The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 393 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mannequins, huh. I was close enough with Puppet Master, guys! :p

Mannequins make me think of this scene. So-bad-it's-fun movie, but probably my favorite part of it:

View attachment 12544

That, and the aforementioned Tourist Trap. Also, one of the greatest Twilight Zone episodes. Also also, that godforsaken part of the game Condemned.

Man, mannequins are well-repped in the genre at large, tbh.
Condemned was a great game, so scary. Hope they take some cues from it.

Worth noting is that that account also said that they’d heard Bedtime reverted to just Tooth Fairy.
Yep. Now, they could be calling it “Bedtime Stories: The Tooth Fairy,” in which case everyone is correct.
Could the mannequin house have something to do with the past of HHN or is it completely original? I was kind of hoping it had something to do with Cindy and her "playthings".
Cindy isn’t in this house.

Honestly, part of me thinks it’s going to be called “Theater of the Damned” as a nice throwback.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s “theater scenes come to life” a la, my Ghostlight house.
Beetlejuice in Parade makes sense because Graveyard Games was there last year and some of those sets can be repurposed.
Can’t repurpose sets you demolish.

Last edited:
While TCM2 had a lot of comedy elements, it was just so !@#$ed up and creepy that I wouldn't really call it a comedy movie/house at all. The craziness of the people add to the FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Dread) because you don't know what they might do because logic and rationale have no bearing on how they'll act.

I thought it was one of the most uncomfortable and fear-inducing movies ever. I don't care for the Conjuring movies and stuff like that, don't believe in ghosts so I don't get scared by them. A lunatic in a skinned woman's face thrusting a chainsaw at me in a sexual manner...THAT'S terrifying as it's something I can see as potentially being real. Yeah, watching safely from your couch it's funny...but thinking of being in that situation, that's the stuff nightmares are made of.
Bro I agree. I love the TCM series so much, because its one of the few horror movies (that I've seen so far) that genuinely horrified me and made me look away. I cant wait for the TCM house this year. Honestly, irrational people who will do anything that they want scare me.

I'm still with the people thinking it referred to TCM. Maybe it will be a repeat of one of the previous TCM houses or something, which would definitely be bad news to me.
I would consider that more of a disappointment. Unless the house it replaced was something really good we have all been wanting.

Reactions: SeventyOne
what does Hollywood have?
According to the new HNN spec map: TCM, Walking Dead Attraction, Invisible Man, Hill House, Eilish, Beetlejuice, and UM Brides. I would have attatched the tweet but I don't know how to do that.

Apparently there are seven mazes (compared to last year's ten) and no Terror Tram.

According to the new HNN spec map: TCM, Walking Dead Attraction, Invisible Man, Hill House, Eilish, Beetlejuice, and UM Brides. I would have attatched the tweet but I don't know how to do that.

Apparently there are seven mazes and no Terror Tram.

AlaNPeF.gif

First, let me say that I share your concern about how well this app will come together.
I worked alongside the development team on the Tapu Tapu and configuring the app to work with attractions, mobile pay, etc. and it was a challenging time for the guys working on it. In order to expedite this, they should be investing in some bright minds to get this off the ground quickly or it will be a disaster.

If TWD is the answer, I’d be more tempted to say it’s come out as a scarezone rumor (though those aren’t out yet so who knows).
IMO a TWD zone would be a logistical nightmare since you need zombies(humans) roaming the streets and their scare is to get in your face, which also wouldn't work for this year.

The figure is based off dom from fate of the furious (the 8th movie) and the same year that came out Jigsaw (Saw 8) came out. Seems unlikely since spiral got delayed but possibly a saw zone?
Saw would fit the bill as far as creating pockets of scenes to watch, while protecting the scareactors and the guests.

EDIT: Could the logo for the TCM house mean anything? It seems to be that of the remake series.
The logo means nothing at this juncture.

TCM, from what I’m hearing, is replacing an IP they wanted. I don’t know what that IP was though.
SotL is what I keep hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.