The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have the feeling Simpsons has at least a couple more years of life left before it goes to the great theme park in the sky. If the 2028 end date still stands, I could see the ride in USH closing in 2026 so Universal can start construction on a substantial replacement so they can have a new attraction to market and promote alongside the 2028 Olympics.

Yes, that is what I'm speculating :
Open FF in 2024/25
Close mummy in 2024/25
Open DK in 2026
Open mummy replacement in 2026
Close Simpsons in 2026
Open Simpsons replacement in 2028

• Wow
Reactions: KlownzNskullZ
Yes, that is what I'm speculating :
Open FF in 2024/25
Close mummy in 2024/25
Open DK in 2026
Open mummy replacement in 2026
Close Simpsons in 2026
Open Simpsons replacement in 2028
add about 5/7 years to all of them and then its accurate, universal works in decades sometimes.

add about 5/7 years to all of them and then its accurate, universal works in decades sometimes.
I don't really see Mummy closing in the 2024 to 2025 timeframe. But I can see DK being the 2026 addition and Simpsons going down shortly before or after as they can afford to lose a single ride as they would have just gotten a whole new land/SNW expansion and guests will be flocking to it. Since all we have to work off of is a 2028 end date for Simpsons, @Freak once mentioned over on the BTTF forum he thinks the 20 year contract would mean something like the opening date in May 2008 to May 2028. If that is indeed the case, they would want some new major addition in 2028 in time for the sheer amount of tourism that will descend for the Olympics.

I don't really see Mummy closing in the 2024 to 2025 timeframe. But I can see DK being the 2026 addition and Simpsons going down shortly before or after as they can afford to lose a single ride as they would have just gotten a whole new land/SNW expansion and guests will be flocking to it. Since all we have to work off of is a 2028 end date for Simpsons, @Freak once mentioned over on the BTTF forum he thinks the 20 year contract would mean something like the opening date in May 2008 to May 2028. If that is indeed the case, they would want some new major addition in 2028 in time for the sheer amount of tourism that will descend for the Olympics.
I agree I see simpsons ride leaving within this decade. and I can see 2028 happening. I also can see them removing the simpsons ride and leaving krustyland. maybe replacing the simpsons ride with a generic themed ride similar to what they new park is doing with that star racer roller coaster. But yeah, as far as mummy goes, Its never leaving. its like our E.T

My guess is that the show building for a Simpsons replacement will expand more forwards towards the current entrance plaza where the Kwik E Mart and carnival games are so they can avoid some of the eroding problems plaguing the current structure. Would also enable them to create a medium to large scale dark ride which is what I have my money on based on the current direction Uni has been going in. And if (big if) the studio tour moves to the lower lot or becomes an upcharged experience (I believe I heard that was asked about in a survey that went out not too long ago) they can expand the building over the hill for something even larger. Based on the plot of land I think we can rule out a trackless ride as most of them like Rat have much larger showbuildings than the Simpsons plot at USH. The size of the plot will enable them to do a far bigger ride than SLOP so that would take out an omnimover. (But who knows maybe they will still use one) The three ride systems I can see them use would be a SCOOP ride, the stacked dark ride patent I mentioned a while back on this thread, or maybe something like a larger scale version of Web Slingers or TSMM. As for IP I see this becoming either a WB IP assuming this rumored deal with WBD and NBCU is legit and goes through, or with the Pokemon company if they decide to extent the contract to other Universal parks if the first ride gets a good reception at USJ.

Reactions: joerodriguez
My guess is that the show building for a Simpsons replacement will expand more forwards towards the current entrance plaza where the Kwik E Mart and carnival games are so they can avoid some of the eroding problems plaguing the current structure. Would also enable them to create a medium to large scale dark ride which is what I have my money on based on the current direction Uni has been going in. And if (big if) the studio tour moves to the lower lot or becomes an upcharged experience (I believe I heard that was asked about in a survey that went out not too long ago) they can expand the building over the hill for something even larger. Based on the plot of land I think we can rule out a trackless ride as most of them like Rat have much larger showbuildings than the Simpsons plot at USH. The size of the plot will enable them to do a far bigger ride than SLOP so that would take out an omnimover. (But who knows maybe they will still use one) The three ride systems I can see them use would be a SCOOP ride, the stacked dark ride patent I mentioned a while back on this thread, or maybe something like a larger scale version of Web Slingers or TSMM. As for IP I see this becoming either a WB IP assuming this rumored deal with WBD and NBCU is legit and goes through, or with the Pokemon company if they decide to extent the contract to other Universal parks if the first ride gets a good reception at USJ.
fetchimage

Just using some guess work on what I think a Simpsons replacement could be based on Universal's recent additions. But either way based on their recent track record and direction they are taking that parks in, I am sure it will be great.

Formatting be a hell of a thing.

Assuming if they only go as far as to the entrance of the ride, they could go for .8 acres to the amount; if it's going to be a raze and infastructural redoing for that plaza. Enough land for a ride like Secret Life of Pets: Off The Leash, or even a live show like a Terminator 2 3D USH Edition.

1681702880938.png

Just really depends on how much land is Hollywood Drift going to take from the hillside closer to the Starway IMO.

Reactions: TheUniC6
Formatting be a hell of a thing.

Assuming if they only go as far as to the entrance of the ride, they could go for .8 acres to the amount; if it's going to be a raze and infastructural redoing for that plaza. Enough land for a ride like Secret Life of Pets: Off The Leash, or even a live show like a Terminator 2 3D USH Edition.

View attachment 18721

Just really depends on how much land is Hollywood Drift going to take from the hillside closer to the Starway IMO.
Any dark ride would be far bigger than SLOP. I am really hoping that if conditions align, they expand backwards and go over the hill. That way that depending on how much space Hollywood Drift eats up to the left of Simpsons, the replacement can still be just as large

If the studio tour moves to the lower lot or becomes an up charged experience away from USH, wouldn't another possibility be that the Simpsons Plot and former tram load and unload area becomes one large attraction? I say that has whatever it going in IOA to replace Zelda could possibly take out both the Symbad arena and PF and maybe the ride system could be cloned to USH albeit with a different theme.

If the studio tour moves to the lower lot or becomes an up charged experience away from USH, wouldn't another possibility be that the Simpsons Plot and former tram load and unload area becomes one large attraction? I say that has whatever it going in IOA to replace Zelda could possibly take out both the Symbad arena and PF and maybe the ride system could be cloned to USH albeit with a different theme.

What?

Reactions: chris.g
To clarify on the NBCU Evolution plan thread for USH other posters think that down the Line USH will relocate the tram tour stop away from the upper lot so they can use it for theme park expansion. Because of the positioning of the current tram stop on the upper lot I think one of the things that could go in the spot would be a large scale showbuilding.

They’ll probably want to use that real estate to expand to where Supercharged and Nope sets currently stand. Don’t think they’ll waste it on a show building

They’ll probably want to use that real estate to expand to where Supercharged and Nope sets currently stand. Don’t think they’ll waste it on a show building
Supercharged and Nope are a bit away near Falls lake. So by that logic the tram stop as well as Falls Lake will be turned into themed lands? If the tram stop gets turned into a land my guess is it would be akin to SNW where they have theming the block out the back of FJ.

Supercharged and Nope are a bit away near Falls lake. So by that logic the tram stop as well as Falls Lake will be turned into themed lands? If the tram stop gets turned into a land my guess is it would be akin to SNW where they have theming the block out the back of FJ.
Nope replaced a section of the Falls Lake plot…

Was playing around with Google earth and I measured the square footage of the Simpsons plot and the surrounding areas of the plot if they wanted to go beyond the current boundaries of the building and even expand over the hill. Depending on how much they want to use USH has up to about 102,889-117,876 square feet at their disposal. that is bigger than the TDS Peter Pan showbuilding and about on par with or even succeeds the DL MMRR showbuilding. Though how much they expand outwards will depend on where they intend on putting the support structures for F&F and if they are able to reroute the tram route and other crucial things that runs alongside the road of the current Simpsons plot like the fire station.

There have been rumors that recently cropped up recently that as part of Spiderman leaving USJ that an extension of the Simpsons rights was made in the deal. If this is indeed true, I wonder how the Simpsons will be used in the Universal parks. I don't believe that Universal wants to pour any more money into the current ride which feels like it is clearly on it's last legs. Maybe The Simpsons get some sort of dark ride in place of it? On the USF Simpsons thread a Treehouse of Horror type of dark ride was proposed. Maybe that is the direction Universal goes with the Simpsons if they are indeed staying?