Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an email this morning from Six Flags.

They are extending all 2020 season pass holders to have their passes expire December 31, 2021.

Additionally, if you purchased an all season dining or flash pass, those are also being extended until the end of next year.

I was certainly not expecting either, but especially not the latter. So great job on Six Flags; who corporately (not operationally) have handled this thing pretty dang well between the reservations, entrance into parks, etc.
I got the email to

4 skip the lines per day, that great. One day a year to bring a friend...meh I was expecting more but i guess since its a free add on cant complain too much.

I'm going to let me pass go until fall of next year then cancel so I can get two more halloween seasons in

With Florida easing on restrictions, does anyone know or have an educated guess if Uni & Disney will increase capacities at Citywalk or Disney Springs? I'm concerned they'll let up because they're allowed to and then it's not as safe as it was.

I hope they give statements to know how their operations will adjust, but I doubt it because if it conflicts with the Governor, it can be seen as political.
Exactly what I was wondering. Apparently theme parks can resume normal operations. Really wonder if universal will make a move or play it safe?
A86960E0-55C5-4973-8F4F-875B0D13747C.jpeg

LOL

WTF? Things are not normal, I get allowing more people into places but this is literally going to kill people...my god

Glad Disney and the rest of the parks are going to for now keep the masks but if they let more people in....just wow

Exactly what I was wondering. Apparently theme parks can resume normal operations. Really wonder if universal will make a move or play it safe?
It’s the difference between me renewing my AP or not which is going to expire in the next 30 days. If masks outside continue, I understand the move, but I won’t renew as it’s personally just not worth the expense for me.
If they remove the mask restriction for outside (as long as you can distance), I’ll renew.

Taking the “what do you want them to do?” Out of it; I actually wonder, financially, if universal would be more profitable with less restrictions, more restrictions, or current restrictions.

What shape are Florida hospitals in right now? Administrators must be mortified at what is to come from this moronic decree.
The hospitals are plenty fine and I’m sure the admins don’t care one lick based on current trends, tbh.

Reactions: shiekra38 and Freak
Theme Park Insider has an article today speculating on attendance at WDW now compared to when it reopened. One of the posters had a good 'anecdotal evidence' comment. He's been going
to the WDW parks since the reopening and checking the parking lots to try to determine capacity increases. Here's Rave 5's comment; " "A few weeks ago a capacity day at MK was the first two lots completely filled. This week they are now filling the next three parking lots (Villains and Heroes) to 50% or more. This means in the past week they have more than doubled car parking. The same has taken place at DHS. Epcot & AK have seen additional increases, but at a lower rate. They have easily increased
capacity by 50% ' He added that's he's seen less mask compliance than there was earlier, with people removing masks and/or wearing them below their noses. He also said, "I have seen less and less effort to enforce the rules".
Once again, just anecdotal evidence on whether WDW increased capacity without announcing it. But the parking lot theory seems like a pretty good judge of evidence without having access to internal business documents.

Does that mean trams are back? I was shocked by how far back the parking got on my last visit and still no trams (Labor Day Weekend).

That's not what this means at all

There are no more fines for not wearing masks. If you don’t think this will result in an immediately noticeable decrease in mask usage at the parks and a corresponding decrease in any enforcement what do you think will happen? The logical conclusion of no teeth behind not wearing masks will be no enforcement.

This is Florida going full Florida. Good luck with that.

Does that mean trams are back? I was shocked by how far back the parking got on my last visit and still no trams (Labor Day Weekend).
I haven't recently read anything on trams. Perhaps some poster here has been at WDW the past week, and can give us a tram update.

There are no more fines for not wearing masks. If you don’t think this will result in an immediately noticeable decrease in mask usage at the parks and a corresponding decrease in any enforcement what do you think will happen? The logical conclusion of no teeth behind not wearing masks will be no enforcement.

This is Florida going full Florida. Good luck with that.
I don't believe it will result in decreased mask wearing or enforcement.

In Miami-Dade the fine was only like $100 and then they'd give you a mask out of the deal so I'm not sure what teeth you're talking about.

The parks can still trespass people for not complying.

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
I don't believe it will result in decreased mask wearing or enforcement.

In Miami-Dade the fine was only like $100 and then they'd give you a mask out of the deal so I'm not sure what teeth you're talking about.

The parks can still trespass people for not complying.
My guess is that the theme parks will take a wait and see attitude. They'll probably keep the mask wearing & social distancing measures for now, though I'd think they'll move their park capacities higher. There may be, in a slow
eroding manner, less stringent 'enforcement' of the safety features by park staff....We're just guessing though. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Oh... they still have teeth. You can trespass anyone for any reason. And the parks can also lifetime ban.

Private businesses should be able to add whatever restrictions they want and I’d fight/vote tooth and nail to protect their rights as private businesses to require an article of clothing (like a mask).

Reactions: MrBlonde
Oh... they still have teeth. You can trespass anyone for any reason. And the parks can also lifetime ban.

Private businesses should be able to add whatever restrictions they want and I’d fight/vote tooth and nail to protect their rights as private businesses to require an article of clothing (like a mask).

We have different opinions of human behavior, especially human behavior in Florida. A fine from a county may not mean much to you, but it adds a layer of legitimacy to any private company looking to demand mask usage. In my opinion, Florida just opened the flood gates and anyone who doesn’t want to wear a mask will use this decision as cover. That will increase idiotic choices and it’s already challenging to enforce mask use. I also have minimal confidence that any company will lifetime ban or charge individuals with trespassing in any meaningful way, especially after this decision. This is typical Florida, burying their heads in the sand. And much like the climate change idiocy in Florida, with that choice you’ll soon you’ll find your head underwater. There are 3 things we are advised to do: wash our hands, avoid large gatherings and wear a mask. Florida just neutered 2 out of 3 of those guidelines.

Enjoy your state, Florida. I’m out.

Last edited:
Looking at Touring Plans 'covid safety era adjusted' line times this morning it looks like both USF and IOA are busy, but not 'crazy busy' like last Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.