Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I didn't expect to see this email I just received from Loews hotels (many many times customer), especially in relation to half the hotels being presently closed, HHN cancelled, and
covid distancing restrictions. I took it for granted that Xmas festivities would be curtailed. And, who knows, perhaps they'll rescind this offer in the future. But as of now Loews is advertising/marketing
that all their hotels will be open for the Holiday season. They are also advertising the following Holiday events *Wizard World Holiday, *Holiday Parade featuring Macy's *Grinchmas *and more. And they listed all of the
on site hotels with the following rates.
...................................................low as
*Dockside & Surfside...............$79 a night
*Aventura..................................$94 a night
*CBBR.......................................$94 a night
*Sapphire...................................$119 a night
*RPR..........................................$169 a night
*Hard Rock................................$199 a night
*Portofino..................................$204 a night
Of course, anything is subject to change. But this suggests Universal & Loews are going to give the Holidays the old college try, or a Hail Mary pass. ....and pray that lots of people book vacations.
Oh man, if they do that I have to reup my pass and spend a week at RPR...

Oh man, if they do that I have to reup my pass and spend a week at RPR...
Definitely. If I lived in central Florida, i might just do the same. But still too much to pay for a full vacation where I have to wear a mask. The Parade being listed was the big time surprise. Grinchmas
can socially distance with reduced capacity. Of course, if there's little in the way of advance bookings that all might change. But I didn't even think they'd try that stuff.

Does CA have a better social safety net than the rest of the country? Because to me it seems like the worst of both worlds. Like if CA had Canada-level safety net, I could agree with you.
California has one of the highest Temporary Assistance for Needy Family rates - More States Raising TANF Benefits to Boost Families’ Economic Security

They’re in the top half of per student expenditures ($2,500 more per student than Florida).

In 2017, California was one of the top states with regard to the percentage of direct public welfare spending.

And California is ranked as the 4th happiest state in the country.https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/happiest-states

Like, I understand the aversion to taxes. But, like with everything, you get what you pay for. States with better qualities of life tend to have higher taxes...

California has one of the highest Temporary Assistance for Needy Family rates - More States Raising TANF Benefits to Boost Families’ Economic Security

They’re in the top half of per student expenditures ($2,500 more per student than Florida).

In 2017, California was one of the top states with regard to the percentage of direct public welfare spending.

And California is ranked as the 4th happiest state in the country.https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/happiest-states

Like, I understand the aversion to taxes. But, like with everything, you get what you pay for. States with better qualities of life tend to have higher taxes...
They say Sweden is nice too. I like Canada but the weather in both those make it a non starter
Low taxes good weather - hmmm, sounds like Florida to many, I'm done with the weather

Yes. Unfortunately many states have sold out to the business interests and anti union factions. They received a lot of jobs, but unfortunately most are low pay and low or no benefits.
And to boot, very little safety net with horrendously low unemployment pay and length of eligibility. Crisis like covid exposes the rot.

Mid-November at the earliest guys. I really don’t see the parks opening up any sooner than that.

Honestly, if an announcement is inbound, I'm betting Early to Mid october. Right now though--I'm intently watching on if they're getting CM's out of being furloughed. If that's the case, then things are getting closer.

I can't believe Disneyland is opening this year...I watched a video about the Mayor of the city begging for guidance and I do have to ask...why most cities are hit hard.

Should some places start investing in other businesses once this pandemic is over? Like maybe Anaheim and even Vegas need to invest in other things besides entertainment to future proof themelves....as the old saying goes don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Just saw a WDW ad in our market advertising that the Holiday Season starts on Nov. 6th at the WDW resorts. More aggressive advertising is a good step forward. .

I already had a trip booked for Dec. 4-8 to Universal before COVID-19, but I wanted to check deals again and see if the hotel rates offered now are cheaper. When I search for my dates on the Universal website, only Royal Pacific shows as an option for onsite hotels even when selecting vacation packages. Probably just a glitch with the site or user error -- I doubt the resort is that booked up.

They say Sweden is nice too. I like Canada but the weather in both those make it a non starter
Low taxes good weather - hmmm, sounds like Florida to many, I'm done with the weather

I could not care less about weather at this point--if I got offered to move to Canada (Sweden too), I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm absolutely sick of this country; the parks are pretty much the only thing I like about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.