The State of Epcot | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

The State of Epcot

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, but I think Bobharlem's original point was the contract doesn't allow promotion of attractions with Marvel characters here, hence the hush hush.
Gathering up a few Orlando bloggers and basically just saying that the new theme would be that wouldn't violate anything (i don't think). As long as it was all done in private. From there, the bloggers would run with it and it's promotion without Disney actually having to promote.

From what i've heard, the current refurb is not drastic at all. It's a general refresher and a new film for green, that's it.

While it's probably not happening, putting Guardians inside Mission Space makes more sense than a brand new ride. "Piloting" the Milano would be much easier to do and tie into the already ehhhh ride.

Reactions: Alicia
From what i've heard, the current refurb is not drastic at all. It's a general refresher and a new film for green, that's it.
Yea, that's all I've heard as well. I'm guessing they're getting this done real quick before they lose capacity from closing UoE after the summer. My guess anyway.

Reactions: Nick
Oh God. Jim Hill's talking about Epcot adding Mission Breakout behind UoE. Instead of a replacement. Does WDW really need to drop rides?

I get that people love the new reskin over at DCA, but it looks too similar to ours. Would be weird to see two towers within sight range... Also, that would so compete with Spaceship Earth's skyline and mess up the view while entering Epcot.

I think he's talking crazy talk.

Don't think having two drop rides is an issue since look at Universal. Two exact same rides on spiderman and Transformers and that works. Issue is how does that same ride fit into Epcot? Really doesn't.

Oh God. Jim Hill's talking about Epcot adding Mission Breakout behind UoE. Instead of a replacement. Does WDW really need to drop rides?

I get that people love the new reskin over at DCA, but it looks too similar to ours. Would be weird to see two towers within sight range... Also, that would so compete with Spaceship Earth's skyline and mess up the view while entering Epcot.

That would be senseless as it's not even a different drop tower... it's literally Tower of Terror themed to GOTG. And thankfully we still have TOT.

Don't think having two drop rides is an issue since look at Universal. Two exact same rides on spiderman and Transformers and that works. Issue is how does that same ride fit into Epcot? Really doesn't.
Yea, and Disney has Indy and Dinosaur with the exact same ride paths... but there's lots of room to distinguish themselves as different experiences. A drop tower is a drop tower, whether you see Drax fighting a giant squid or a family vanishing when the doors open and close, it's still just a car going up and down over and over.

That would be senseless as it's not even a different drop tower... it's literally Tower of Terror themed to GOTG. And thankfully we still have TOT.
It doesn't have the fourth dimension sequence.. so technically it is different.

I think the new breakout version looks fun. But part of the charm of changing their ToT is now we each have different versions on each coast. No need to clone everything for every park. I like the variety.

Reactions: Mad Dog

Reminder: Jim Hill said Disaster was going to be demolished for Hogwarts Express AFTER the plans came out to show that wasn't the case

Reminder: Jim Hill said Disaster was going to be demolished for Hogwarts Express AFTER the plans came out to show that wasn't the case
If the plans I saw for the stormwater are correct it doesn't look like there is that much space behind UoE. The ponds and relocated canal fill most of it. Unless they put in a Dr. Doom. That takes up almost no space

Jim Hill? :faint:

Reactions: Mad Dog and Alicia
If the plans I saw for the stormwater are correct it doesn't look like there is that much space behind UoE. The ponds and relocated canal fill most of it. Unless they put in a Dr. Doom. That takes up almost no space
Yes definitely. I think most people see that big dotted outline in the plans and think that's all new area, not realizing the big spots allocated for drainage ponds on the back-right of the area.

Screamscape was saying that a building approx. 80 - 100 feet tall would be built on the expansion pad and the ride is still a coaster. It would utilize a launch and, I'm assuming, would have some dark ride elements. After I get past the hangup of having GoTG in EPCOT, this sounds interesting. However, until it is confirmed by those who know or by Disney, I pretty much don't believe anything at this point. With my luck, it will be a big meet-n-greet with no ride at all.

Yeah, I'm a bit skeptical about the rumor - given the sheer size of the attraction as well as its placement in Epcot. Guardians seem much more suited for Hollywood Studios given the educational element that's embedded into the fabric of what Epcot is. But, on the other hand, they just converted Norway into Frozen-mania so who knows what they're thinking at this point.

TL: DR
Seems to good to be true for an attraction of that size - doesn't fit the theme of Epcot/Future World.

Screamscape was saying that a building approx. 80 - 100 feet tall would be built on the expansion pad and the ride is still a coaster. It would utilize a launch and, I'm assuming, would have some dark ride elements. After I get past the hangup of having GoTG in EPCOT, this sounds interesting. However, until it is confirmed by those who know or by Disney, I pretty much don't believe anything at this point. With my luck, it will be a big meet-n-greet with no ride at all.
80 feet huh?

Tron Coaster is 78.1 feet tall.

Reactions: Joel and JungleSkip

Laugh it up, fuzzball. To get the trifecta, we just need a spiritual quote from Magic. I think that I need to train our small parrot on how to use a microcamera so that she can break into Imagineering and take photos.

I imagine that we're going to see more rumors of varying believability until whatever it is gets announced. Of course, it will probably just be adding an access road.

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
To note - Wonders and Energy sit on a hill. So that height measure for comparison isn't quite right if you're talking the visual landscape of the park. Anything behind it would be on that lower level because everything behind them is physically at that lower level.

What I could seriously see them doing is moving Guest Relations to the other side, tearing down much of old Innoventions East, and building the Tron coaster over it and Energy's spot. Then putting solar panels on the roof and we've got a sort of future power grid and such themed attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.