Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have different opinions of human behavior, especially human behavior in Florida. A fine from a county may not mean much to you, but it adds a layer of legitimacy to any private company looking to demand mask usage. In my opinion, Florida just opened the flood gates and anyone who doesn’t want to wear a mask will use this decision as cover. That will increase idiotic choices and it’s already challenging to enforce mask use. I also have minimal confidence that any company will lifetime ban or charge individuals with trespassing in any meaningful way, especially after this decision. This is typical Florida, burying their heads in the sand. And much like the climate change idiocy in Florida, with that choice you’ll soon you’ll find your head underwater. There are 3 things we are advised to do: wash our hands, avoid large gatherings and wear a mask. Florida just neutered 2 out of 3 of those guidelines.

Enjoy your state, Florida. I’m out.
Private companies couldn't fine in the first place. The options are the same as before- eject. trespass. I doubt either park will relax because all it will take is one case traced back to someone not wearing a mask in a park and it becomes a PR nightmare.

Another weekend of terrible distancing from what I'm reading. Starting to think my only hope is a weekday run for HHN or nothing. Even more diehard HHN fans are complaining about it on twitter today. Sick of Universal not trying. I don't think it's fair to dismiss @jwbitterman's concerns when Universal has been half-doing this all along with no signs of improvement.

^ Hmmm... but what exactly can they do about exiting the parking garages, especially at opening? One would go blue in the face yelling at people. At least, from those two pictures, everyone appears to be wearing their masks correctly! ;)

(that said, I am lucky in that I adore my own company)

Reactions: Mad Dog
^ Hmmm... but what exactly can they do about exiting the parking garages, especially at opening? One would go blue in the face yelling at people. At least, from those two pictures, everyone appears to be wearing their masks correctly! ;)

(that said, I am lucky in that I adore my own company)
Im not hearing that in the parks is much better.

Examples (put in spoiler tags for language reasons lol):

Last edited:
We have different opinions of human behavior, especially human behavior in Florida. A fine from a county may not mean much to you, but it adds a layer of legitimacy to any private company looking to demand mask usage. In my opinion, Florida just opened the flood gates and anyone who doesn’t want to wear a mask will use this decision as cover. That will increase idiotic choices and it’s already challenging to enforce mask use. I also have minimal confidence that any company will lifetime ban or charge individuals with trespassing in any meaningful way, especially after this decision. This is typical Florida, burying their heads in the sand. And much like the climate change idiocy in Florida, with that choice you’ll soon you’ll find your head underwater. There are 3 things we are advised to do: wash our hands, avoid large gatherings and wear a mask. Florida just neutered 2 out of 3 of those guidelines.

Enjoy your state, Florida. I’m out.
I just went to Target, in dumb Florida, and everything you stated is not the case.

^ I am horrified that they are using queue lines next to reverse queue lines!!! That center aisle in the FJ queue should be EMPTY. That does it, I am going to stop visiting the parks so often. :look:

Things appear, or selectively appear, worse than last weekend when I was there. FJ photo does not represent what I've ever seen at WDW or UOR last weekend when I was there.

And this is why I'm saying it's not fair to totally ignore/dismiss @jwbitterman's fears. It's not like UOR is actively improving by any means and may even be getting worse. They may not go as extreme as he fears, but let's not pretend they're striving for safety or anything.

Things appear, or selectively appear, worse than last weekend when I was there. FJ photo does not represent what I've ever seen at WDW or UOR last weekend when I was there.

Just speaking on Disney Springs, add more people with noses out, masks hanging off, etc. + kids booger eating, and those pictures wouldn’t be too far off from Wednesday night there.

Just speaking on Disney Springs, add more people with noses out, masks hanging off, etc. + kids booger eating, and those pictures wouldn’t be too far off from Wednesday night there.
Disney Springs is generally one of the most reliable places to go if you plan on getting COVID. :ack:

Idk why I keep giving it a chance because it's a nightmare every time I go there. It's weird because WDW's parks are pretty good at mask enforcement (and distancing for most part), too.

Disney Springs is generally one of the most reliable places to go if you plan on getting COVID. :ack:

Idk why I keep giving it a chance because it's a nightmare every time I go there. It's weird because WDW's parks are pretty good at mask enforcement (and distancing for most part), too.

Yeah, unfortunately I was picking somethings up that I ran out of and it’s the closest, most convenient place to shop for me-but I will not be going back there at night any time soon. Thursday during the day was better, but once the parks close and the locals are out for dinner? A mess.

Reactions: Chumpieboy
And this is why I'm saying it's not fair to totally ignore/dismiss @jwbitterman's fears. It's not like UOR is actively improving by any means and may even be getting worse. They may not go as extreme as he fears, but let's not pretend they're striving for safety or anything.

Oh I'm not trying to excuse a company or diminish the worries of anyone, just adding my personal observations.

People in Florida enjoy....I rather play it safe. While it sucks Disneyland has no guildlines what WDW is about to have happen is way worst than that to me by a million.
We are about to see people go full stupid and cases will jump up

Those pictures of the parking garage and Hogsmeade made me so disappointed in Universal and their management. Does anybody know how much capacity they need to make a profit? For instance, June had a very limited capacity and each week it seemed to go up. So what's the minimum capacity they need to keep up and running cause this seems unnecessary during these times of a pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.