Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up. It’s either broken or availability is gone. Although to answer your last question I’ve heard an email wasn’t necessary and as a premier pass holder who couldn’t secure a reservation I’m kinda irritated.

Yeah, I downloaded 3 different browsers and it’s still giving me the same Error message that the store is unavailable and to try back later. Phone lines seem to also be down. I’m only Preferred, but I never get passholder emails so that’s why I asked.

Reactions: awhen
When you get to the pass number validation screen, try changing to webstore7. It seems like the email link then routes you to a specific area of the online store - don't know if it helps or not but I was just able to load a time into my cart and all appeared available.

Edit: maybe it appears there's 1-8... don't know if one is "better" but it does seem to be trying to disperse traffic to different storefronts.

Reactions: awhen
When you get to the pass number validation screen, try changing to webstore7. It seems like the email link then routes you to a specific area of the online store - don't know if it helps or not but I was just able to load a time into my cart and all appeared available.

Edit: maybe it appears there's 1-8... don't know if one is "better" but it does seem to be trying to disperse traffic to different storefronts.

I tried this but it’s giving me a Pass is Blocked message now so :shrug: Idk what’s going on.

Got through this time. Just waiting for some confirmation emails. I’m a little worried because I couldn’t see a way to enter 4 passes in one transaction (wife and kids) so hopefully I didn’t mess any of them up.

Edit: it was webstore 7 if we’re keeping score.

FWIW - here's the official article on UOR hotels reopening.

As much of a shambles as it seemed to be for people to get early access to UOR before the 5th June, I think Universal are in a prime position to steal a lot of the market share here and after a week of opening, hopefully it will be smooth sailing. Disney seem to be handling it very poorly from what I've seen and as much as things are going to be different for a while, Universal seem to be aiming for the most 'normal' park experience and the hotels opening is an added bonus.

For myself and a lot of people, theme parks are an escape from reality and aiming for normality as much as possible is what the world needs right now.

Heard from a DVC person that they're planning a trip down 4th of July weekend. I said "you know the parks won't be open". They were told the parks would be soft opening for DVC members to test the new procedures.

• Haha
Reactions: JoeCamel
Heard from a DVC person that they're planning a trip down 4th of July weekend. I said "you know the parks won't be open". They were told the parks would be soft opening for DVC members to test the new procedures.
Hmmm. Well, we know Annual Passholders are going to be getting a preview for sure. They even sent out emails teasing it tonight.

ap222.jpg

Reactions: SeventyOne
Did Universal ever say anything about spacing people out on rides or in shows? I remember hearing something about those for Disney and SeaWorld, but couldn’t find anything for Uni.

Did Universal ever say anything about spacing people out on rides or in shows? I remember hearing something about those for Disney and SeaWorld, but couldn’t find anything for Uni.
It says “Space travel parties as appropriate” in their proposal for attractions and entertainment. Guess that pretty much covers it.

ECDD7B8C-15F1-4C8D-AEA6-BD3E9B8FAEE0.png

Reactions: Magic Feather
Universal App recently updated with more Virtual Queue Capabilities. So far, Rockit, Minions, Mummy, Fallon, and Supercharged have it at USF, with Forbidden Journey and Hagrid having it at IOA.
Curiously, on the app, actual Virtual Line capabilities (able to open the attraction page and see a “Reserve Virtual Line Pass” option) was pulled from Hagrid and FJ, while being added to Kong and Hulk.

Meanwhile, in lieu of the Closed or 5 min wait header, a lot of attractions without the above capability now say “Virtual Line”. It’s very odd.

Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.