The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 495 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, not sure if this belongs in this thread but I just bought my BOGO tickets and I spoke to a team member because I had a question, since you can’t pick the dates, would you be turned away for limited capacity? The team member said that if you are staying at a universal hotel, at any level, you would be guaranteed entry and not turned away.

I bought mine yesterday as well. I'm in Miami so FF doesn't work for me, but having the ability to go 2 nights in a row works for me.

And as far as scareactors go roaming the streets, I could easily see the streets this year becoming a mix of mini shows with the scareactors on mini stages and just a lot of atmosphere. Ala the Chucky booth, the *barf* runway last year in Vanity Ball.

I bought mine yesterday as well. I'm in Miami so FF doesn't work for me, but having the ability to go 2 nights in a row works for me.

And as far as scareactors go roaming the streets, I could easily see the streets this year becoming a mix of mini shows with the scareactors on mini stages and just a lot of atmosphere. Ala the Chucky booth, the *barf* runway last year in Vanity Ball.
I could see VERY few scareactors roaming around - but nothing anywhere close to normal. Definitely a lot of stages. I'm excited (hopeful) for an emphasis on atmosphere!

I mean worst comes to worst its possible you could get in contact with universal and see if they can put the price of the bogo towards a pass.
True! Last time I heard, they pretty much force you to upgrade from BOGO to FF Ultimate which a lowly university student probably can't afford HAHAH, but I guess we'll see!

EDIT- Oh, also, when the website says "by July 22nd", does that mean tickets stay up till 11:59 tonight or 11:59 tomorrow? I'm bad at semantics :grin:

One thing that I think really hasn’t been discussed is how the houses will be affected by COVID. Plexiglass, no close scareactors, scareactor face masks?

I mean, it’s been discussed a plenty. There’s gonna be know way of truly knowing until it gets to that point.

I will throw out a guess though. No plexiglass (houses weren’t built with it in mind), lessened scareactors, masks and sanitizer required when you aren’t on “set”.

One thing that I think really hasn’t been discussed is how the houses will be affected by COVID. Plexiglass, no close scareactors, scareactor face masks?
Yes, we have.
Totally agree with you, there’s no fruit in speculating IF the event will happen or not. But if “precautions” are taken for this event, I imagine things might change.

If all scareactors are forced into wearing masks, I would NOT want Beetlejuice to arrive this year. To me, it would be a severe waste of the property to have masked Beetlejuice characters, not to mention the other characters that would be ten times more effective with makeup treatments, and the scenes that feature humanoid characters that would have to be dummies or screens or something less impressive than live actors.
Something to think about is if Scareactors are gonna be wearing masks in houses. If so, I think it would be important for the team to make the masks look natural as possible with a characters costume and appearance so it blends in better. Maybe also sell some of the iconic looking ones as merch. We know IP masks are a must, but what about original content excluding icons? I'd kill for a Pumpkin King/ Tooth fairy mask.
As a former scareactor who has worker streets in a fog heavy area, I would sometimes have to lift up real quick to get fresh air. Also, in HHN masks, many times you have some room inside where as cloth masks are much more restrictive.

Also, just because HHN actors can do it doesn’t mean all guests can. Some have fog allergies or are irritated by it. This is literally a question when auditioning for HHN.
Some scareactors are getting fitted for teeth this year I know, so not all will be wearing masks. They might have plexi-glass in front of them, but not all will have masks.

They would use whatever they had built at this point, but tack an original on it. It's happened multiple times (I.e Conjuring -> Hive) In other circumstances it's been an IP (Scream -> Purge, Oujia -> Purge) but this year it would most definitely be an original replacing the house that's canceled.

What did it say? I didn't get an email from them yet!
I’ve been signed up for months.

Attachments

• D997BB09-7A02-4656-8883-7D612631CBA5.jpeg
    D997BB09-7A02-4656-8883-7D612631CBA5.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 53
1) Vampyr has been a member longer than anyone else on this page of posts outside of myself.

2) While it may've been said a bit rude, they have a point. Things go in circles frequently in this thread to the point where it kills a bit of the fun. Speculation and wish lists get mixed up frequently. And so on. The mods have to step in pretty frequently just to keep discussion focused and relevant. The speculation threads shouldn't stop, but they have gotten a bit out of control and painful to follow at times. I do wish the actual newcomers (which I'm incredibly glad there are so many of you) would possibly notice the hints the older members (and staff) have dropped about these things without taking them personally. This isn't our first speculation thread and it's easy to see things drifting down the wrong path at times.

We're nearing the 500th page of a niche Halloween event during a time that sizable population won't even risk attending because of a pandemic. The threads have gotten out of control because things move at such a speed that there is literally a risk that my initial page count will be irrelevant by the time I finish typing this reply. I think the real issue is that things have been moving so fast there was never the organic old-board transition from the early year 'I hope/see this house coming' to actual clue finding speculation.

I'd love to see Speculation have its own thread next year, maybe with a pin'd explanation for those out of the loop, with the addition of a separate General Discussion thread. I think it's wonderful how many people are excited for the event and I'd love to see a revitalization of speculation it its more original form. There is a way to absolutely do both but currently its wasn't possible for mods to predict how rapidly discussion would expand. To expect newcomers to understand a board culture that's transitioned site-to-site over many, many years is a tall order in this current environment. There's absolutely a point, there's been hints, but at this point can anyone be faulted when 5 pages pass in minutes? There's a way to preserve what drew people to speculation in its initial form and maintain and encourage excitement for the event.

I'm not an expert though - I just really like riddles, clues and spooky stuff.

We're nearing the 500th page of a niche Halloween event during a time that sizable population won't even risk attending because of a pandemic. The threads have gotten out of control because things move at such a speed that there is literally a risk that my initial page count will be irrelevant by the time I finish typing this reply. I think the real issue is that things have been moving so fast there was never the organic old-board transition from the early year 'I hope/see this house coming' to actual clue finding speculation.

I'd love to see Speculation have its own thread next year, maybe with a pin'd explanation for those out of the loop, with the addition of a separate General Discussion thread. I think it's wonderful how many people are excited for the event and I'd love to see a revitalization of speculation it its more original form. There is a way to absolutely do both but currently its wasn't possible for mods to predict how rapidly discussion would expand. To expect newcomers to understand a board culture that's transitioned site-to-site over many, many years is a tall order in this current environment. There's absolutely a point, there's been hints, but at this point can anyone be faulted when 5 pages pass in minutes? There's a way to preserve what drew people to speculation in its initial form and maintain and encourage excitement for the event.

I'm not an expert though - I just really like riddles, clues and spooky stuff.
Speculation does have its own thread, your on it now lol. Also, drop this whole argument for christ sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.