Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curiously, on the app, actual Virtual Line capabilities (able to open the attraction page and see a “Reserve Virtual Line Pass” option) was pulled from Hagrid and FJ, while being added to Kong and Hulk.

Meanwhile, in lieu of the Closed or 5 min wait header, a lot of attractions without the above capability now say “Virtual Line”. It’s very odd.
Most rides now have VQ on the app, including every HP attraction. These are the only attractions without VQ:

Caroseussel
Cat in the Hat
Dr. Doom's Fearfall
Dudley Do-Right
E.T. Adventure
High in the Sky Seuss Trolly Train Ride
One Fish, Two Fish
Popeye
Poseidon's Fury
Shrek 4D
Storm Force
Woody Woodpecker

It also looks like Kang and Kodos might be closed; it isn't listed as open or VQ on the app.

Most rides now have VQ on the app, including every HP attraction. These are the only attractions without VQ:

Caroseussel
Cat in the Hat
Dr. Doom's Fearfall
Dudley Do-Right
E.T. Adventure
High in the Sky Seuss Trolly Train Ride
One Fish, Two Fish
Popeye
Poseidon's Fury
Shrek 4D
Storm Force
Woody Woodpecker

It also looks like Kang and Kodos might be closed; it isn't listed as open or VQ on the app.
Just because it says “Virtual Line” it doesn’t mean it has the capabilities set. Like I described, only some attractions have the ability to let you reserve a Virtual Line pass.

I wonder if Universal will control what virtual lines are in use with variable control like they sometimes do with Fallon.
Yea. I’ve been thinking they may only initiate virtual line when they’ve run out available (social distanced) physical queue space. They may be adding the capability for virtual line for most attractions, but only turn it on as needed.

How would they do the big coasters with VQ, since you have to put you phone away? A paper ticket VQ only perhaps for those?
Hagrid was designed to be able to route all guests entering to locker area prior to getting into main queue.

Placing temporary barricade stanchions up they could check your ticket/phone prior to routing you through the locker area, and then to ride entrance. Would work perfect for things like Hulk for example.

Hagrid was designed to be able to route all guests entering to locker area prior to getting into main queue.

Placing temporary barricade stanchions up they could check your ticket/phone prior to routing you through the locker area, and then to ride entrance. Would work perfect for things like Hulk for example.
This would work at Rockit as the entrance is already routed through the lockers, but Hulk has to deal with Storm Force. Maybe the pass check would be at the lockers as anyone going through the detectors with their phones wouldn't have a pass.

Edit: I realize this is basically another version of what you said lol

Reactions: Alicia
This would work at Rockit as the entrance is already routed through the lockers, but Hulk has to deal with Storm Force. Maybe the pass check would be at the lockers as anyone going through the detectors with their phones wouldn't have a pass.

Edit: I realize this is basically another version of what you said lol
Assuming Storm Force will even be open at first. But yea, since they’ll be pulsing people into locker area for social distancing anyway, TMs can instruct guests when to cross the path leading to Storm Force in bursts.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Now that I think about it, didn't the original VL technology effectively allow for unlimited lines to be entered (you could have one for FnF and Fallon)? I wonder if they would try to limit it, so someone couldn't have a return time for everything.

I think they could run into some issues if there's a serious incentive to cheat the system, such as all rides go to VQ and not just when they run out of distanced physical queue.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Anyone know what to expect at the AP previews on Wed/Thurs? I don't think they've announced the park closing time or much else details wise.

And what kind of attendance numbers do you think we'll see? 5-10% capacity max I'm guessing.

Likely none. The theme parks are far enough away from city centers, and large enough private entities, to be recognized as uninvolved in the protestors messaging.

Idk, big corporations seem to be targets, and large shopping districts. Also, areas that get a lot of attention. A disney springs area protest or on on I-Drive wouldn't surprise me.

Likely none. The theme parks are far enough away from city centers, and large enough private entities, to be recognized as uninvolved in the protestors messaging.
Idk, big corporations seem to be targets, and large shopping districts. Also, areas that get a lot of attention. A disney springs area protest or on on I-Drive wouldn't surprise me.
Disney just publicly stated their support , so I don't think they'd become a target.

This isn't even 2 miles away from UOR. I think similar things happened at the outlets north of I Drive.

The immediate area surrounding a Busch Gardens is one of the largest protest hubs in the Tampa area. If the protests continue, I could see them affecting BGT’s operations.

Disney just publicly stated their support , so I don't think they'd become a target.

I have my doubts that the looters care about the movement or who supports it. Everything from small black businesses to high end malls and car dealerships are getting looted. If riots start near Disney, I can't imagine they'd be spared.

Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.