The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 399 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows...

But to all the folks pointing out MNSSHP relies on parades, fireworks, meet and greets, and outdoor shows... those are all significantly safer events, based on what we now know, then indoor, tight haunted houses.

I’m biased. I love HHN. I’ve gone to over a dozen. I really, really want to attend the 30th, and I want the 30th to be the biggest and best event in memory. But I don’t see a way, barring a miracle, I could feel responsible or safe attending the event right now. Besides, I don’t see how any event held this year isn’t fairly lackluster. I really hope to see them cancel 2020 and double down on 2021.

If even one or two cases get traced back to a 2020 event, and the media runs with it...

View attachment 12552
The teens/adults that do MNSSHP do it because they can wear full costumes, see once a year shows and parades, and do meet and greets with rare characters that only come out for that event.

The teens/adults that go to HHN want to get scared and laugh at their friends getting scared.

They’re, for the most part, two completely different demographics.

I’m in the purple, but just because it means I can ride The Haunted Mansion like five times without waiting much

Reactions: TCox91 and rinacee
Team Billie is winning HotY.

Thank you for posting this link! There’s so much potential for her to have one of the creepiest houses.

jmxOoKD.gif

mPxZxTD.jpg

7hMuUGz.jpg

vDAoB28.jpg

U1lFAuq.jpg

QniY6rV.jpg

4yoWbA2.jpg

uTq2u9J.jpg

You guys do know that Universal will not actually send people to kill you if you don't attend their event.

It's happening unless something crazy to stop it from happening occurs and there's an actual thread you can discuss your opinion on the matter not here.

Also Billie Eilish is a media monster (ha) right now. I don't think there was ever a chance her house was going to be bad. Even if it was forced on the event (different debate) the design team couldn't (and wouldn't) make a subpar house just to appease decision makers. It's easily at the top of my to-do list.

You guys do know that Universal will not actually send people to kill you if you don't attend their event.

It's happening unless something crazy to stop it from happening occurs and there's an actual thread you can discuss your opinion on the matter not here.
You know a lot of folks who’d really, REALLY like to attend the event, especially because it is an anniversary, are going to be unable to do so because they are being responsible, and that’s disappointing to them?

People likely to be excluded from HHN if held this year include: 1) Those with risk factors 2) those over 50 (or even 40) 3) those whose personal life or work responsibilities expose them to people with risk factors or people over 50.

That’s quite a lot of disappointed HHN fans. So can the snark.

Okay, seeing the link you posted gives me more hope for a Billie Eilish house, at first after seeing the speculation map, I was fearful that the house was gonna be terrible. But after seeing that link I'm starting to feel like this house is really gonna be something special.
People definitely need to be more open minded and receptive about HHN houses. I feel like people make an instant decision when they hear about the house for the first time, and aren't willing to give it some time to grow on them. I trust the Creative Team to do their jobs well enough that they will make the event enjoyable no matter the circumstance. It's literally their job. They won't half ass it.

Who knows...

But to all the folks pointing out MNSSHP relies on parades, fireworks, meet and greets, and outdoor shows... those are all significantly safer events, based on what we now know, then indoor, tight haunted houses.
The thing is, there’s actually ways to enforce measures that mitigate spread in a haunted house. In the end, despite the people around you, and haunted house is a strictly individual experience. That’s fair less doable with parades and firework shows, which are communal.

Haunted house can pulse so that only one or two parties are in the house at a time, and remove surfaces that guests frequently touch. Scareactor positions can be replaced with automated effects and puppets to make sure guest and actor remain socially distant. These are things Universal can do that limit potential spread (things we know they’re doing), and they can proactively enforce with minimal negative impact to the event experience.

Outdoor events like fireworks and parades are a different beast. Disney would have to put social distancing marks, large enough for groups of three to six people, throughout the length of the parade routes and the entirety of Main Street so guests “know” where to stand, then have CMs walking through during the parade/show to enforce. That’s if they want to do it right. The scale of Meet and greets literally require engagement within 6 feet (otherwise, what’s the point), and there is no way to sanitize costumes between guests interactions.

The thing is, there’s actually ways to enforce measures that mitigate spread in a haunted house. In the end, despite the people around you, and haunted house is a strictly individual experience. That’s fair less doable with parades and firework shows, which are communal.

Haunted house can pulse so that only one or two parties are in the house at a time, and remove surfaces that guests frequently touch. Scareactor positions can be replaced with automated effects and puppets to make sure guest and actor remain socially distant. These are things Universal can do that limit potential spread (things we know they’re doing), and they can proactively enforce with minimal negative impact to the event experience.

Outdoor events like fireworks and parades are a different beast. Disney would have to put social distancing marks, large enough for groups of three to six people, throughout the length of the parade routes and the entirety of Main Street so guests “know” where to stand, then have CMs walking through during the parade/show to enforce. That’s if they want to do it right. The scale of Meet and greets literally require engagement within 6 feet (otherwise, what’s the point), and there is no way to sanitize costumes between guests interactions.

Actor placement might suck, but getting pulsed will be great!

It sucks to say for some but unless things turn very dire (to the point where society is getting shut down, IMO), the event will be happening for a multitude of reasons.

If you're not comfortable being in that situation, you shouldn't be going. Which is awful but it is what it is. My fiancee and I are planning on going but we'll be reassessing how we feel about the circumstances closer to our trip. We're not even ones to be breaking down the doors of 'freedom' in order to go out but we do want a vacation and reward at the end of this year during our favorite time. We're being as safe as we can be without really exerting ourselves (we have no interest in dining out at places where you have to sit outside, etc.) but as of now we feel good about HHN.

I don't sincerely think Universal will have been the first to re-open their major theme parks but will even consider shutting down it's biggest money making event of the year just to be safe.

As for the actual event, really stoked looking at the speculation map. Excited for both an Icon and an Anniversary house if both come true. The IPs are a nice mix of classic horror and contemporary scares. The originals have me drooling with anticipation (particularly the Pumpkin King and Mannequin Theater, yes please!). Overall a great mashing of looking both backwards and forwards for the 30th year of the event. HNN also just re-released the Spec Map, updating locations as well as adding the subtitle of "The Tooth Fairy" to Bedtime Stories.

How often do you get a horror-adjacent pop star anyways? The best I can think of is The Weeknd namedropping The Hills Have Eyes in a song or Taylor Swifts Reputation which has the 'reputation' of flopping spectacularly hard. Billie sells it like no one else. They'd be ridiculous to not capitalize on it in some way.

It sucks to say for some but unless things turn very dire (to the point where society is getting shut down, IMO), the event will be happening for a multitude of reasons.

And at that point, we'd have problems worse than COVID itself. No way we survive another shut down, our country is gonzo in that case.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Status
Not open for further replies.