Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just moved TO California, and I ain’t going anywhere! Happy to wait things out, because there’s PLENTY to do, even with things shutdown, on fire, and shaking all the time.
I’m the same way. California May be more of a dumpster fire every day this with everything going around but I like my mountains, theme parks (if they ever open again), mild weather, Mexican food, and In N Out too much. LOL

Reactions: JawsVictim
I mean, while I don't want the parks open it seems political.

There isn''t even a roadmap for Disney, while I don't want the parks open soon give them something it is hurting people in that area and the Governor seems not to care.
To me I think many people would not care about the extra shutdowns if CA supported those hurting but they aren't...while the Governor sit like a king having no money issues he doesn't seem to be doing much to help those most hurt by the shut downs.
I agree to keep things closed down but you need to provide an outline for buisnesses and support for those who lost their jobs or there small business.

I could not care less about weather at this point--if I got offered to move to Canada (Sweden too), I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm absolutely sick of this country; the parks are pretty much the only thing I like about it.

Come on up! One of the best things about Canada, can easily get down to the parks, and then return back to sanity up here :lol:

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I mean, while I don't want the parks open it seems political.

There isn''t even a roadmap for Disney, while I don't want the parks open soon give them something it is hurting people in that area and the Governor seems not to care.
To me I think many people would not care about the extra shutdowns if CA supported those hurting but they aren't...while the Governor sit like a king having no money issues he doesn't seem to be doing much to help those most hurt by the shut downs.
I agree to keep things closed down but you need to provide an outline for buisnesses and support for those who lost their jobs or there small business.

Not much the states can do about what the fed does, I’m afraid.

Come on up! One of the best things about Canada, can easily get down to the parks, and then return back to sanity up here :lol:

The moment I get the chance I will...if that moment ever comes...:(

Not much the states can do about what the fed does, I’m afraid.

The moment I get the chance I will...if that moment ever comes...:(
I mean they can, they can use state funds to support these kinda places they are letting hurt with no guidance.

Leaders forget their job is to lead (kinda in the name) and if you can't lead then you better find a way to help the people who have done nothing wrong (besides supporting their community by working and being underpaid by Disney or by owning a business that also supports the people around them)

I know this is kinda political but wish leaders only got paid as much as their poorest, I suspect they would not sit on their hands as much one things if they had to be as poor as people struggling. The Governor feels no pressure to do anything and to me comes off as uncaring and hypocritical, when he always talking about supporting our people.

Knott’s GM: “Every time we ask them ‘Can you help us understand what’s going on here and why can’t we open?’ They just keep saying to us, ‘We’ll, you’re different.’”

Remember the King’s Island incident where they sued the Ohio governor to reopen? I think Knott’s May be on the verge of going there if California prolongs this (and they will!)

• Angry
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95

Knott’s GM: “Every time we ask them ‘Can you help us understand what’s going on here and why can’t we open?’ They just keep saying to us, ‘We’ll, you’re different.’”

Remember the King’s Island incident where they sued the Ohio governor to reopen? I think Knott’s May be on the verge of going there if California prolongs this (and they will!)

Similar article posted on KTLA for Disneyland. Knotts also stated several months ago that they didn’t expect to reopen by the end of the year.

It is what it is. Getting permission is just step 1 of reopening. They’ll also have to negotiate with the labor unions for workers to return. At least they’ve got a popular food event going on with Taste of Knotts.

I honestly have to ask

If theme parks just opened...who would stop them? I really don't think the state government has any backing from the local or Federal Government

Why not just open? who is going to stop it?

Theme parks are such a weird anomaly to leaders I bet. It's retail, dining, and rollercoasters? All combined into one? What do you classify that as? Obviously the can sanitize the place, but with California reopening is very basic. You're a restaurant, or you're a clothing company. I bet trying to convince the team to reopen the rides seems stupid when it's not a vital resource to survive.

Guy 1: "Okay restaurants are technically necessary because they serve food!"

Girl 1: "Don't forget retail! People need clothes and we need to support the chains who keep the economy going!"

Guy 2: "Hey guys we need to open the theme parks. Don't forget they're both retail and dining, and they have even more employees I bet, and think of the surrounding businesses that get benefited from them by locals visiting the surrounding area!"

Guy 1 & Girl 1: "Nah, I think you just want to go on Space Mountain."

Theme parks are such a weird anomaly to leaders I bet. It's retail, dining, and rollercoasters? All combined into one? What do you classify that as? Obviously the can sanitize the place, but with California reopening is very basic. You're a restaurant, or you're a clothing company. I bet trying to convince the team to reopen the rides seems stupid when it's not a vital resource to survive.

Girl 1: "Don't forget retail! People need clothes and we need to support the chains who keep the economy going!"

Guy 2: "Hey guys we need to open the theme parks. Don't forget they're both retail and dining, and they have even more employees I bet, and think of the surrounding businesses that get benefited from them by locals visiting the surrounding area!"

...and this is why getting the government involved in everything is very VERY bad idea. That is all I will say on that front.

Newsom is trying to hold the doors down as long as he can, but now the fuse is lit. Unless Newsom folds, that fuse is lighting closer and closer to a barrel of explosives labeled, "Class action".

...and this is why getting the government involved in everything is very VERY bad idea. That is all I will say on that front.

Newsom is trying to hold the doors down as long as he can, but now the fuse is lit. Unless Newsom folds, that fuse is lighting closer and closer to a barrel of explosives labeled, "Class action".

The fuse is lit? Uhh...I don’t even think a match has been stuck yet!

I’m all for the parks reopening, but there are more important matters at hand right now. Yeah sure, give them guidance when it’s the right time, but OC just got off the watch list, and LA’s death rates are finally starting to dip. I don’t blame state officials for being cautious. So funny that theme parks being closed is a reason for people to fear big government! That made my day, thanks for the laugh.

I’m tough enough to wait it out. One more year of lockdown? Pssshh...bring it on.

Difference is I don’t have to pay an admission fee to go to McDonald’s or Old Navy.

To echo @Freak's statement--I'm honestly wondering how long it'll be until a lawsuit is made, similar to the joint lawsuits in Ohio from Cedar Fair and Kalahari.

I can honestly see either Six Flags corp. or Cedar Fair corp. possibly go into a joint legal attempt--especially if the manner of the subject relies on the optics that are being placed.

Reactions: Andysol and Freak
Got an email this morning from Six Flags.

They are extending all 2020 season pass holders to have their passes expire December 31, 2021.

Additionally, if you purchased an all season dining or flash pass, those are also being extended until the end of next year.

I was certainly not expecting either, but especially not the latter. So great job on Six Flags; who corporately (not operationally) have handled this thing pretty dang well between the reservations, entrance into parks, etc.

Theme Park Insider has an article today speculating on attendance at WDW now compared to when it reopened. One of the posters had a good 'anecdotal evidence' comment. He's been going
to the WDW parks since the reopening and checking the parking lots to try to determine capacity increases. Here's Rave 5's comment; " "A few weeks ago a capacity day at MK was the first two lots completely filled. This week they are now filling the next three parking lots (Villains and Heroes) to 50% or more. This means in the past week they have more than doubled car parking. The same has taken place at DHS. Epcot & AK have seen additional increases, but at a lower rate. They have easily increased
capacity by 50% ' He added that's he's seen less mask compliance than there was earlier, with people removing masks and/or wearing them below their noses. He also said, "I have seen less and less effort to enforce the rules".
Once again, just anecdotal evidence on whether WDW increased capacity without announcing it. But the parking lot theory seems like a pretty good judge of evidence without having access to internal business documents.

Reactions: UNIrd
I’m under the impression that Disney has yet to raise their number. However, they have gotten better at filling that number and arbitrarily lowered it at traditionally busier times (most notably Labor Day Weekend and the initial weeks of reopening) to avoid potential bad PR.

EDITED to include: I’m hearing mixed reports on if Columbus Day Weekend has the same lower caps.

Another anecdote to share-I just spent two days shopping + dining at Disney Springs, while nighttime was much more pleasant temperature wise, it was by far the most crowded I have seen it since reopening. Lines for everything, restaurants full so no walk up’s, people cutting lines that either don’t care/don’t know how to social distance, and, most unfortunately, I also saw the most amount of people I’ve seen at Disney without masks &/or improperly wearing masks.

Daytime, while disgustingly hot, was infinitely better than night. Barely any crowds at all so it was much easier to social distance, and people were much more diligent about it in lines, and I actually saw a CM tell someone that they needed to put their mask back on.

So, just one local’s story, but I cannot recommend Disney Springs past roughly 4:30 but before that, on a weekday, it’s much more manageable.

With Florida easing on restrictions, does anyone know or have an educated guess if Uni & Disney will increase capacities at Citywalk or Disney Springs? I'm concerned they'll let up because they're allowed to and then it's not as safe as it was.

I hope they give statements to know how their operations will adjust, but I doubt it because if it conflicts with the Governor, it can be seen as political.

Reactions: HHNObsession
Status
Not open for further replies.