The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 995 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't know that it's "criticism" to say I'd prefer one thing over another. I didn't say what they did on the JP side looks terrible, I just said I wish the whole structure was themed as a rock outcropping. I think that would have been less intrusive than a (themed, sure) wall.

:shrug:

I forgot that Universal were charging for a decent sized locker.
Workaround, get locker tickets or use multiple tickets from your party and split your belongings between multiple free lockers. They are really deep and fit a lot, but puffy backpacks may need to have some items taken out to fit better. I've been able to fit a backpack with two cameras, a purse, and refillable cup (on its side) in a free locker before. It's not so bad.

Workaround, get locker tickets or use multiple tickets from your party and split your belongings between multiple free lockers. They are really deep and fit a lot, but puffy backpacks may need to have some items taken out to fit better. I've been able to fit a backpack with two cameras, a purse, and refillable cup (on its side) in a free locker before. It's not so bad.

It's really became a non issue. Packing light for the parks has became one of the best things you can learn to do.

I've went from a camera bag and shoulder bag, to a camera shoulder bag and now just using the original small camera bag. Staying on site at Universal is also a huge benefit since anything extra you might need is only 20mins away.

With cameras on phones also getting better every year, the need for a DSLR camera is constantly reducing.

It's really became a non issue. Packing light for the parks has became one of the best things you can learn to do.

I've went from a camera bag and shoulder bag, to a camera shoulder bag and now just using the original small camera bag. Staying on site at Universal is also a huge benefit since anything extra you might need is only 20mins away.

With cameras on phones also getting better every year, the need for a DSLR camera is constantly reducing.
Good to see you're adapting. If it doesn't fit in my cargo pants big pockets, I don't carry it. No way I'm going to lug a backpack or bottles of cheap water around a theme park all day. Sorry, but i just
don't understand the backpack, or save a couple of bucks on food and drink on a vacation, mentality.

I don't know that it's "criticism" to say I'd prefer one thing over another. I didn't say what they did on the JP side looks terrible, I just said I wish the whole structure was themed as a rock outcropping. I think that would have been less intrusive than a (themed, sure) wall.

I agree, I would have preferred all rocks. I feel, you can tell its just rocks around it and not a "Paddock". Its small, one sided, no signs/no lights (yet). If it had some of the Velcicoaster touches than sure. But what we got is fine, not bad. Better then it looked before so i'll take the improvement!!!

But it is our one JP gate and its not as grand as the one we lost... I was wishing and hoping originally we would get a waterfall like Beijing or even a little stream, dreams I know haha but I was mildly disappointed when I saw what we got.

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 5.17.37 PM.png

Also this is the one place I or anyone has a chance to get the thought out of our minds "Man I wish they put a waterfall there like Beijing" everyone else doesn't know or care about what were saying. Might as well be speaking Klingon haha

Sorry if I changed the subject too much. The lockers do seem like an upgrade all around, if only Hollywood could solve this problem...

I agree, I would have preferred all rocks. I feel, you can tell its just rocks around it and not a "Paddock". Its small, one sided, no signs/no lights (yet). If it had some of the Velcicoaster touches than sure. But what we got is fine, not bad. Better then it looked before so i'll take the improvement!!!

But it is our one JP gate and its not as grand as the one we lost... I was wishing and hoping originally we would get a waterfall like Beijing or even a little stream, dreams I know haha but I was mildly disappointed when I saw what we got.

Also this is the one place I or anyone has a chance to get the thought out of our minds "Man I wish they put a waterfall there like Beijing" everyone else doesn't know or care about what were saying. Might as well be speaking Klingon haha

Sorry if I changed the subject too much. The lockers do seem like an upgrade all around, if only Hollywood could solve this problem...

It'd be great if they could theme everything extensively but it's just not practical in this case. We all know rockwork isn't cheap and it's a small footprint to begin with. Furthermore, they wanted to have a barrier to block the views from JP. Why put in the cost and effort for rockwork when it's going to be covered up by foliage? I guess I don't get this viewpoint in this example.

It'd be great if they could theme everything extensively but it's just not practical in this case. We all know rockwork isn't cheap and it's a small footprint to begin with. Furthermore, they wanted to have a barrier to block the views from JP. Why put in the cost and effort for rockwork when it's going to be covered up by foliage? I guess I don't get this viewpoint in this example.
I'm normally all for extensive theming, but this is definitely a weird battle to choose. Also, rock work doesn't need to be everywhere. Want to make the theming better at IOA while spending FAR less money? Paint the exposed parts of FJ's show building (both from within Hogsmeade and as seen from JP).

I'm normally all for extensive theming, but this is definitely a weird battle to choose. Also, rock work doesn't need to be everywhere. Want to make the theming better at IOA while spending FAR less money? Paint the exposed parts of FJ's show building (both from within Hogsmeade and as seen from JP).
I have not seen it but before the scrim went up on the JP side there was a photo of some rockwork forms at the lower right corner. Were they storing them there or did they do any rockwork down low?