The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 397 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A 30 year anniversary house in a tent. Somewhat disappointed. Could easily switch with icons. At least we’re (supposedly) getting both.

Believe me or don’t... it will come out soon enough and you all will see I’m accurate.
Today the HHN 30 tv spot started filming in the sound stages. Following information is from someone I know who was on set today helping with production.
1. Don’t know exactly if it’s the main commercial, however seems to be.
2. Setting is jack walking slowly down a hallway in a prison/jail. Talking about how he escaped from the box. (Which personally I think is starting to be over used)
3. Icons/ old HHN characters walking behind him later on.
4. the “bent neck lady” was apart of today’s production but was shot separately.
5. jack is in his 25 outfit but with a little revamping/ new things.
6. other icons that were seen were the usher, Cindy, eddie and chance.
7. production is supposed to go until Wednesday.
8.Jack did lots of different takes saying different things. He did mention something along the Lines of “Aw social distancing” (personally don’t think that’ll end up getting used)
9. He has a victim that is a guard. It seems very very similar to the shadybrook spot during 16. But again time will tell with this. But my friend gave me all of this information in detail.
This sounds plausible because the backstory for 26 mentioned that Jack was being kept on an evidence shelf in a prison area in the box until someone would unleash him.

Reactions: londonwerecat
...Going to state my opinion on this; as I feel like it's..worth discussing.

Could they? Absolutely. Should they? ..I'd say yes. Figure something out to where you can stop this year's event, because with one of the big two opting to cancel their plans for the Halloween season (and I'm betting it's going to happen for the holiday's), I'd think Universal may follow suit.

I believe it says more about Disney's operating margin than having a safe event.

It's on 'til it's not. Universal is open right now and doing relatively well. Disney is not open at all. We're closing in on announcement season either way.

If they're still going forward with HHN, it'd be..interesting, if only as I would think there'd be enough problems when it comes to the matter of the mazes themselves (albeit more specifically of the tent and parade building's), when it comes to distancing for not only guests, but also the actors.

__

That said, both events have differed, my primary thoughts go more in the sense that for the sake of it, HHN and Not So Scary are the two largest Halloween events that's in Orlando.

Also seeing as how it leans more on parades, fireworks, stage shows, MnG's and handing out candy, it's really not that surprising when you think about it. Most of that stuff they can't do anyway on a normal day because of covid.
Beat me to it.

Candy is a very large expense for them and their not going to get the turnout they want because people don't want to be dipping their hands into barrels full of Covid Candy

I wouldn't doubt a Late July announcement. There's just too much unknown, even this close to the event.

Not So Scary is mostly M&Gs and Shows anyways, which are both a solid no for Disney. HHN can be worked around. AoV and the Lagoon Show aren't the vital aspects of the event like they are for Mickeys.

I think it’s important to remember MNSSHP big draw is Fireworks, parade, and exclusive characters (all of which are not exactly possible rn) not to mention the fact disney isn’t even open yet and universal is and universal seems to be really nailing the social distancing!

MNSSHP being canceled definitely makes me worried, but true the experience is much different with parades and fireworks shows...

If HHN does indeed go on as planned, I'm worried on how crowds will be considering it will likely be the only Halloween event in town
I mean for Orlando Universal is basically the only major park open in town and it's not insanely crowded, I assume the same principle would apply to halloween events.

Status
Not open for further replies.