The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ve never understood the rumors of putting theme park attractions where Supercharged/Nope is. First, there’s some drastic elevation changes, second- wouldn’t it be one hell of a walk to get there?

There have been rumors that recently cropped up recently that as part of Spiderman leaving USJ that an extension of the Simpsons rights was made in the deal. If this is indeed true, I wonder how the Simpsons will be used in the Universal parks. I don't believe that Universal wants to pour any more money into the current ride which feels like it is clearly on it's last legs. Maybe The Simpsons get some sort of dark ride in place of it? On the USF Simpsons thread a Treehouse of Horror type of dark ride was proposed. Maybe that is the direction Universal goes with the Simpsons if they are indeed staying?
Simpsons roller coaster?

Reactions: chris.g
I’ve never understood the rumors of putting theme park attractions where Supercharged/Nope is. First, there’s some drastic elevation changes, second- wouldn’t it be one hell of a walk to get there?
One option that could come to mind, IU even brought it up when discussing options for the sake of Diagon (in an article they wrote a while back) is that there could be some option that’d work of doing Hogwarts Express, using the current Tram plaza as the Hogsmeade station and then to have the trains travel down towards Falls Lake for a Diagon expansion.

Once again I think the article was back in 2016, so understandably a lot of time has passed. And even if they were to entertain the option, I doubt they’d want Escape From Gringotts due to its nature.

__

Also @TheUniC6:

They should just keep the Krustyland theme if Simpsons Ride ever goes. A dark ride would be cool, something trackless would fit. They don’t even need the actual family at this point, they all sound like they’re about to die anyways.

Maybe they could dust off the original trackless dark ride plans for SLoP and use the ride system for that? I could see it work.
FYcox5uWQAAzk_2.jpg

I'm still in the camp the land will close when the contract does.

If it doesn't cool, I don't care for the ride (its not bad but the loading/Q is soooo slow) but people are willing to wait 50-90 mins for it, cool gets them out of lines for other things and I do love the one Upstairs room in Krusty Burger but I'm still in the mindset that Universal has more then enough IPs to not have to pay Disney for this one IP.