The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Heck, most of Disneyland's and MK's attractions are older than Simpsons/BTF...That said, it'll get replaced someday, but they need the capacity, so I'd guess they'll keep it running for a while.

I mean we joke but while it could stay I think they get a good contract from Disney but even then by that time they will know if Nintendo is worth it or not and if Potter is still a big enough draw, plus Shrek will be out after that along with the kids theme park. I feel like they will weigh all options but bet it gets replaced they just have too many Ips to choose from to want to keep simpsons

I mean we joke but while it could stay I think they get a good contract from Disney but even then by that time they will know if Nintendo is worth it or not and if Potter is still a big enough draw, plus Shrek will be out after that along with the kids theme park. I feel like they will weigh all options but bet it gets replaced they just have too many Ips to choose from to want to keep simpsons
I would also throw out the possibility of a WB IP if the merger happens next year. If NBCU is thinking about acquiring WBD I bet Universal Creative are considering what IPs they can use in the parks and how.

There’s literally no talks about this being replaced even within this decade lol I wonder what will happen 10+ years from now at this park.

There’s literally no talks about this being replaced even within this decade lol I wonder what will happen 10+ years from now at this park.
Due to the condition of the USH Simpsons Ride building it's going to have to come down at some point in the near future. I think the reasons why we have not heard any rumors of a Simpsons replacement is Universal has a lot on their plate in the short term, From F&F, EU, DK at USH and USJ, and Villain Con. Once EU is up and running and all of the current projects I listed before EU and EU itself are completed Universal will start drawing up replacements for the Simpsons at both USF and USH.

While we don't know what IP USH will choose to replace The Simpsons with, I have at least come up with types of ride systems they could use based on the plot of land even if they don't expand over the hill. On a side note I also think that whatever ride replaces Simpsons will extend over the current boardwalk plaza area to avoid possible eroding in the future. In the past I have proposed a Midway Mania style attraction, but would the Simpsons plot (if the expand over the current hill) be to big for a attraction on the scale of Midway Mania or Web Slingers or could they take the concept of those two rides and make it bigger? Another option would be to do a trackless family dark ride that would be USH's take on Runaway Railway. This could also be interactive kinda like one of the original trackless concepts for Villain Con at USF. Or finally they could do another SCOOP ride like Transformers. Would any of these ride systems sound likely?

While I'd love a real SImpsons ride....I just can't let my hopes get high. I'd be soooo surprised if they wanted to keep this area and promote a rival when they need to redo the ride anyway.

I feel like if and when the Mario Movie makes a billion and they green lite the rumored other Nintendo movies I feel like it will be hard for Universal not to want to have tie in lands that are toward their IPs or Potter/Nintendo Ips

While I'd love a real SImpsons ride....I just can't let my hopes get high. I'd be soooo surprised if they wanted to keep this area and promote a rival when they need to redo the ride anyway.

I feel like if and when the Mario Movie makes a billion and they green lite the rumored other Nintendo movies I feel like it will be hard for Universal not to want to have tie in lands that are toward their IPs or Potter/Nintendo Ips
Yeah, I'm starting to think that the days of licensed IP in the parks (other than Nintendo, Potter, and HHN) are over. Universal has enough to keep them going for a while. Universal Monsters, DreamWorks, Illumination, Fast and Furious, Potter, and Nintendo is a pretty big library of IP to pick from. Why make a new licensing deal with another company?

Yeah, I'm starting to think that the days of licensed IP in the parks (other than Nintendo, Potter, and HHN) are over. Universal has enough to keep them going for a while. Universal Monsters, DreamWorks, Illumination, Fast and Furious, Potter, and Nintendo is a pretty big library of IP to pick from. Why make a new licensing deal with another company?
Not to mention the remaining IPs to license from are already bought out by Disney. Lol

See this wasn't deleted so I am gonna bring up in asking but: is there a chance that...F&F might not be themed to F&F? And instead if as @Chris Galindo seemingly thinks; maybe the coaster could be themed to The Simpsons as an expansion to the land?

Would mean Disney has to be aware of the project on a sightline level; and would mean it'd be the land's secondary attraction like how USF has Kang and Kodos.

Last edited:
So over on the future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield for USF for those who don't follow that thread, several ideas were kicked around for a replacement that may or may not be cloned at both parks or even happen. One was Universal's take on a great movie ride that would have been either an omnimover or used the SCOOP vehicle. But the more probable option was something for Pokemon. If Pokemon were to be replacement for Simpsons, what type of ride system should they use? If they did a SCOOP vehicle it would be nice if USF and USH got something unique vs the reskin of Spiderman in USJ. If Pokemon gets good reviews at USJ, do you think we will start to her rumors about it making its way state side?

I get the feeling USH will just do a cheap reskin of Springfield into a generic LA street to fit the theme to fast and furious. Lard Lad becomes Randy's donuts, Krusty becomes In and Out burger, Moe's become Tam O'shanters, etc. Don't know what they'll do with the Simpsons ride, but I love the idea of a Great Universal movie dark ride that was mentioned here, that would be great fit for the LA theme.

Reactions: Jamesh22
I get the feeling USH will just do a cheap reskin of Springfield into a generic LA street to fit the theme to fast and furious. Lard Lad becomes Randy's donuts, Krusty becomes In and Out burger, Moe's become Tam O'shanters, etc. Don't know what they'll do with the Simpsons ride, but I love the idea of a Great Universal movie dark ride that was mentioned here, that would be great fit for the LA theme.
I also wonder if any Simpsons Ride replacement will be cloned at both USF and USH. the plots of land are laid out differently and USH's can expand over the hill if they want while USF is kinda landlocked unless they expand into the left where that backstage/staging area is. But they many want that for USF expansion when Universal turns their attention to it and gives it a massive revamp post EU opening.

Reactions: joerodriguez
I think Universal will try to make a system that can be at both....but USH has different kinda space to be used since its on a hill. So if USH wanted to do something bigger I hope they do

I also do not think Universal will make the land generic, it would be cheap but why waste the little space you have when you could put a big Dreamwork, Nintendo or Potter IP there