistic non-Zelda options are Beijing's Waterworld land or a DreamWorks IP that isn't going to be featured in KidZone, and of those options I think Zelda fits IOA best and has the most merch material (short of maybe Shrek, which is almost certainly coming to KidZone).

Yep not just Universal ambit Disney as well a lot of rumors and leaks seem to have dried up.

I agree with this they need to keep the Nintendo properties to one park. Give me LOTR at IOA and it feel likes a more natural evolution from Lost Continent.
Remaining LC is itty bitty compared to the plot LOTR is rumored to get at EU

I will say, expanding upon my prior point, IOA desperately needs a show as well so if a non-Zelda option were to bring that, like Waterworld + a flat ride, I think that'd work too. You could also fit a Kung Fu Panda land in there pretty easily if Madagascar ends up going into KidZone instead. But as biased as I am, I think Zelda is the most natural evolution of that area aesthetically and would have the benefits of spreading out SNW crowds, being able to retain Mythos, and could even bridge the aesthetic between Seuss Landing and Hogsmeade pretty perfectly. If they spring for something else though, that wouldn't be a massive shock or misstep.

Reactions: OrlLover and Jwhee
Once again, I'd like to point out the double standard...no one's outraged that Uni is closing its last original attraction for something IP.

I will very much miss PF, as it was criminally underrated by GP and fans alike. It actually beats Forbidden Journey in my IOA attraction rankings at this point (tied with Hagrid's).

Is anything actually planned for replacement? They love having the Sinbad area as a holding queue for Hagrid's.

1) Universal isn't Disney
2) Universal is spending hundreds of millions of dollars on new original concept attractions in a new original concept land in Epic Universe. I said what I said.

I for one think Universal should not build a land based off a series who's most recent game sold 30 million copies on a single system, who has 20+ critically acclaimed games that defined the gaming industry and made marks on different generations, who's owner has an extremely good relationship with the company, and which would replace one of the least popular lands in an Orlando theme park, a spot that isn't big enough to support an A-list IP but is just big enough to support an elaborate indoor dark ride that IOA absolutely needs more of. They should be focusing on major draws like Jason Bourne, the Tonight Show, and Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

Lord of the Rings warrants much more than 7 acres so that's a non-starter.

LOTR has never been planned for Lost Continent anyway.

1) Universal isn't Disney
2) Universal is spending hundreds of millions of dollars on new original concept attractions in a new original concept land in Epic Universe. I said what I said.

LOTR has never been planned for Lost Continent anyway.

Not going to further argue on point #1. Point #2, I know you're talking about the Hub but if DU has similarities to LC as hinted, I should be happy.

After firing on all cylinders and consistently pummeling the mouse, the resort’s approach seemed to change after the pandemic.

So I wanted to come back to this specific statement. This is untrue and basically goes against what we can see in Fallon, F&F, VB, and other threads on this forum. People were decrying screens, then Universal opened up two killer rollercoasters. Universal opened VB too early. Fallon was just mid since it opened. F&F is a complete mistake.

You're trying to ignore history to do... whatever this is?

Any chance the land is themed to Billie Eilish?

Yes. Dr Dolittle is replacing Seuss and Wicked is replacing MSHI.

It’s actually themed to The Weeknd and will be the best land at UOR.
*Iron Maiden

You'll like the Celestial Gardens.
Oh yeah they should be pretty--it could feel like an actual park. I'm okay with the attractions being a carousel and roller coasters, even if I think there needs to be a lift hill coaster thrown in the mix.

Can we please stop bringing up the idea and rumor that Legend of Zelda is going to take over Poseidon's Fury/Lost Continent?!?! That rumor was likely killed in the pandemic, IOA already has a castle-esque building (Hogwarts), and changing LC would be doom for Myhtos Restaurant, which is very popular.

Can we please stop bringing up the idea and rumor that Legend of Zelda is going to take over Poseidon's Fury/Lost Continent?!?! That rumor was likely killed in the pandemic, IOA already has a castle-esque building (Hogwarts), and changing LC would be doom for Myhtos Restaurant, which is very popular.
But it's literally the concept we know they've developed concepts for in that area? And I remember reading that Nintendo expansion may have been put on hold so they could see whether it would be successful, which makes the timeline match up pretty well

It's a legitimate rumor.