The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 499 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anecdotal evidence, but a friend that was recently in the park had heard construction sounds coming from FFL and the ropes were farther forward than they usually are to make sure no one could see in.
I've seen pictures from the FFL stage area. It looks like some big crates are being moved in or the facade might be going up. Maybe its time to have a look in the MIB extended queue.

The days of midnight drops seem to be over with HHN unfortunately. If I recall correctly, most announcements last year were around 11 AM - noon.

I'll either be asleep or at work so neither time-frame does much for me. #BoringLifeBestLife :)

Excellent to hear that there's a chance for multi-day passes this year. I booked my trip with dayside passes so that if I was stuck with my BOGO, I could at least have something to do the rest of my time on vacation (that is, if I'm able to be there at all this year!).

They’re not

And you say that because...?

So to get back on topic, I'm curious to hear what people have heard with regard to the use of the FFL stage. As of now(standard opening phrase), there is a show planned, but I'm interested to know what everyone thinks it is.
I said I was told, “No AoV.” That doesn’t mean no AoV.
But, even with that, when I had told “no shows” it was coupled with “No AoV.” That could have changed, of course, but any show development for something with AoV would require Pharside to already be in Orlando (or arriving extremely soon). And, again, it would be a contracted performance when they’re trying to save money.

Assuming a show is happening, I’d think it’s purely in-house. Either Icons, or Beetlejuice, or something else new entirely.
Anecdotal evidence, but a friend that was recently in the park had heard construction sounds coming from FFL and the ropes were farther forward than they usually are to make sure no one could see in.
I've seen pictures from the FFL stage area. It looks like some big crates are being moved in or the facade might be going up. Maybe its time to have a look in the MIB extended queue.

Budget. Like @Legacy has said multiple times.
I believe you're misquoting him to an extent. Or maybe more quoting a dated version of what has been said.

This one is "Bill & Ted would be odd due to the cost of buying the rights back with the current budget":

I still haven’t gotten confirmation of anything, but here are my thoughts on Bill and Ted and FFL (if it matters).

Any show requires rights and a cast (and a script, but A&D has writers). Now, Universal had the long-term rights for Bill and Ted and could easily purchase their use for one year. The relationship is there. However, speculation at the they ended Bill and Ted was that the cost was going to increase because of the movie, and that was two years ago. Buying the rights the year of, for a show while the would still be in theaters, would be even more expensive. Universal “could” afford it, but unless they already had them purchased, it would be odd with the budget cuts happening throughout the resort. They have the rights to Beetlejuice and their icons though, so could use them with no issues.

Second, they need a cast. This where it gets a little wonky. Bill and Ted had open auditions where anyone could go in with their best pop culture impression and Universal would work them into the show. The other way they’d cast/write the show is knowing what impressions their in-house performers can do. Obviously, they haven’t done open auditions. Which means they’re casting strictly in-house or known performers. That’s fine for Bill and Ted, especially if they’re only using returning characters, but it would be odd. On the other hand, their in-house cast is how they’ve done previous icon shows (most of them are still there), and they have a collection of BJs at their disposal.

But, here’s a wrinkle: rumor is they had a Beetlejuice show written for last year. It was planned, but Legal kiboshed it (it was essentially Bill and Ted, only with BJ). However, with another year of development and a need for capacity and crowd distribution, they could have figured out how to make it work.

That said, I honestly have no idea what’s going on in there yet.

This one is that "AOV would be surprising due to budgets for contracting entertainment out of company":

That and budget.

They just laid off hundreds of people. Don’t expect them to contract out entertainment for an event that is going to have a severely reduced capacity.

There was a moment over a month ago where he was hearing "no shows", but things seemed to become less clear in the past month.

But, even with that, when I had told “no shows” it was coupled with “No AoV.” That could have changed, of course, but any show development for something with AoV would require Pharside to already be in Orlando (or arriving extremely soon). And, again, it would be a contracted performance when they’re trying to save money.

Assuming a show is happening, I’d think it’s purely in-house. Either Icons, or Beetlejuice, or something else new entirely.

He mostly just theorized that B&T and AOV wouldn't be happening based off of what he heard. And even then, he specified that just because he heard "AOV isn't happening" doesn't mean "no AOV".

Last edited:
Let's maybe be careful about assuming *anything* with authority. Everything, even from folks with solid track records, should be taken with a grain of salt... and as we have seen, things can change, sometimes weeks before opening night.

Weird how they can still do Bourne but supposedly no HHN show
Budget. Like @Legacy has said multiple times.
Well, they’re two completely different things with two completely different investment-levels.

Bourne is budgeted as a daily-operations requirement with a contract that likely covers five to ten years that was finished before closure. They’re paying for it whether they use it or not.

HHN and AoV are short-term investments that are done in a span of weeks.

Last edited:
So I could be wrong but doesn’t the horror night twitter page usually do little tweets the day before a announcement in the past? Cause if that’s a case it’s starting to seem less likely anything will be announced tomorrow.

Reactions: londonwerecat
In regards to a show in FFL, they have the sign covered and another area where a sign with show times will go and it say they are prepping for HHN. So I would have to assume there will be some sort of show taking place. Also I saw three gentleman the other day all wearing blue polos and another gentleman in a black HHN polo measuring and looking to see how a line could work from what I overheard them see.

So should tonight at midnight be the time where we abuse the refresh button on the website? I know it’s not a normal year, but if it was, would the site change at midnight or just sometime during the actual day?

Yeah. I would anticipate a lunchtime drop if they do like years past.

I wonder if they're going to keep the U-rest zones during HHN

FFL would be one of those spots

I don't see U-rest zones moving between day and night to avoid confusion. I think FFL would move completely day and night.

I feel like we would've seen people posting that the spot had closed on Twitter for constructions. I was seeing things a few days ago about people sitting in the arena.

In regards to a show in FFL, they have the sign covered and another area where a sign with show times will go and it say they are prepping for HHN. So I would have to assume there will be some sort of show taking place. Also I saw three gentleman the other day all wearing blue polos and another gentleman in a black HHN polo measuring and looking to see how a line could work from what I overheard them see.

That sign gets covered whenever FFL is closed, even outside of HHN. That could be more related to the rumored permanent closure of FFL than anything HHN related.

Status
Not open for further replies.